Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with the app. 6.5 band
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Landed 2011
Hey avi,
I just received FBI certificate today. Search completed was in Sep 3 2011 (FBI working on Saturday!?), 5 days after my CC charged in Aug 29. Released date of certificate was Sep 16. They were waiting for exactly full 8 week completed before sending it out in Sep 19. So I think you should wait 8 weeks before FBI certificate can reach you.

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Cappuccino said:
Hi guys quick question to anyone who has LANDED:

Is anyone able to access ECAS? We cannot access it at all since landing. Expected it to be accessable and say "COMPLETED" once they updated it.

Wayne.
Hi Wayne,

I have a same question. In the past, people who have landed were able to see the date of landing on ECAS. I landed on sept 16 and tried checking but ECAS stated that no record is available. I thought may be its not in the system yet. I would suggest you trying checking using COPR number rather than file number. Will let you know if i get to know something.

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
pradeepkumar_v said:
Hey johnyusa,

Congradulations!. Welcome to Canada!.

I think for pr card you can call CIC call center and they would be able to tell something. Give it a try.

Thanks,

Pradeep
Thanks Pradeep. I wanted to know when PR card could be expected so that i can book the tickets to india and bring my stuff. Anyway, whats the status of your case? Are you in Canada or US?

WatchAndWait

Sep 21, 2011
Hi Folks,
I am new to this forum. So I had a couple of questions for the experts here.

I sent my application to CIC and they received the application on Sept 21, 2010.
I finally got an email from CIC on January 24, 2011 saying that they were sending my application to Buffalo. Is this the AOR that everyone keeps referring to?

Since then I have not received any emails or correspondence from anyone. I have sent 2 inquiries to the Buffalo Visa office, but no reply.

Is this normal? Is there anyone here with similar timelines and only one response back for a similar timeline?

Oh and I check the Online tracking system a lot and it keeps saying "Received By Visa Office". I remember 4 -5 months ago, it had said "In Process", but that went away.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Hey,

Yes Buffalo is extremely slow. See my timelines on left. There is also a spreadsheet below my signature. Your timeline is in line with other applicants.

Regards,
Rod

WatchAndWait said:
Hi Folks,

I sent my application to CIC and they received the application on Sept 21, 2010.
I finally got an email from CIC on January 24, 2011 saying that they were sending my application to Buffalo. Is this the AOR that everyone keeps referring to?

Since then I have not received any emails or correspondence from anyone. I have sent 2 inquiries to the Buffalo Visa office, but no reply.

Is this normal? Is there anyone here with similar timelines and only one response back for a similar timeline?

Oh and I check the Online tracking system a lot and it keeps saying "Received By Visa Office". I remember 4 -5 months ago, it had said "In Process", but that went away.

WatchAndWait

Sep 21, 2011
Hi Rod,
Thanks for your quick reply. What does "Doc's Request" mean on your signature?

thebeast184 said:
Hey,

Yes Buffalo is extremely slow. See my timelines on left. There is also a spreadsheet below my signature. Your timeline is in line with other applicants.

Regards,
Rod

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
It depends on the person. Sometimes the request updated forms, fingerprints etc...
Rod

lucky13

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/2014
LANDED..........
03/2014
WatchAndWait said:
Hi Folks,

The Email you got was your PER (Positive eligibility review Completed from Nova Scotia)

vnreddy12

Sep 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent along with application
CONGRATS,I JOINED THIS GROUP RECENTLY.IAM PLANNING TO APPLY FOR NOC CODE 3131 IF THE CAP IS STILL WITHIN THE LIMIT I WILL GO AHEAD IF NOT I WILL CONTINUE TO APPLY NEXT YEAR.PLEASE ADVISE

pradeepkumar_v

May 30, 2008
East York, ON., Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2174 - Programmer Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-08-16
AOR Received.
2010-12-06
Med's Request
2011-07-11
Med's Done....
2011-07-26
Passport Req..
2011-09-22
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-11
LANDED..........
2011-10-11
I see mine already said medicals received in e-cas, now waiting to hear for ppr.

By my gods grace I hear soon!.

Thanks,

Pradeep

johnyusa said:
Thanks Pradeep. I wanted to know when PR card could be expected so that i can book the tickets to india and bring my stuff. Anyway, whats the status of your case? Are you in Canada or US?

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
In exactly one month it will be a year since my application was received by CIO. I have not heard anything from Buffalo since my file was forwarded to them last February. My address disappeared from ECAS last month but it still says received by visa office. I requested CAIPS notes but they said they need more time to get information on my file; it's been two months now. Finally, I emailed Buffalo last week and they responded saying that my application is in process and they cannot tell me when a decision will be made. I am praying for a medical request as it will be a ray of hope that we're getting closer. Looking at the timelines of other post June 26 Buffalo applicants the medical request should have been here by now. I am not sure what to do other than wait however seeing how my friends who applied under CEC are getting their PR in record time, I am considering applying under CEC next month if I don't hear from Buffalo. One year with no word is too much.

C

Cam1234

mahek286 said:
In exactly one month it will be a year since my application was received by CIO. I have not heard anything from Buffalo since my file was forwarded to them last February. My address disappeared from ECAS last month but it still says received by visa office. I requested CAIPS notes but they said they need more time to get information on my file; it's been two months now. Finally, I emailed Buffalo last week and they responded saying that my application is in process and they cannot tell me when a decision will be made. I am praying for a medical request as it will be a ray of hope that we're getting closer. Looking at the timelines of other post June 26 Buffalo applicants the medical request should have been here by now. I am not sure what to do other than wait however seeing how my friends who applied under CEC are getting their PR in record time, I am considering applying under CEC next month if I don't hear from Buffalo. One year with no word is too much.
Mahek:
I applied over a month before you did, had my one year anniversary last week, and am still in RBVO... and there are people who have applied before me who are still in RBVO... unfortunately patience is the only remedy right now.
Cam

C

Cam1234

We are all wondering what the VOs are up to and why they take so long processing our applications. Below are some interesting numbers I found online. Not sure if everything is accurate or up to date, but here it goes.

-As of December 2010, 335,000 people were in the pre-February 28, 2008 FSW backlog. What is called "pre-C50 applications"

-As of December 2010, there were approximately 165,000 people in the MI1 (cases received between Feb 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010) inventory.

-It is estimated that currently there are approximately 8,000 people in the MI2 (cases received on or after June 26, 2010) inventory.

-About 6000 new FSW applications are expected in 2011.

-Put all of this together and there are 514,000 FSW applicants waiting desperately to get their PR visa to Canada.

-48,821 FSW applicants received their PR visa in 2010 by Canada Immigration, 5 year average is 43,665.

-If they stopped accepting applications today, it would take 10.5 years to clear all the backlog. 514,000 / 48,821 = 10.5 years

And this is only FSW applications, every VO has to deal with a number of other applications, such as entrepreneurs, investors, refugees, etc. Having said that, I believe it is a miracle for those lucky few on this forum who have already received their visas... and for the rest of us, when you put things in perspective, a lot more patience is needed... but it will happen, our day will come 8)

Cam

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Choosing Hotel in Canada made easier for first time travelers

http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/choosing-hotel-canada-made-easier-first-time-travelers-16867.html

I hope this will be help full to those who are planing to land soon.

Regards
Mayank

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
sonir said:
Rupesh, now i feel two more months will go like this :'(
Guys...remember this post ?