Landed,16 September 2012
Well said Advance123. +1 for you.

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaafqatz said:
Congrats Canadestin!! I think u are the forst one on this forum who was issued a supervisa for a parent. Congrats and have a nice journey with family and mom!!

abaweja

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
AOR Received.
February 2011
Med's Request
14 November 2011
Med's Done....
24 November 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 December 2011
LANDED..........
20 February 2012
BhaktiUjjwal said:
Great to know about your experience... Wishing you all the best for everything that you have to accomplish now! I have some questions for you related to landing... Will email you soon... Please do find time to reply... Thanks!

Best,

BhaktiUjjwal
Sure BhaktiUjjwal...
God Bless
Thank you
Regards
Arun

abaweja

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
AOR Received.
February 2011
Med's Request
14 November 2011
Med's Done....
24 November 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 December 2011
LANDED..........
20 February 2012
kittu said:
Hi Arun,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I would request you to inform about what all process you went through at the Indian Airport and what all the formalities are.

Thanks in advance.

Kittu
Hey Kittu,

How r u?

It was quit easy at the Indian Airport, went for the Checkin luggage at BA the allowed weight is 23kg x2 Per person

Then to the immigration officer who just asked me for the immigration papers & the passport quit easy it was, so didn't had any hickups there...

Then boarded the flight...

Let me know if anything else I can help you with...
God Bless
Take care
Regards,
Arun

abaweja

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
AOR Received.
February 2011
Med's Request
14 November 2011
Med's Done....
24 November 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 December 2011
LANDED..........
20 February 2012
geribubaboy said:
I wish you a happy life in Toronto, Canada.
Thank you geribubaboy...

God Bless,
Regards
Arun

abaweja

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
AOR Received.
February 2011
Med's Request
14 November 2011
Med's Done....
24 November 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 December 2011
LANDED..........
20 February 2012
AVSNEH said:
Arun bhai...

Its really nice.... Hearty Congratulations for your landing :) :)
Thanks for sharing yoru landing experiance and yes, yoru exp. with BA.... Actually I was planningto travel with BA as its a international airline, but now planning to fly with aapna JET.... heheheh....
Where are you staying?? have you taken any cell plan yet? pl be in touch ....
I have heard to create the bank a/c you need to show credit history or some ref proof ; is it right?? SIN card is important to create the bank a/c as per my info, it seems wrong as you are applying your SIn today but you created the a/c yesterday only...

I have heard that SIN takes 2 week again and PR card takes 30 to 45 working days.... what isyoru experiance ??

Anyways,
Enjoy your life at CANADA !!

TC :)
Hey Buddy,

How r u?

Didn't get any numbers yet went today to see all the plans, found Public Mobile giving better deals in International calling...
Staying at Scarborough, Toronto (Morningside)

No no buddy you can create the Scotia bank A/C from India itself, to activate it further you have to visit the bank branch with your SIN ...
For SIN it just takes less then 15 minutes if rush is there max 30min.. they give your SIN there itself you don't have to wait for it, yeah your SIN card takes 2 weeks to come...

This is what I have mentioned:-

(Today I went to apply for the SIN number which was at Towncentre Scarborough & to activate my A/C with the Scotia Bank which was at Steeles Avenue, so two of the work completed ... »Got my SIN number & A/C debit card (credit card would reach my address in few days time)...)

That means I went for my SIN first to Towncentre where I got my SIN & then to Steels Avenue for the Scotia A/C....
No credit history is required

Even for PR the immigration officer told me that it will take 2 weeks... Let's see

Surely would be in touch... Jet is a good option

God Bless

Take care
Regards
Arun

AVSNEH

Dec 11, 2010
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Send with Application
Nomination.....
Bank (BOI) : BD Charged 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 14-09-2011 10:53 AM (EDT)
IELTS Request
Send with Application (7.5 Band)
File Transfer...
RBVO: 5-10-2011 2nd AOR: 05-10-2011. (09-10-2011: 'In Process')
Med's Request
12-01-2012 by Lawyer, 13-01-2012 by me over E-mail
Med's Done....
14-01-2012 Sent by DMP: 24-01-2012 Med. Recv Line: 03-02-2012
Interview........
Waived..(by God's grace)
Passport Req..
13-01-2011 (DD/PP sent on 25th Feb'12)
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2012 (DM:7/7/12) (Got PP in Hand-11-07-2012)
LANDED..........
21-09-2012 [img]http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/holidays/canada-day/canadian-flag-small.png[/img]
Hey Dear...

Thanks for your info again !!

TC :)

and yes,..... Enjoy every bit of the Morning..... :)
abaweja said:
Hey Buddy,

How r u?

Didn't get any numbers yet went today to see all the plans, found Public Mobile giving better deals in International calling...
Staying at Scarborough, Toronto (Morningside)

No no buddy you can create the Scotia bank A/C from India itself, to activate it further you have to visit the bank branch with your SIN ...
For SIN it just takes less then 15 minutes if rush is there max 30min.. they give your SIN there itself you don't have to wait for it, yeah your SIN card takes 2 weeks to come...

This is what I have mentioned:-

(Today I went to apply for the SIN number which was at Towncentre Scarborough & to activate my A/C with the Scotia Bank which was at Steeles Avenue, so two of the work completed ... »Got my SIN number & A/C debit card (credit card would reach my address in few days time)...)

That means I went for my SIN first to Towncentre where I got my SIN & then to Steels Avenue for the Scotia A/C....
No credit history is required

Even for PR the immigration officer told me that it will take 2 weeks... Let's see

Surely would be in touch... Jet is a good option

God Bless

Take care
Regards
Arun

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
rupesh nayak said:
Hello Every one,

I thing no one member on this forum can congratulate me if i will get any good news in feature because all are very busy in their job in canada

Am i right ? because there is no any sign for my medical. still in process since 7 Dec :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Who will with me ?
Dear Rupesh! i think everybody is concerened about you and would be ready to help you anythime/from anywhere. as far as i am concerned, if i could of some help pls dont hesitate to send me a PM. And for those who have disappeared form the forum i really don't blame them coz i dont know what all is going on with their lives. lets not blame them for no reason.

Wish you luck always !! Cheer up :)
Sonir

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
08/03/11 (PER - from CIC)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Score 8 bands
File Transfer...
07/04/11 (AOR - from VO), RBVO 04/04/11; IP 02/12/11
Med's Request
06/02/12 (MR, RPRF, PCC & PPR)
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
Oops... sorry for creating a mess here... :p Well I had no intentions of blaming anyone or underestimating / disrespecting anyone's challenges out in the new set-up... I can only imagine that it IS taxing in every way to be settling into a completely different country and everything associated with it...

I think I should just clarify myself once so as to not create misunderstandings with my friends here... I commented so due to various reasons:

1. It was no allegation... Just an observation / feeling
2. I did not mean that people who are gone have to be constantly present here. It is just about sharing the important sides of the settling in in order to answer all those questions that we might have had before we settled... for those who have them NOW as they are still waiting to walk on our path or on their way!
3. Although I posted that in continuation to a congratulatory post... I did not mean that mere congratulating is what people struggling to settle there are expected to do amongst all their difficult settling endeavours...
4. I completely understand that the forum is afterall a 'forum' of strangers uniting for each other's good and bad... which is the best part of being associated here... but at the same time... many forum members turn into your 'new friends' rather than being just strangers... you start connecting and communicating with them through PMs, emails, phone calls, facebook... it is THESE people that I meant to refer to... From strangers, you always know where to stop expecting, with friends you don't!!! :(
5. Lastly I have had many experiences where people who were constantly in touch with me through chats, fb etc, completely forget to update / answer any small / big question that I have... That is what I put down as my observation... You ping them and get no answer for days... You ask them and you are given vague replies... But again, I am not blaming, I am just telling myself that I will take the best possible care when it's my turn ;D

Anyway, again, I never meant to accuse / underestimate our friends who are finding their ways in the new country... I am aware that I will soon be in the same boat too! :) Only thing is that from time-to-time, it will be good to give important updates to once-our-support-system here and answer queries to the best of our practical experiences...

Good luck to one and all... Best wishes for those there, those here! :D

map786

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum.

Here is my timeline:

Application filed Oct 2010
Medical + RPRF July 2011
Medical results received line added in ecas somewhere in Oct 2011
Still waiting for the 1st PPR
Address on ecas still missing

Whats going on with London Visa Office....?

I send them a case specific enquiry they told me that your file is waiting for visa officer review..

nokiadesire

Champion Member
Jun 5, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2012
satyasuman said:
Hi Nokia,

Schools.. I don't have info. I would look for some government websites and start with them.

Any one else with some info?

I will do some research and post some links for you. I hope you still have some time to take a decision on Toronto Vs Vancouver.

Thanks,
satya.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH SATYA :) :)

I do have enough time for my research as I am planning to land in May, so just wanted to do my full proof research well in advance before doing my tickets bookings .

Kummy29 said:
There is an excellent post by our captain Qorax about schooling in Canada.Pls. search for it. I am searching it too and will send it once i find it..
THANKS KUMMY :) :)

Regards
Nokiadesire

nokiadesire

Champion Member
Jun 5, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2012
abaweja said:
Hey guys,

«How r u all?

LANded yesterday Toronto at 18.00 was very excited, went to immigration counter they stamped my visa & sent me to the new immigration officer, the lady was nice asked me about the funda I am carrying which I was carrying in the form of cash, traveller`s cheque & scotia bank A/c statement, she told us that we will receive our PR in two weeks time...

Today I went to apply for the SIN number which was at Towncentre Scarborough & to activate my A/C with the Scotia Bank which was at Steeles Avenue, so two of the work completed ... »Got my SIN number & A/C debit card (credit card would reach my address in few days time)...

Started snowing also...

Yeah most important ..

I travelled though British Airways:-

1) Don`t buy liquor from Delhi Duty free I bought two Chivas Regal which was taken at London Airport by the security at heathrow because there were two options either to get it into the checkin bags which is a big problem due to time constraint because if you have 3 hour even that is less sometimes because of rush during security checks & above all the airport is so big that you have to travel though transit train which takes lot of time...

2) if you are food savy BA is not the right option tooo bad
flight got 3.5 hours delayed also because there was some technical problem with dumping waste of the washroom...

That`s what I went through a mixed experience.. not a gr8 experience with BA, served food very late give breakfast at around 8:15 in the morning & the next meal at 16:15...

But landing here was a truly a different feeling all together...

Take care guys

God Bless all

Regards,
Arun
Hey Arun,

Nice to see you landed safely :)
Thanks for sharing your landing as well as travel experience. Will keep in mind about BA ;) as I was also planning to travel by that Airline :p

All the best for settling down soon and wish you a very good life in Canada !!

Regards
Nokiadesire