Fingerprint Scan 1st Sep 2011
Med's Request
20 Oct 2011
Med's Done....
08 Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20 Oct 2011, sent on : 9 Nov 2011 RPRF encased:- 16 Nov 2011 Med received: 3 Dec 2011 : DM 12 Apr 2012: Landed: 9 May 2012
Cappuccino said:
Hi. I explicitly remember reading somewhere on the CIC website or in their manual "Do not land if you are pregnant". Regrettably I cannot remember exactly where I read it.

The point is that if you are pregnant then you only have 2 visas but there are in fact 3 of you (albeit one unborn!) so I don't think they can allow you to complete the record without sorting the residency out for the baby. And an unborn child can't become a resident of Canada.

A decision has been made on your application when you are issued the visa, however, you are not a permanent resident until you complete your record of landing.

Please seek advice from others, and also from CHC themselves, but I am 90% sure you cannot complete your recording of landing if your wife is pregnant, you must wait until the baby is born and then add the child onto your application. If you had landed before becoming pregnant then you would already be permanent residents and would therefore look to sponsor your child.

So basically
1) If you complete your record of landing, then become pregnant, if the child is born outside Canada you need to apply to sponsor your child.
2) If you complete your record of landing, then become pregnant and the child is born in Canada, he/she will be a Canadian citizen and will not require sponsorship.
3) If you become pregnant BEFORE landing then the child needs to be added onto your residency application and will require forms + a medical for the baby.

Erm, I think that's right anyway :) Can anyone else confirm?

Wayne.
I will get back on this topic in the evening (busy in office).

I have some more info to share since both my children were born in canada (both me and wife are not canadian citizen or PR).

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Cappuccino said:
Hi. I explicitly remember reading somewhere on the CIC website or in their manual "Do not land if you are pregnant". Regrettably I cannot remember exactly where I read it.
The point is that if you are pregnant then you only have 2 visas but there are in fact 3 of you (albeit one unborn!) so I don't think they can allow you to complete the record without sorting the residency out for the baby. And an unborn child can't become a resident of Canada.
A decision has been made on your application when you are issued the visa, however, you are not a permanent resident until you complete your record of landing.
Please seek advice from others, and also from CHC themselves, but I am 90% sure you cannot complete your recording of landing if your wife is pregnant, you must wait until the baby is born and then add the child onto your application. If you had landed before becoming pregnant then you would already be permanent residents and would therefore look to sponsor your child.
So basically
1) If you complete your record of landing, then become pregnant, if the child is born outside Canada you need to apply to sponsor your child.
2) If you complete your record of landing, then become pregnant and the child is born in Canada, he/she will be a Canadian citizen and will not require sponsorship.
3) If you become pregnant BEFORE landing then the child needs to be added onto your residency application and will require forms + a medical for the baby.
Erm, I think that's right anyway :) Can anyone else confirm?
Wayne.
Thank you Wayne

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
amar12345 said:
I will get back on this topic in the evening (busy in office).

I have some more info to share since both my children were born in canada (both me and wife are not canadian citizen or PR).
I will be very pleased to hear from you as well.
This forum is simply amazing. A consultant would not have done better.
Thank you everyone for being there.

Shalom

rupesh nayak

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2011
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2013 Medical result recieved line add in status on 27-12-2013
Passport Req..
18-01-2014 Submitted to NDVO 06-02-2014 Recieved by NDVO 07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 recieved passport on 22-02-2014
kolhapuri said:
Mr Nayak, kindly take note that writing in Caps and Bold on a forum means you are shouting which may turn off forum members and will discourage them from replying to your query. So Use it sparingly and only when required.

Thank's for guiding me and sorry for that because of unawareness

But if you know regards my quarry then please reply me

Thank's

zeddm

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0016/0211/2132
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2010
Doc's Request.
14/10/2010
AOR Received.
PER:10th Feb, 2nd AOR: 9th March
File Transfer...
3rd March
Med's Request
Received dt 17th May 2011
Med's Done....
30-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
26th july 2011
LANDED..........
August 2011
Cappuccino said:

Wayne.
Hi Wayne,
I don't think this is correct because my niece had applied for PR in Oct 2009 and at the time of her medicals in Feb 2010, she was three months pregnant and the DMP had made a record of it in his report.She did get a query from VO about her ability to travel for almost 23 hours from India to Toronto whist being pregnant.She and her husband got the PR visa stamped within next 10 days and she landed in canada in the month march 2010.
I hope rules have not changed :)
Regards,
Zedd

barkat123

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Can I courier PP/PCC/RPRF to CHC NDVO before DMP send Medical reports (immediately when medical done) ????
I have to send a Cover letter also stating the details of renewed my spouse passport

My consultant told me we need courier consignment details (required in cover letter) which we get from DMP when medical reports reached to ND

Please advice...

Thanks
Barkat

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
moabbasi said:
Any important update to VO, use FAX as primary mode, if not then go with Regular Mail & Phone.
e-mail doesn't work always...

Hope this helps!
I didn't email them, I used the form that was available at the Singapore VO website for sending updates/query -usually submitting this form gets u an automated repy at our email address. Does anyone know the fax number of Singapore VO?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
zeddm said:
Hi Wayne,
I don't think this is correct because my niece had applied for PR in Oct 2009 and at the time of her medicals in Feb 2010, she was three months pregnant and the DMP had made a record of it in his report.She did get a query from VO about her ability to travel for almost 23 hours from India to Toronto whist being pregnant.She and her husband got the PR visa stamped within next 10 days and she landed in canada in the month march 2010.
Regards,
Zedd
Well, as I said this is just based on what I've remembered reading - I am certainly not an expert on this since we currently have no children!

I think if we can find an official CIC source on this it will be better since these kind of questions tend to crop up quite frequently. If I can find the official stance on landing/pregnancy I will add a page to my blog with the details.

Wayne.

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
Here you go :

If your enquiry is regarding a visa, work permit, study permit or immigration to Canada, please click the link below for further information.

Immigration/Visa Section Email: singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Immigration/Visa Section Fax: (65) 6854-5874 or (65) 6854-5932

Refer: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

mchowdhury said:
I didn't email them, I used the form that was available at the Singapore VO website for sending updates/query -usually submitting this form gets u an automated repy at our email address. Does anyone know the fax number of Singapore VO?

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
If this is the case, then I guess it is "Good News for Expecting Parents". :)

zeddm said:
Hi Wayne,
Regards,
Zedd

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
zeddm said:
Hi Wayne,
Regards,
Zedd
Hi,

Ok I can't seem to find an official stance on this from CIC websites. However, most unofficial sources I've read from forums and immigration lawyers/consultants seem to say that you CAN land whilst pregnant, as long as the mother is fit to travel.

If you land whilst pregnant and have the baby in Canada, it is a Canadian citizen.

If you land whilst pregnant and then come home to have the baby, then you need to sponsor your child before it can become a resident.

Of course, there are probably cases when people complete their record of landing and do not even realise the lady is pregnant!

I definitely remember READING something about "Do not land if you are pregnant", I had thought this was on the CIC website but perhaps it was just on some muppet lawyer's website.

So my apologies for giving wrong information! :)

Would be nice to try to find something official on this though. Surely it must be documented somewhere?

Wayne.

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
Cappuccino said:
Hi,

Ok I can't seem to find an official stance on this from CIC websites. However, most unofficial sources I've read from forums and immigration lawyers/consultants seem to say that you CAN land whilst pregnant, as long as the mother is fit to travel.

If you land whilst pregnant and have the baby in Canada, it is a Canadian citizen.

If you land whilst pregnant and then come home to have the baby, then you need to sponsor your child before it can become a resident.

Of course, there are probably cases when people complete their record of landing and do not even realise the lady is pregnant!

I definitely remember READING something about "Do not land if you are pregnant", I had thought this was on the CIC website but perhaps it was just on some muppet lawyer's website.

So my apologies for giving wrong information! :)

Would be nice to try to find something official on this though. Surely it must be documented somewhere?

Wayne.
I got this from the French CIC website. I believe the only complications due to pregnancy is the chest xray. Once that is done, you can land.

Is a pregnant woman obliged to have any X-rays done.or can she be exempted?

A chest x-ray is an obligatory part of the medical results. Pregnant women may submit a chest x-ray taken within the 6 months preceding the start of the pregnancy so long as the applicant's identity and the date of the x-ray are printed on the image itself. If such x-ray is not available, there are two options: you may decide to have the x-ray done with a protective apron or wait until after the child is born. If you chose the second option, please let us know, mentioning the expected due date. Do not forget to inform us of the birth of the baby by sending us a copy of the birth certificate

zeddm

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0016/0211/2132
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2010
Doc's Request.
14/10/2010
AOR Received.
PER:10th Feb, 2nd AOR: 9th March
File Transfer...
3rd March
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
26th july 2011
LANDED..........
August 2011
barkat123 said:
Can I courier PP/PCC/RPRF to CHC NDVO before DMP send Medical reports (immediately when medical done) ????
I have to send a Cover letter also stating the details of renewed my spouse passport

My consultant told me we need courier consignment details (required in cover letter) which we get from DMP when medical reports reached to ND

Please advice...

Thanks
Barkat
Dear Barkat,
After you are done with medicals, you can immediately courier the required stuff to NDVO.But do not forget to enclose the copy of the invoices raised by the DMP and mention the same in your covering letter.Courier consignment details from DMP are not required.

Regards,
Zedd

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Advance123 said:
I got this from the French CIC website. I believe the only complications due to pregnancy is the chest xray. Once that is done, you can land.

Is a pregnant woman obliged to have any X-rays done.or can she be exempted?

A chest x-ray is an obligatory part of the medical results. Pregnant women may submit a chest x-ray taken within the 6 months preceding the start of the pregnancy so long as the applicant's identity and the date of the x-ray are printed on the image itself. If such x-ray is not available, there are two options: you may decide to have the x-ray done with a protective apron or wait until after the child is born. If you chose the second option, please let us know, mentioning the expected due date. Do not forget to inform us of the birth of the baby by sending us a copy of the birth certificate
So presumably if you have your medicals done whilst you are not pregnant, then get pregnant after that - you can just complete your record of landing whilst pregnant - then decide whether to have your baby in Canada (and he/she is then a Canadian citizen) or have the baby in your own country and then sponsor the baby?

I think if you can, it is better to have the baby in Canada - so it is easier to get the baby a passport in your own country than it is to sponsor the baby to get residency (who would then have to apply for their own citizenship once they were no longer dependent)?

Wayne.