Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
sonu_rp said:
Hi to All,

Please take care in making the DD in INR, I came to know that one my frn issued the DD in INR based on the new fees structure. However, due to the currency fluctuation (CAD & INR rates) NDVO has asked him to pay the difference.

So please take care before making any DD in INR.
Hi Sonu,

It is a shocking piece of information, as CIC always updates the website in advance before any hike as they did for 7th November hike in RPRF.

Can you please ask your friend to share the contents of the letter. As it is unbelievable that the immigration section of a country that too like Canada can be so irresponsible to not update such important information in advance and then ask applicants to pay the difference.

Regards,
Param

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonu_rp said:
Hi,

As per the NDVO website for one person 22540 INR, they asked approx.1100 INR (Dont know the perfect amount) as difference due to currency fluctuation.

I prefer to send the DD in CAD to avoid any delay.

Regards,
n wat if the currency fluctuate by the time he send the difference amount?....he need to pay again?... i dont think so......keeping the fluctuation in mind the fee amount in INR is fixed for certain period......

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
sonu_rp said:
Hi,

As per the NDVO website for one person 22540 INR, they asked approx.1100 INR (Dont know the perfect amount) as difference due to currency fluctuation.

I prefer to send the DD in CAD to avoid any delay.

Regards,
RPRF can not be made in C$ if you are paying it in country outside Canada.

The RPRF DD is supposed to be payable at local CHC of the country, so it has to be in the country's local currency. Example- If the DD is payable at " New Delhi " it has to be made in Rupees or else it can't be cashed by any bank.

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paramvir said:
RPRF can not be made in C$ if you are paying it in country outside Canada.

The RPRF DD is supposed to be payable at local CHC of the country, so it has to be in the country's local currency. Example- If the DD is payable at " New Delhi " it has to be made in Rupees or else it can't be cashed by any bank.
do we have to send previous/expired passports for Visa stamping?......did NDVO asked anyone for previous passports?

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Paramvir said:
A special day (3rd Dec) is coming to end..... Its my son's b'day and Our wedding anniversary..... Dual Celebrations still going on.. !!! I am soooo tired !!!!!
Viktoria said:
Hide your computer, this post does not see your wife. ;) You'll be in big trouble!! :D :D
mitali said:
Please do convey Birthday wishes to your son.....and Best wishes to your Better half (Always! ) :) :) :)

I agree with Victoria......you will be in deep trouble Param.....take COVER :) :)

Mitali
:p
:p

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
canadestin said:
n wat if the currency fluctuate by the time he send the difference amount?....he need to pay again?... i dont think so......keeping the fluctuation in mind the fee amount in INR is fixed for certain period......
Any payments to be made in country's local currency was hiked for "all payments to be made after 7th November".

Source:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/pr_fees-frais_rp.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

It was clearly mentioned on the website. Also, CHC clearly mentions on the letter they send for RPRF that "applicant would be liable for any price changes made in the interim".

mayankpt

Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 nov 2011
AOR Received.
PER 3 FEB 2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
21 feb 2012
Med's Request
29 march 2012
Med's Done....
9 april 2012, Medicals sent on 10 april
Passport Req..
29 March,2012
Paramvir said:
A special day (3rd Dec) is coming to end..... Its my son's b'day and Our wedding anniversary..... Dual Celebrations still going on.. !!! I am soooo tired !!!!!
oh..thats great..
it was our wedding anniversary too param :)...
belated happy marriage anniversary to both of you dear..
and belated happy bday to ur son....
mayank

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
canadestin said:
do we have to send previous/expired passports for Visa stamping?......did NDVO asked anyone for previous passports?
Hi Canadestin,

No, they don't ask for expired passport during stamping.

Copies of expired or filled passports have to be sent with initial application to CIC.

Regards,
Param

sonu_rp

Feb 17, 2011
canadestin said:
Yes NDVO asked me the My valid and Old Passport both. So its better to send both passport.

Regards,

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
sonu_rp said:
Yes NDVO asked me the My valid and Old Passport both. So its better to send both passport.

Regards,
Hi Sonu,

Did you send copies of both new and old PP during initial application?

Regards,
Param

sonu_rp

Feb 17, 2011
Paramvir said:
Hi Sonu,

It is a shocking piece of information, as CIC always updates the website in advance before any hike as they did for 7th November hike in RPRF.

Can you please ask your friend to share the contents of the letter. As it is unbelievable that the immigration section of a country that too like Canada can be so irresponsible to not update such important information in advance and then ask applicants to pay the difference.

Regards,
Param
Hi Param,

Even it is shocking for me. I was planning to make DD in few days, but now even i have to double cross check before issuing it.

If i get any further information from him, i will post it here for all our members.

Regards,

Sonu

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Paramvir said:
Any payments to be made in country's local currency was hiked for "all payments to be made after 7th November".

Source:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/pr_fees-frais_rp.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

It was clearly mentioned on the website. Also, CHC clearly mentions on the letter they send for RPRF that "applicant would be liable for any price changes made in the interim".
Sonu,

Please check the link in above post.

The letter i got from CIC mentioned Rs21440 to be paid per person as RPRF but it also indicated clearly that the prices are not final and subject to change without prior notice.

After looking into website, I paid Rs 22540 as mentioned on website and the DD was cashed on 2nd December.

Regards,
Param

sonu_rp

Feb 17, 2011
Paramvir said:
Hehe ,, I was not asked for my expired PP....

Regards,
Param
As I am staying out side India, they want to double check my Visa & Travel History on the passport.

Regards,

Sonu