+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Updated e-mail from CIC but don't see any updates

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
I received an e-mail from CIC saying that my application has been updated. When I open my EE application, I don't see any changes in score or anything. Although the application status had changed to "Updated" from "Submitted". When I opened the profile and went back to the applications page it turned into "Submitted" again. Has anyone seen this before?

Just curious to know what changed in my application

Reactions: Godsmercy

DesireCA

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2253, CRS-432
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
That's already happened multiple time to many applicants. I also got an email second time regarding updates and nothing changed in my profile. In my opinion, it is a some kind of back end activity and the notification generate automatically as it suppose to be.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
ohcanada! said:
I received an e-mail from CIC saying that my application has been updated. When I open my EE application, I don't see any changes in score or anything. Although the application status had changed to "Updated" from "Submitted". When I opened the profile and went back to the applications page it turned into "Submitted" again. Has anyone seen this before?

Yup, it's called a "ghost" email. It usually gets sent out when the CIc is accessing your application. Depending on what stage your application is at, different things can happen. Many times you get these emails before you are about to get a status change, like going from "medical not needed" to "passed."
I got these emails twice. Once was right after my medical changed to pass. The second was a day ago, right before my ECAS changed from In process to Decision Made.
So, no need to worry. :)

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
AshesNdust said:
Yup, it's called a "ghost" email. It usually gets sent out when the CIc is accessing your application. Depending on what stage your application is at, different things can happen. Many times you get these emails before you are about to get a status change, like going from "medical not needed" to "passed."
I got these emails twice. Once was right after my medical changed to pass. The second was a day ago, right before my ECAS changed from In process to Decision Made.
So, no need to worry. :)
Well in my case, I haven't been even issued an ITA though I have applied too OOPNP. I gave them my express Entry profile number as part of my application. Not sure what happened but will not worry about it too much now.

http404

Aug 31, 2015
ohcanada! said:

This is a very good sign. It basically means someone at CIC opened your file. The way their system is configured is that an email is shot out when your file gets opened.

If you get this email and dont see any change, it means you should expect some movement with update soon. So goodluck and stay positive.

Reactions: hemanthsamayam

anb123

Aug 26, 2019
Well in my case, I haven't been even issued an ITA though I have applied too OOPNP. I gave them my express Entry profile number as part of my application. Not sure what happened but will not worry about it too much now.
This is the same case in mine too presently. Just happened to receive an update but I don't see any change in the EE application. Moreover, I have not yet received an ITA too. I wonder what this is and curious to know as well.

Anybody else faced something like this.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
It’s very common. Once you met a ghost update in your account without email notification, then your PPR is expected to be on the way. For your reference, you could see my signature below.

anb123

Aug 26, 2019
It’s very common. Once you met a ghost update in your account without email notification, then your PPR is expected to be on the way. For your reference, you could see my signature below.
Thanks for this detailed explanation. Why this is of my concern is because I have not yet received an ITA wherein your case you have received . So i wonder why this Ghost update when I have not yet received an ITA.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Thanks for this detailed explanation. Why this is of my concern is because I have not yet received an ITA wherein your case you have received . So i wonder why this Ghost update when I have not yet received an ITA.
It could be your other applications (study/work/visa permit) under the same account; otherwise, I’m not too sure.

Shohista

Sep 6, 2018
Hello, everyone. Just came across this chat when I was searching what the email I got means. I also received an email saying my status has changes but there is no change. Also my score is very low for getting ITA. What can it mean?

afahmida

Aug 29, 2022
I got an email saying my status is updated and when i logged in there was no update in my profile. Also, My husband who applied for the PGWP same as me, got an update on profile and received the temporary work permit. I am really confused here