+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application with Original Documents sent to CIO-Nova Scotia

algee902

May 13, 2010
Hi! Newbie here. I have been following this forum for quite some time, and finally decided to apply for a Canadian Immigrant Visa.

This refers to my application for permanent residence in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Last May 10, I received an email from the Centralized Intake Office in Nova Scotia, stating that my application is recommended for final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of work experience, and that I was already given a reference number. In line with this, I was asked to submit a complete application together with all of my supporting documents to the Manila Visa Office, Philippines. I was able to submit all my original supporting documents already to the Centralized Intake Office in Nova Scotia. Is there be a need to submit another set of original documents (i.e. Diploma, School Records, Bank Statements etc.)?

I only have copies of the original documents. Is it possible that only these copies will be attached as supporting documents to the updated forms? If so, should there be a need for them to be notarized?

Will my original documents be sent back to me? Or will they be forwarded to the Manila Visa Office?

fj9292

Apr 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 7 2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR Mar 8 2010- 2nd AOR May 3 2010
File Transfer...
Mar 18 2010
Why did you send the originals to CIO NS?? It clearly says no documents are needed to send to CIO.

I guess you can write to CIO, requesting them to return your originals (as ypu may need them later on) or send the copies of the original to the designated visa office.

Good Luck!

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a process no original documents are required by CIO.

Please send them an e-mail asking them to return all originals that you have submitted.

The documents that you need to submit to Manila CHC are listed here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37025.pdf

algee902

May 13, 2010
Thank you for the quick reply.

Actually, we followed the local guide kit (Manila Visa Office). It stated that I must provide all originals and so I did. At first, I sent all of the documents and application forms to the Manila Visa Office, but it was sent back to me after 3 days. It said that all applications for FSW should be sent to CIO-NS.

Do you have any idea how I will be able to contact CIO-NS? I tried to reply to their email, but up until now, I have not received any response. I have tried calling the local Visa office in Manila, but they do not entertain inquiries.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Algee you big dummy!!! :) NO SUPPORTING DOCs to the CIO except what is specified on the CIO checklist- and photocopies only to CIO, no originals. I guess you can write to CIO and request that they return the originals, but don't know if they will do it, or how long it will take.

If you are submitting the full application to Manila, you need to follow the Manila office-specific guidelines. For Manila, it states "originals of all documents," so you're hurting. You better start working on replacing those originals... :(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37025.pdf

Good luck, and let us know if CIO returns your documents...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
overlapping replies... So you understood the part about the visa-office specific guidelines, but not the part about the 2-stage application process, and that the initail application to the CIO has different guidelines. I'm sure you're not the only one, but, wow, reading the directions really is easier :)

Supposedly, that email address is for outgoing email only, they will not reply. As far as I know, the only way to contact CIO is through snail-mail, at the address supplied for the original application. Be sure to include a copy of their email to you.