VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
What was the inquiry ?

Regards
Mayank

pandey.ved said:
it is via courior...and i replied via govt postal service..i got enquiry in june and replied on july mid and now address disappread....got it?

pandey.ved

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with app
AOR Received.
24-03-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
Med's Request
23-5-2012
Med's Done....
23-6-2012
Interview........
no interview.....
VISA ISSUED...
July 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012
mayankpandya said:
What was the inquiry ?

Regards
Mayank
it was employment tenure in 2 companies i worked ...

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pandey.ved said:
it was employment tenure in 2 companies i worked ...
if ur address reappears with status changed to IN PROCESS then hopefully u can expct MR.

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pandey.ved said:
it is via courior...and i replied via govt postal service..i got enquiry in june and replied on july mid and now address disappread....got it?
ur NOC Code?

raho61

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
Jan 2011
IELTS Request
sent with doc
File Transfer...
March 2011
Med's Request
16-06-2011
Med's Done....
16-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
MID 2012
chinsan said:
:D ;D Received PPR today. Going to submit the passports in person at the Sydney Visa Office on Monday.

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions by the members in this forum.......
andreagail999 said:
Dear friends,

I am so glad , I received medical request today :):)

Cheers

Congratulations to chinsan and andreagail999

royalman

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
mitali said:
Sonir, you are quite right; moreover, the departments for processing PR and student visa are entirely different and probably should be handled by Experts in the respective fields, unless there is an "Extreme shortage" of Visa officers in the PR dept.

Mitali
Dear Mitali,
I beg to differ. Department for student visa would have received a large number of applications which need to be finalised latest by mid August that most visa officers would have been deputed to student visa work. After this rush is over, hopefully in another week, visa officers might take a well deserved couple of day's break before starting work on their respective work stations.
Since student visa are applied mainly during this period and a few of them during the next half year, it would be highly inefficient to have a seperate team of visa officers to decide on student visas. They will work for 2 months and warm the chairs for rest of the year ! I believe there would be one or two regular visa officers for students, helped by rest of the visa officers at the time of need. I am a second time applicant. I firs applied in 2004 and since then I have been observing this lull during July-Aug and around christmas and new year.
Hope they start working on our files soon.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royalman said:
Dear Mitali,
I beg to differ. After this rush is over, hopefully in another week, visa officers might take a well deserved couple of day's break before starting work on their respective work stations.
I firs applied in 2004 and since then I have been observing this lull during July-Aug and around christmas and new year.
Hope they start working on our files soon.
Dear royalman,

I really hope they start working on our files soon.

Your opinion regarding the lull in the processing of PR application during Jul-Aug and Christmas/New year is logical in the sense that student visa gets priority during these times and vacation takes priority during the year end; and VO are shifted to cater student visas and since you are observing the pattern for a longer period than I am, you must be correct in your observation.

But my question is - Why approx 3 crucial months be snatched away from PR applicants? This is not included in the processing times of PR applicants nor have they mentioned anywhere that there is a "Seasonal period" for applying for PR. If they must give priority to student visas which in fact is seasonal then they should be prepared to deploy more VO from some other department and not take away VO's from PR dept. This happens every year without fail to stress out applicants without any clarifications. Why don't they post on the website that Student visa are being given priority and PR applicants need not worry during this time?

Sorry about the rant...you and I can do nothing about it....I know that. Look at the number of people on the Forum losing hope, worried, frantic ...oh my list adjectives can go on and on. It is indeed frustrating.

BTW, I used to think just like you a year back....

Re: <<<<<<<APRIL 2010 Applicants >>>>>>>
« Reply #4081 on: August 29, 2010, 02:35:27 am »
@ Aznieta, sunnysport, sadika and Sachin and everybody who's wondering about the delay in processing of applications:

Its just my thought that the delay in processing maybe due to the fact that this is high season for Student visas and maybe the Immigration is handling them as priority as the academic session would begin in September.

Once they are out of the way then CIC can deal with applications faster.

Mitali

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
9jcanada said:
We also contacted them several times via email and fax with no response. We then sent them a writte query by post, we got response by email within 2 days.

Hope this helps.

9j
We also sent the change of address by fax, e-mail and snail mail and did not receive any acknowledgement at all from London!
Their inconsistency is truly baffling and annoying!

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
queencougar said:
We also sent the change of address by fax, e-mail and snail mail and did not receive any acknowledgement at all from London!
Their inconsistency is truly baffling and annoying!
If you sent the request by snail mail, it will most likely be effected. I doubt if they respond to fax and email any longer.

Has your address changed on ecas? To be sure, you may want to put a redirect from your old address.

9j

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
9jcanada said:
If you sent the request by snail mail, it will most likely be effected. I doubt if they respond to fax and email any longer.

Has your address changed on ecas? To be sure, you may want to put a redirect from your old address.

9j
The change of address happened on ECAS several weeks after we sent the notifications, but we didn't get an acknowledgement like you did. Also when we checked with CIO, they said it was probably actioned at London but it wouldn't show on ECAS as the VOs do not update ECAS.
Just to be safe, we have had the mail redirected since my husband moved to our new home. ;D

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://canadianimmigrant.ca/news-and-views/immigration-to-canada-drops-by-25-per-cent/

Canada let 25 per cent fewer immigrants into the country in the first quarter of this year compared to the same period in 2010, raising concerns the Conservative government is embarking on a bold plan to restrict the country's immigration levels.

The number of permanent resident visas issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada between January and March fell from 84,083 in 2010 to 63,224 this year, according to figures obtained by the Star.

The latest department numbers show a decline across the board, with visas for skilled workers down 28 per cent, family-sponsored relatives down 14 per cent, and refugees dropping by 25 per cent.

The significant drop in visas comes on the eve of public consultations Immigration Minister Jason Kenney is holding on the country's immigration levels and classes of people that should be allowed in. The first meeting was held in Calgary last week, and another is scheduled in Toronto Wednesday.

“It's a very sharp decline,” said Myer Siemiatycki, professor of politics and public administration at Ryerson University, referring to the visas granted. “It begs the question: What is going on here?

“Has the government decided on the outset that they want fewer admissions? Is the tap being closed tighter?”

In the months leading up to the May 2 federal election, the Conservatives touted 2010 as a banner year in immigration, welcoming 280,000 permanent residents, the highest in 50 years. In 2009, approximately 265,000 immigrants were granted permanent status.

Commenting on this year's quarterly figures, immigration officials say it is unfair to use the 2010 numbers as a benchmark since it was a record year in granting permanent visas.

“The department is confident that irrespective of lower visas/authorizations issuance and admissions in the first quarter, it will meet its annual target of visas,” immigration spokesperson Nancy Caron wrote in an email to the Star.

Over the last 15 years, Canada's annual immigration levels have remained around 250,000, about 0.8 per cent of the population.

The Conservative government has announced it intends slashing $4 billion in annual spending from the federal budget, raising fears of further cuts to the immigration system. More than $50 million was slashed this year in settlement services.

“The success (of immigration) is determined by the resources. This government has been cutting resources and a number of provinces have,” said New Democrat immigration critic Don Davies.

“In turn, it is going to put pressure on the number of immigrants we can appropriately absorb.”

Immigration lawyers say fewer permanent visas could mean bigger backlogs, especially for family sponsorships where there is no cap on applications like there is for skilled workers and investors.

“The real problem with backlogs are the parents . . . The math says people will die before seeing a visa,” said immigration lawyer and analyst Richard Kurland. “That is the major challenge to Canada's immigration system today.”

Immigration lawyer Mario Bellissimo said he would not be surprised if the minister brings in a new law to cap family sponsorship applications. Since 2006, the number of visas for sponsored relatives and refugees has declined, while visas for workers have steadily increased.

“The (immigration) minister has the authority to decide who can come to Canada,” he said. “If we get more applications than we can process, we're going to return them.”

Since 2008, the federal government has made numerous changes to its immigration program in an effort to eliminate backlogs and process applications in a more timely fashion. It counts on capping the number of immigration applications it accepts for processing.

A department backgrounder for the upcoming consultations, which are by invitation only, suggests while increasing immigration may be one way to solve the growing demand, “there are clearly a number of pressures that make trade-offs inevitable.”

With an aging population, “immigration levels will need to be raised to 350,000 annually to support Canada's economic growth,” said Anne Golden, president and CEO of the Conference Board of Canada.

Ernst & Young business immigration lawyer Batia Stein said the biggest percentage drop in early 2011 comes in the federal skilled worker and Canada experience programs, which are designed to usher in immigrants most likely to succeed in the job market.

“If our goal is to attract global talent and combat our aging population, there's some room there to do that,” she said.

Ryerson's Siemiatycki said Canada has a capacity to take in as many as 450,000 immigrants a year by including the 200,000 temporary foreign workers that it lets in to fill labour market needs on a perennial basis.

According to the government's consultation backgrounder, Canada would have to increase immigration to nearly 4 per cent of the population to stabilize its “old-age dependency ratio.”

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
I have just noticed that our address has disappeared from ECAS. Does this really mean that something is happening?
We went IN PROCESS on the 26th July, so it seems soon for anything else to come but I won't complain if it does. ;D

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queencougar said:
I have just noticed that our address has disappeared from ECAS. Does this really mean that something is happening?
We went IN PROCESS on the 26th July, so it seems soon for anything else to come but I won't complain if it does. ;D
Hi queencougar,

I am sure you will be happy to get your MR....and may you get it with this disappearance of address.

Mitali

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
mitali said:
Hi queencougar,

I am sure you will be happy to get your MR....and may you get it with this disappearance of address.

Mitali
Thanks, Mitali.
It looks like there is only you and I awake in the whole world tonight! ;)

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queencougar said:
Thanks, Mitali.
It looks like there is only you and I awake in the whole world tonight! ;)
Hehehe .....sleep tight will all your dreams in your eyes....MR is on your way.

Mitali