+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
HA! This wait for incoming PERs is like a popular saying, "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?" PERs are falling elsewhere but we do not hear them in our little thread! Have a restful weekend everyone.
This is awesome and very true.

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Thanks Bindu, and best wishes to you too.

Pippin said:
HA! This wait for incoming PERs is like a popular saying, "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?" PERs are falling elsewhere but we do not hear them in our little thread! Have a restful weekend everyone.
How aptly it describes what’s happening here!

Rina

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
hopefully soon
IELTS Request
sent with application - 8.5 band score
LANDED..........
2011?
Hey, just wanted to see if you can also change my color back to black in the spreadsheet? I'll let you know as soon as there are any news about my status..... Hope that will be before Christmas....

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
moegbenga said:
...I actually read it somewhere in their(cic) website where they said calling might slow down the processing of your application....
It's at their webpage - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG77.asp - under the section “Factors that facilitate processing” where it's also mentioned to “refrain from making unnecessary inquiries to the Canada Visa Office regarding the status of your application”.

The advise is however more applicable when the file reaches the Visa Office, and probably when the hard copy file needs to be retrieved (and consequently taken off the queue sequence) to be reviewed to answer a query sort.

At the initial stage at CIO, and unless the Harper Administration has a deep pocket, it is highly unlikely that the Call Center would be manned by CIO staff responsible for the actual review of the documents submitted. From the "mechanical” responses forumers have been receiving, its seems that they have limited information on applications received, and are probably providing information off a script – which may suggest that the function is either out-sourced, or under-taken by junior staff.

Personally I don't believe any query made when the document is at CIO (especially for post 25 June applications), would impact the time-lines for it to be reviewed. It is probably when it reaches the "Selection & Admissibility" phase that there may be some impact, and that too if the query goes to the Processing Officer and not the Call Center!

Cheers

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kathe said:
Let's get brainstorming! ....
Could not resist jumping into the bandwagon too.

On the assumption that we represent 4.12% of the total applications processed [i.e. total applications in the post 25 June Google spreadsheet (less an arbitrary 10% for applications returned), over the total applications received by CIC as reported in their website], and on the basis that the sample at this forum represents the overall application status, the 18 PERs received to-date would translate to a total of 437 PERs issued by CIC over the past 15 working days or an average of 29 PERs per day.

As there is likely to be approximately only 14 working days till they break-off for the Christmas and New Year Holidays, it would mean that a further 408 PERs in total issued by CIO. Holding the 4.12% constant, it would translate to 17 PERs to us...unfortunately not sufficient to clear the August list. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is one occasion I hope that I am wrong!

Cheers

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
ouch!! with this rate, ours which is september, we will be expecting PER by mid january...if thats the case ill accept my PER as a birthday gift.

Temasek congratulations!

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Government of Canada invests in Toronto, in program developed with the Province of Ontario and the City of Toronto

Toronto, December 3, 2010 — The Government of Canada is investing more than $2M for improved access to services to help newcomers successfully integrate, Citizenship, Immigration, and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

Through the federally funded Local Immigration Partnership, developed in collaboration with the Province of Ontario and the City of Toronto, representatives from several sectors including employers, educational institutions and settlement and social service agencies will work together to research the diverse needs of newcomers in order to create a strategy to improve integration.

Through the City of Toronto Newcomer Initiative, settlement workers will be placed in Public Health offices, City child care facilities, shelters and community recreation centres to use city services to advance the social and economic wellbeing of newcomers to Toronto.

“The Local Immigration Partnership and Newcomer initiative programs will enhance the City of Toronto’s ability to help newcomers integrate,” said Minister Kenney. “By better understanding newcomers’ needs, we can improve access to important services, like language training, that are key to successful integration. We are very much looking forward to working with the new Mayor of Toronto toward that end.”

"I am very pleased to be here with my Federal and Provincial colleagues,” said city of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford. “Providing top notch customer service to our newcomer residents is something that is imperative.”

“Attracting and retaining newcomers is part of our Open Ontario plan for economic growth for our province,” said Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. “This newest Local Immigration Partnership will ensure that our newcomers get the services they need to help them settle and find a good job right here in Toronto.”

Since 2005, the Government of Canada has more than tripled its annual spending on settlement services for newcomers in Ontario. For 2010–11, the Government of Canada is allocating $428 million in Ontario for settlement services for newcomers, such as language training, job search workshops and placing settlement workers in schools

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
2future said:
Thank you soooo much Zahid, actually I read on another thread that a separate pcc is required for every city one has lived in.My husband is an ex Army officer,hence, we have lived in a number of cities! That was the confusion.plus my application has already been returned once :( so I am anxious.Thanks again for your input.I'll definitely bother you again if another confusion arises. ;D
Good luck to you.
I am no expert, I learned from this forum as well as form my own mistakes.
You are always welcome.
-zahed

Silent

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was disappointing week for our forum compared to last week. Anyways lets hope for the best and may new week bring lots of PER and joy into our forum................ : ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
Hey people,

I hate this sort of silence here :( :(

I see Dr. Medhat(Our latest PER ;)) had his payment en cashed on Oct 19th 2010. So, he got his PER just 6 weeks after his payment is en cashed. But we have more than 15 people waiting in the line, whose payments were done in Sep. Should we guess the order of PER will be the same as the payment en cashing dates? Or the application receiving dates? Or is it just too random :-\ :-\ :-\

No matter what stage of the processing we are put into, we will have endless topics to bring up theories upon how CIO does things ;) ;)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Temasek said:
Could not resist jumping into the bandwagon too.

On the assumption that we represent 4.12% of the total applications processed [i.e. total applications in the post 25 June Google spreadsheet (less an arbitrary 10% for applications returned), over the total applications received by CIC as reported in their website], and on the basis that the sample at this forum represents the overall application status, the 18 PERs received to-date would translate to a total of 437 PERs issued by CIC over the past 15 working days or an average of 29 PERs per day.

As there is likely to be approximately only 14 working days till they break-off for the Christmas and New Year Holidays, it would mean that a further 408 PERs in total issued by CIO. Holding the 4.12% constant, it would translate to 17 PERs to us...unfortunately not sufficient to clear the August list. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is one occasion I hope that I am wrong!

Cheers
At quick glance, thought you went to bengawan solo :D later noticed bandwagon that so true and reflects well on this forum.Wish converting 17 to 70 :)

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
indira_prab said:
I see Dr. Medhat(Our latest PER ;)) had his payment en cashed on Oct 19th 2010. So, he got his PER just 6 weeks after his payment is en cashed. But we have more than 15 people waiting in the line, whose payments were done in Sep. Should we guess the order of PER will be the same as the payment en cashing dates? Or the application receiving dates? Or is it just too random :-\ :-\ :-\

Indira Prabhakaran.

By flipping a coin :D

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
indira_prab said:
Hey people,

No matter what stage of the processing we are put into, we will have endless topics to bring up theories upon how CIO does things ;) ;)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Deem that receiving date rather than payment date.Shouldn't be random :)

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
indira_prab said:
Hey people,

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
I think it was a miss-typing, the encashed should be in Sept 19th.
Amro, please confirm

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
We need to get a better view so the following guys should confirm their presence & following to our thread:

Iafaneh
Dr.A
yoyojaap
Titisak
Inexperienced
Made711
Dr. ex

Did you get your PERs or not yet ??? ??? ???