Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Good Info and very much true..salaries in SK are much higher than Ontario... in some cases people seem to be giving double of toronto salaries:)

dreaming_yyz said:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/saskatoon-bound-newcomers-lead-westward-shift/article2278741/

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
I can give you my facts and you can decide for yourself:

In my case, I sent my wife's renewed passport (with a changed name and bunch of other updated forms -- so more info for them to process) and got the visa in 2 months (Passports reached ND VO on Oct. 12th and the visas were stamped on Dec. 12th)

Went 'In Process' on Aug. 31st and did my medicals on Sept. 30th (So a 2.5 weeks delay on my side as I recd the physical MR+PPR+RPRF+PCC request on Sept. 13th). RPRF+PPR+PCCs reached ND VO on Oct. 12th. RPRF encashed on Oct. 21st and MR line added on Oct. 23rd.

Paramvir said:
I might be jumping to a conclusion too soon but it seems that applicants who've been through an interview (telephonic or physical) had to face longer timeline from inprocess to getting Visa.

What say?

Param

smiler 11

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
.22/02/2011....
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
.....28/03/2011 approx
Med's Request
.....13/10/2011
Med's Done....
......02/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
30/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asap ;0)
Congratulations Jason and everyone else who received good news :D

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
mitali said:
Hi Satya,

You are correct in saying that Meds ARE DEFINITELY waived for applicants moving from developed countries like US, if their stay has been over a year. I am a 100% sure of this because I had specifically asked for Meds and was informed that its not required as I had been living in US for more than a year. It seems one year is time enough to quarantine communicable diseases...esp TB. Also, if working in US, one has to clear Meds which includes Testing for TB; I am not sure about Syphilis testing, if its done with or without consent. I would have remembered if there was any testing for Syphilis.....so this was not tested.

However, the situation is different for PR applicants living in Canada. If one is a TFW, then the stay of that person is limited but in case of PR the stay is PERMANENT and thus CIC would want to be sure if the applicant is bringing any Medical burdens (including specific Syphilis) to Canada...and also maintain a record of such cases.

Entemaria, was on WP for over a year and he was asked for Meds....so yes! Meds will not be waived for applicants living in Canada.

Mitali
Good to know. Thanks mitali.

Thanks,
satya.

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JasonBourne said:
Got back the stamped passports with CPR docs. I don't know why but it doesn't seem so exciting after actually receiving the visas. May be coz I came to know about it when I was in middle of a really important work related full-day presentation so I didn't had time to really relish it. May be I will relish it more when I actually land.

It took them 421 days. The ECAS still shows the status as 'In Process' !!!. The visa expires in late Sept'12. No immediate plans of landing. May be around mid-2012. Surely planning to attend a CIIP session before landing.

Good luck to all those awaiting.

Thanks to all those who helped me throught out. Just to name few prominent ones : Mitali, Indira, Anil Rao, Rohan, SatishMan, Barkat, victor.shareen, Zeddm and Moabbassi.

May be, when I get time, I will share my entire experience (whatever that I remember !!!) right from the initial days of preparing the application till the finish line.
Congrats!

nokiadesire

Champion Member
Jun 5, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2012
rayon_joy said:
My dear forum members
I have received the MR, RPRF and passport request by email

CONGRATS RAYON 8) 8) 8)

Great News Indeed !!!

Stay fit for the medicals & ALL THE BEST !!!

Regards
Nokiadesire

nokiadesire

Champion Member
Jun 5, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2012
canadestin said:
wherez Nokia Today?
Hey Canadestin,

Here right now....sorry to be missing today.....had a hectic day at work

nokiadesire

Champion Member
Jun 5, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2012
JasonBourne said:
Got back the stamped passports with CPR docs. I don't know why but it doesn't seem so exciting after actually receiving the visas. May be coz I came to know about it when I was in middle of a really important work related full-day presentation so I didn't had time to really relish it. May be I will relish it more when I actually land.

It took them 421 days. The ECAS still shows the status as 'In Process' !!!. The visa expires in late Sept'12. No immediate plans of landing. May be around mid-2012. Surely planning to attend a CIIP session before landing.

Good luck to all those awaiting.

Thanks to all those who helped me throught out. Just to name few prominent ones : Mitali, Indira, Anil Rao, Rohan, SatishMan, Barkat, victor.shareen, Zeddm and Moabbassi.

May be, when I get time, I will share my entire experience (whatever that I remember !!!) right from the initial days of preparing the application till the finish line.
CONGRATS JASONBOURNE 8) 8)

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE IN CANADA !!!

Regards
Nokiadesire

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
mitali said:
Hi Satya,

You are correct in saying that Meds ARE DEFINITELY waived for applicants moving from developed countries like US, if their stay has been over a year. I am a 100% sure of this because I had specifically asked for Meds and was informed that its not required as I had been living in US for more than a year. It seems one year is time enough to quarantine communicable diseases...esp TB. Also, if working in US, one has to clear Meds which includes Testing for TB; I am not sure about Syphilis testing, if its done with or without consent. I would have remembered if there was any testing for Syphilis.....so this was not tested.

However, the situation is different for PR applicants living in Canada. If one is a TFW, then the stay of that person is limited but in case of PR the stay is PERMANENT and thus CIC would want to be sure if the applicant is bringing any Medical burdens (including specific Syphilis) to Canada...and also maintain a record of such cases.

Entemaria, was on WP for over a year and he was asked for Meds....so yes! Meds will not be waived for applicants living in Canada.

Mitali
I have 2 friends, They have been in Canada since 3 years ago and they received medical request. Medical will not be waived.

Mari

nokiadesire

Champion Member
Jun 5, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2012
canadestin said:
Is there any more news apart from rayon and jason ??

Rayon got his medicals/passports/ PR fee request in 278 days from application received.
Sachin in 237 days
Ghani 235 days
Hariranjith in 312 days
Moabbasi in 271 days.

....today I completed 237 days..................How many more days for me to wait ??????