Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Quick question. For FSW2 the work permit has to be valid when PR is issued, no? My work permit is expiring in October and I am switching to a study permit to maintain status. It would suck that after 21 months of waiting they say, sorry we can't issue PR because you no longer have a work permit.

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
mahek286 said:
Quick question. For FSW2 the work permit has to be valid when PR is issued, no? My work permit is expiring in October and I am switching to a study permit to maintain status. It would suck that after 21 months of waiting they say, sorry we can't issue PR because you no longer have a work permit.
That is correct. you need a have a valid WP when PR is about to be issued.

Thanks,
satya.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
satyasuman said:

Thanks,
satya.
Isn't this just lovely! I guess CEC seems to be like the only way now.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satyasuman said:

Thanks,
satya.
mahek286 said:

Hi mahek,

The requirement is for a "LEGAL STAY" in Canada in case your work permit expires. It can be a VISITOR/STUDENT status as well, not necessary that you have to have a WORK PERMIT.

Even if you are in IMPLIED STATUS, that will be considered legal and your PR application will go through without any problem.

Please ensure that you apply for an "Extension of stay" before the date of expiry of your WP.

GOOD LUCK... :)

Mitali

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
mitali said:
Hi mahek,

The requirement is for a "LEGAL STAY" in Canada in case your work permit expires. It can be a VISITOR/STUDENT status as well, not necessary that you have to have a WORK PERMIT.

Even if you are in IMPLIED STATUS, that will be considered legal and your PR application will go through without any problem.

Please ensure that you apply for an "Extension of stay" before the date of expiry of your WP.

Mitali,

Thanks for your input. I did apply for an extension of stay. I registered in a graduate course and applied to change conditions from worker to student. Will this be sufficient? Or do I have to have a valid work permit at the time of PR?

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
mitali said:
Hi mahek,

Mitali
hi Mitali,

how are you?

1 quick question - We have applied under FSW2.. Which is arranged employment category. Wouldnt that be an issue if the employment is no more there and you applied in that category for PR?

Thanks,
satya.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahek286 said:
mitali said:
Hi mahek,

Mitali,

Thanks for your input. I did apply for an extension of stay. I registered in a graduate course and applied to change conditions from worker to student. Will this be sufficient? Or do I have to have a valid work permit at the time of PR?
Mahek,

As I said, you just need to have a document which says you are legally residing in Canada at the time of your PR finalization. And what you have done now is sufficient to claim that requirement.

Now, there might be a situation, if your Student permit is denied (God forbid) before the PR application comes through. In that case you apply for RESTORATION of Status AND VISITOR STATUS (additional $200 fees for Restoration) and send the application to Vegreville. You wait (again Implied status which is legal stay)till the application is approved and I am sure by that time yor PR will come through.

In case your PR comes before your Change of status application then you can get a refund for your Extn application or the Restoration application, which ever would be valid at that point of time.

Mitali

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
mitali said:
Mahek,

As I said, you just need to have a document which says you are legally residing in Canada at the time of your PR finalization. And what you have done now is sufficient to claim that requirement.

Now, there might be a situation, if your Student permit is denied (God forbid) before the PR application comes through. In that case you apply for RESTORATION of Status AND VISITOR STATUS (additional $200 fees for Restoration) and send the application to Vegreville. You wait (again Implied status which is legal stay)till the application is approved and I am sure by that time yor PR will come through.

In case your PR comes before your Change of status application then you can get a refund for your Extn application or the Restoration application, which ever would be valid at that point of time.

Mitali

Thanks, Mitali. Very helpful. Let's pray all goes well.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satyasuman said:
hi Mitali,

how are you?

1 quick question - We have applied under FSW2.. Which is arranged employment category. Wouldnt that be an issue if the employment is no more there and you applied in that category for PR?

Thanks,
satya.
Hi Satya,

If one has applied under AEO and the offer is non existent then the PR application is null and void.

Mitali

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
mitali said:
Hi Satya,

If one has applied under AEO and the offer is non existent then the PR application is null and void.

Mitali
That is what mahek's issue is. He applied under FSW2 category and if WP is not there means, there is no offer for him. If thats the case then, does changing to a different status will help?

Thanks,
satya.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satyasuman said:
That is what mahek's issue is. He applied under FSW2 category and if WP is not there means, there is no offer for him. If thats the case then, does changing to a different status will help?

Thanks,
satya.
Hi Satya,

I was referring to AEO cases, wherein the applicant cannot be in Canada unless the application is approved (You know that already :).

Mahek is/was under PGWP which is different than AEO.....so he still does have the option of Changing his status in Canada from WP to Visitor or Student Permit and retain a VALID Legal stay.

Hope its clear now.

Mitali

Stuart74

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
10-01-2012
IELTS Request
With Docs
File Transfer...
23-04-2012
Med's Request
03-05-2012
Med's Done....
09-05-2012 - MEDICALS arrived at LVO 23rd May 2012. MEDICALS RECEIVED ECAS Line added 28th June 2012. DECISION MADE ADDED 15th July 2012!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-07-2012 :D
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2012 :D
LANDED..........
07-02-2013
Hi All,

After our Decision Made yesterday we received our Passport Requests today via email from our Consultants in Canada. :)

Good luck to all, London seems to be flying at the moment.

Regards
Stuart

mew2k10

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > NYC VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-October-2010 Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
10-February-2011 PER
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
10-January-2012 NYC VO
Med's Request
Received 8-June-2012
Med's Done....
18-June-2012
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 18-August-2012
LANDED..........
May 2013
Congrats to all who received good news recently. :D :D :D

My ECAS changed to "Medicals Received" a few days back. :)

Does anyone know if that means received in Ottowa or at the Visa Office?

Thanks,

Mark

fourkey2001

Star Member
Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-12-2013
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 17 2013
IELTS Request
submitted
Med's Request
Dec 2, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Please update me as IN PROCESS as of today... THANKS!

I think my file is in Detroit

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stuart74 said:
Hi All,

After our Decision Made yesterday we received our Passport Requests today via email from our Consultants in Canada. :)

Good luck to all, London seems to be flying at the moment.

Regards
Stuart
Congrats Straut....finally the waiting game is ALMOST over... :)

Mitali