Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
actungbabyk said:
Hi all seniors,

I have taken demand draft to pay the RPRF in favour of receiver general for canada. Is it ok or should i take one in the favour of canadian high commission.

I am confused. Please advice

Thanks
Receiver General for Canada is perfectly fine.

mycan

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
amiuppal said:
hello yawanika
I have one question
on my COPR my place of birth is not spelled completely ...the last two letters are missing ..do I need to contact ndvo regarding this or not ?

kindly help
I would appreciate other members comments also if anyone knows about it
thanks

COPR is very important document till you get Citizenship and further.
Please get is corrected ASAP before landing.
mycan

C

Cam1234

mitali said:
No problems at all Cam! Just wondering...if you want to move to Vancouver....why not give a Vancouver address instead of Toronto?
My family lives on the East Coast of US, we have not made our mind where to settle, so we were thinking to drive up to Toronto, through Buffalo, and then fly to Vancouver. There is a tremendous amount of information on both places, but nothing replaces your own eyes. ;)

Cam

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
Hi Folks,

Is it worth ordering CAIPS notes? I am sick of beign stuck at RBVO. If i remember correct some Buffalo applicants have already ordered their CAIPS, and they were almost blank.

So considering all that, do you think that I should order CAIPS or not?

Thanks

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
My family lives on the East Coast of US, we have not made our mind where to settle, so we were thinking to drive up to Toronto, through Buffalo, and then fly to Vancouver. There is a tremendous amount of information on both places, but nothing replaces your own eyes. ;)

Cam
Yes, thats perfectly fine....you can have your POE as Toronto and the PR cards can still be delivered at a Vancouver address....nothing wrong in that.

Mitali

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Yes, thats perfectly fine....you can have your POE as Toronto and the PR cards can still be delivered at a Vancouver address....nothing wrong in that.

Mitali
Agree...

OMM

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's true many of pre-june 2010 applicant get blank CAIPS (Anumatri our forum member within a 1year ordered 2 caips notes all blanks, but today his E-case status changed to "Reviewed" insted of pending review by visa office and his file still at buffalo).
even I ordered caips note before almost blank (but BFD date was there now my file is transfered to LA VO).
you can try get your caips note might be it's help you to know atleast BFD date on it (if it's not blank).
at this stage CAIPS note is not must or helpfull much more, if VO rejected or call for interview than order CAIPS note to know why VO reject it or why VO call for interview! caips note have all comments by VO if VO call for interview/reject application.
Best Luck

OMM

Maani1985 said:
Hi Folks,

Is it worth ordering CAIPS notes? I am sick of beign stuck at RBVO. If i remember correct some Buffalo applicants have already ordered their CAIPS, and they were almost blank.

Thanks

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
CanadaJimmy said:
Thanks for the kind words again everyone, really appreciate your support Mari, Cam1234, 9jCanada, Vickoria and anyone else I missed. You guys always bring a smile to my face with your encouraging words :)

Agreed! I also need to ask Neil where he did his medicals :p
Congrats CanadaJimmy. Finally some good news from Buffalo! Did you get your MR request via email or regular mail? Also, did it come after any enquiry or email to Buffalo from you?

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Omm,

I don't think caips for pre and post june applicants are the same (you are talking about pre june applicants for sure). I am a post june applicant and I received my CAIPS from Buffalo a month ago. They where plain blank and there is no bring forward date anymore (i think everyone post june from buffalo would agree). They only place a file due date which is one year from PER.

Hope this helps Mani too

Rod

omm said:
that's true many of pre-june 2010 applicant get blank CAIPS (Anumatri our forum member within a 1year ordered 2 caips notes all blanks, but today his E-case status changed to "Reviewed" insted of pending review by visa office and his file still at buffalo).
even I ordered caips note before almost blank (but BFD date was there now my file is transfered to LA VO).
you can try get your caips note might be it's help you to know atleast BFD date on it (if it's not blank).
at this stage CAIPS note is not must or helpfull much more, if VO rejected or call for interview than order CAIPS note to know why VO reject it or why VO call for interview! caips note have all comments by VO if VO call for interview/reject application.
Best Luck

OMM

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Don't order them there is no useful information on them. Not even a Bring Forward Date. The only day you will see is that your case is due a year from your PER

Sorry but its what people have been getting, including myself

Rod

Maani1985 said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
mitali said:
Hi Cam,

I am not quite sure if you could give a UPS Post box number....are you sure? I will have to check.

Yes, you can move anywhere you want after you get your cards.

Mitali
mitali, you are wrong, you cannot give post box no for PR CARD
after landing you can move to any province other then quebec.
cheers

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Cam1234 said:

Cam
be in touch. send me PM. i will also be landing in vancouver.together we will succeed in british columbia.
badshah bhai

rupesh nayak

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2011
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2013 Medical result recieved line add in status on 27-12-2013
Passport Req..
18-01-2014 Submitted to NDVO 06-02-2014 Recieved by NDVO 07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 recieved passport on 22-02-2014
canadestin said:
then better u send the PCC which u have along with PP..and apply PCC thru c commissioner ate office....C.O doesnt ask for original PP....copies will do...U can send the acknowledgement as proof.(applied for fresh PCC)....U can explain in letter that ur sending PCC ...and later will send fresh PCC.....dont worry.

Above all its better first U checK P.O AND C.O regarding processing time for PCC.

I was talk with commissioner office regards my new pcc, which was already expire, then they told me that if visa office require for new pcc then and then only you will come we will issue new pcc within short period. they also told that it's not a big issue for releasing new pcc we will do in short time.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Badshah bhai said:
mitali, you are wrong, you cannot give post box no for PR CARD
after landing you can move to any province other then quebec.
cheers
mitali said:
Hi Cam,

I am not quite sure if you could give a UPS Post box number....are you sure? I will have to check.

Yes, you can move anywhere you want after you get your cards.

Mitali

Hi badshah bhai,

If you check my previous post, you would see that I was not sure if PO number could be given for PR card delivery; but Cam1234 is confident about the possibility of using a UPS PO box.

I assumed that members would know that one could land anywhere (Province) except Quebec......thats my unintentional mistake. :(

Mitali