06/02/12 (MR, RPRF, PCC & PPR)
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
varismart said:
Finally with the God Grace recieved my Most awaited MR/RPF/PPR via email.

regards
vari
Supeeeerb, vari!!! Hearty congrats on the much-awaited email :D

All the very very best...

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
08/03/11 (PER - from CIC)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Score 8 bands
File Transfer...
07/04/11 (AOR - from VO), RBVO 04/04/11; IP 02/12/11
Med's Request
06/02/12 (MR, RPRF, PCC & PPR)
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
CHHOTTI said:
Hello friends,
Just to update that today I checked my e-case just now and it went IN PROCESS...but inside is same detail..with no address...
Regards
Ritu
Congrats, Ritu!! Wish you a speedy process ahead :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
vicky7777 said:
All my dear friends, Pls think over on all the aspect before moving to canada. I don't want to discourge you but would like to bring some vibrant fact before you. Like all when i got my PR VISA i was very happy. I landed in Edmonton Alberata in November 2011 and started looking for job immdiately. weather in Alberata is very tough especially during winter and it is slimilar at other Northern part of canada. I tried for almost 2 month could find any job over there then i moved to toronto in January 2012. i started searching for jobs but eveywhere they are asking for canadian Work experience and canadian education. now i have lost all the money which i brought and now got job of security gaurd in residential condos. where i earning $1200 per month. and expesense per month are $1600. I was working as Assistant Manger with one of Leading bank in India. now unwilling have to do this kind of job. Canadian system is so hard it would allow you to save anything. each indiviual has to pay 13% tax on his weekly income irrespective of amount which he/she earns. again you have to pay 13$ Tax on you each purchase evey grossary. Even though you make up your mind to do odd jobs you won't have any left in you. True picture in canada , they want new immigrant in their country to do labour jobs. i am so pist off from this system that i have finally made up my mind and decided to go back to home country next month.

my advise to all my dear friend from different part of the world what we think from our home regarding canada is not correct. while granting visa they taken into consideration our work experience and educational qualification. but when you actually land here they don't even consider you fo data entry operator position with an excuse that they need candidate with canadian experience.

Regads,
Vicky
Hi well a few points I would say in response

1) Paying tax on your weekly income irrespective of how much you earn is not true. Each Canadian resident has a tax allowance per year below which they do not pay tax. My wife is currently working part-time in a shopping mall whilst trying to secure a science job, and she pays hardly any tax because she earns only barely over the threshold (which is $10,000 to $11,000 per year I think - there are actually 2 figures, one for Federal tax and another for Provincial).

2) Canada have plenty of people to do "labour jobs". They don't need immigrants to do those jobs. They need immigrants as skilled, educated workers. But the system can be a tough nut to crack.

Some approximate stats to remember
- Only 20% of jobs are advertised, the other 80% are secure through referrals, word of mouth, people cold calling companies
- 80% of job seekers go for those 20% of advertised jobs.

You have been here in Canada for what, 3 to 4 months? The average length of time it takes an immigrant to get a job in line with their profession is around 6 months. My wife has been here for 3 months and is still working part-time in the mall. However she has recently had some interviews with a science company in Central Vancouver (still waiting to hear if they are going to offer her a job or not). She did not get anywhere by applying to the company in the traditional manner. Instead she met the CEO of the company at a science networking evening and after several conversations and emails from him personally he was able to arrange for the interviews to be set up for her.

And regarding Canadian work experience, you have been working as a security guard in Canada. So you now HAVE Canadian work experience. My wife got the job in the shopping mall 1 day after she landed here and by the second day she had already complete 1 day at work.

But securing work in your profession takes time, hard work and patience. Networking is the strongest means. Try to build names and contacts and get that personal level of contact with prospective employers.

I'd urge you not to give up yet if you've come this far.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

xplorin82

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
10-02-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Los Angeles - Feb 2012
Med's Request
28-03-2012
Med's Done....
21-05-2012 (med recvd line on eCas)
Passport Req..
30-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2012
Could someone please update my record in the spreadsheet to Medical Request received date: Mar 28, 2012
and eCas status = In Process

Thank you!

mitali said:
Hope you have now got an opportunity to read your "much awaited" email....Congrats :)

Best of luck to all BUFFOLIANS :)

Mitali

Canada 1

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
Med's Request
04-25-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-29-2013
Congratulations Xplorin82 !!!!!!!!!!

That is indeed good news,..,.

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
xplorin82 said:
Could someone please update my record in the spreadsheet to Medical Request received date: Mar 28, 2012

Thank you!

A BIG CONGRATS.........

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
Guys, quick question. Does anybody know anyone who retained David Cohen (Campbell Cohen) as representative for immigration application anytime in 2010.

If so how much was quoted for Retainers agreement?

Very urgent, A friend is doing some research on representative fees.

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xplorin82 said:

Thank you!
congra buddy

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors,
I am a post june 2010 applicant and just wanna pick up your minds about the average time LVO is taking now a days to finalize cases AFTER completion of Meds.Your replies would be helpful
Thanks

Temasek

Jul 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
5 Aug 11 [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/canadai.gif/][IMG]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2743/canadai.gif[/IMG][/URL]
vicky7777 said:
All my dear friends, Pls think over on all the aspect before moving to canada. I don't want to discourge you but would like to bring some vibrant fact before you. Like all when i got my PR VISA i was very happy. I landed in Edmonton Alberata in November 2011 and started looking for job immdiately. weather in Alberata is very tough especially during winter and it is slimilar at other Northern part of canada. I tried for almost 2 month could find any job over there then i moved to toronto in January 2012. i started searching for jobs but eveywhere they are asking for canadian Work experience and canadian education. now i have lost all the money which i brought and now got job of security gaurd in residential condos. where i earning $1200 per month. and expesense per month are $1600. I was working as Assistant Manger with one of Leading bank in India. now unwilling have to do this kind of job. Canadian system is so hard it would allow you to save anything. each indiviual has to pay 13% tax on his weekly income irrespective of amount which he/she earns. again you have to pay 13$ Tax on you each purchase evey grossary. Even though you make up your mind to do odd jobs you won't have any left in you. True picture in canada , they want new immigrant in their country to do labour jobs. i am so pist off from this system that i have finally made up my mind and decided to go back to home country next month.

my advise to all my dear friend from different part of the world what we think from our home regarding canada is not correct. while granting visa they taken into consideration our work experience and educational qualification. but when you actually land here they don't even consider you fo data entry operator position with an excuse that they need candidate with canadian experience.

Regads,
Vicky
I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I am sure that you must have thought of it very hard and long before coming to the decision you have made. I do however hope that yours is only a temporary problem, and that you will eventually enjoy the fruits of your move.

It always disturbing whenever I see such a post. I am not trying to ridicule you or your experience, but I do hope to add to the few pointers already raised earlier, which I hope would also be of help to those who are going to make the move.

• Many immigrants get lost in the euphoria of getting their visa, and lose sight that immigrating is never easy no matter where you go - with or without preparation. You are however definitely at an advantage when you come prepared and know what is waiting for you before you make that move. So do research everything, and I mean everything that may or may not impact you (including “what ifs”), such as financials, jobs, schooling, credential assessment, housing, communities, self-help groups, volunteering, etc.

• We all wish that we get that dream job the moment we land. While I do not deny that there are some who may take a shorter time to get that job, the majority will not and that too for a variety of reasons including the lack of Canadian experience. But that does not mean the end of everything, as there are ways to address it.

• The amount required at entry will not be sufficient if you choose to sit and wait for that dream job! It may meet your basic requirements and that too if you start on survival jobs as soon as you land. In the meantime you should volunteer, join a co-op program, upgrade, and network as much as possible. As correctly pointed by Cappuccino earlier, most jobs are through referrals!

• Living expenses vary between cities, and if you do have the option delay your settlement until you sufficiently build your finance to a tidy sum as was suggested by Cam1234. If you have a family, come in stages - the person who has the best chance of obtaining employment should come first.

• If English (or French) is not a language you are comfortable with, invest the time to improve your language skills before your move. Many an opportunity is lost for the lack of language skills.

• Do also keep yourselves updated of latest trends, before you land. While some employers, do provide training, most expect you to know your work – after all you received your residency as a skilled worker.

I believe that 5 months is definitely too short a time to come to a conclusion. I do hope that you do not give up on your dreams. If the lack funds is the main issue, I would suggest that you take time off to build it up again, and start your settlement process again at a later date but with a new vigour and perhaps taking some of the pointers suggested by your fellow forumers.

Best wishes.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Advance123 said:
Just got my MR etc today. "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world".
you are almost there my bro!
Congrats and just a little while to go.
There is hope for some of us left yet :)

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
Advance123 said:
Just got my MR etc today. "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world".
congrats....ur destination is near...best of luck...

bahar855

Feb 22, 2011
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Feb 2011, transferred to Ottawa in July 2012
AOR Received.
29 March 2011
IELTS Request
sent with Docs
Med's Request
July 15 ,2013 Doc requests: Sep 25,2013
Med's Done....
July 17,2013
Passport Req..
Jan 30, 2014
Canada 1 said:
Congratulations Xplorin82 !!!!!!!!!!

That is indeed good news,..,.
Canada 1;
Due to your timeline, you should be next one to receive MR among Buffalo applicants in this forum, let us know when you get it!
good luck

D

Deleted member 103187

Hi all,

I agree with what everyone has said so far in response to Vicky's comments.

Its funny because just last night I was with a couple of friends and the topic of discussion was how better each person had become in their respective careers. None of us even have the priviledge of a permanent resident visa (trust me its a big edge in Canda) but even with the temporarary visas we had we all worked hard and after as little as 2-3 years we have a lot to show for it. And this is not the case for just one person but a group of friends who work in very diverse fields but the common theme was that we were all doing a lot better than we were when we first arrived Canada.

Everybody's story will not be the same but hardwork and perseverance always pays off.

Dont give up guys and enjoy your easter holidays

Canada 1

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
Med's Request
04-25-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-29-2013
bahar855 said:
Canada 1;
Due to your timeline, you should be next one to receive MR among Buffalo applicants in this forum, let us know when you get it!
good luck
Thanks Bahar 855 will keep you posted