+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application under active review

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Hi,
The status of my PR application says, application under review by an officer. Is this final review? What does that mean? Thank you for help.
In our case, it meant that they are actively working on it. Within a few days from receiving the same response from our VO, PA received request for additional documents and RPRF payment request. Couple of days after submitting the requested documents and payment receipt, he received invitation to pre arrival services letter. I hope it means that we are close to DM and PPR. Good luck to all of us waiting.

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Order GCMS notes to see if there is information there indicating what the issue is.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Contact your MP's office so that they may inquire.

You can also try calling although can be difficult to get through/only from within Canada (usually) - and information from call centre may not always be as reliable.

Note, you can pursue all of these in parallel.
Thank you!
I have done all of these other than MP's office thing.
No point! no news.

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
What do the gcms notes say? Give some details about case if you can?
GCMS (Dated 02-Apr-2020 received to hand on 10-Jun-2020) note says all ok. Document set for Review.
Another note says: VV: for your review please (I have no clue what is this)
However, most of the fields r empty.
Info Sharing complete
Medical passed
Eligibility------Blank------
Security------Blank--------
HIRV------Blank-----
Final-----Blank-----

I emailed the local VO (Colombo) via web form
They informed:
Your application remains in queue for processing. No action is needed from you at this time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
GCMS (Dated 02-Apr-2020 received to hand on 10-Jun-2020) note says all ok. Document set for Review.
Another note says: VV: for your review please (I have no clue what is this)
However, most of the fields r empty.
Info Sharing complete
Medical passed
Eligibility------Blank------
Security------Blank--------
HIRV------Blank-----
Final-----Blank-----

I emailed the local VO (Colombo) via web form
They informed:
Your application remains in queue for processing. No action is needed from you at this time.
Your GCMS notes was almost nine months ago - order updated gcms notes. You ordered the first weeks into the covid shutdowns so tells us nothing about what's happened since (if anything).

Also contact MPs office. You're both asking for an update and why it is taking so long.

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Your GCMS notes was almost nine months ago - order updated gcms notes. You ordered the first weeks into the covid shutdowns so tells us nothing about what's happened since (if anything).

Also contact MPs office. You're both asking for an update and why it is taking so long.
Thank you!
Would you please advise me on How to contact the MP's office. Am applying from outside of Canada as a FSW.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you!
Would you please advise me on How to contact the MP's office. Am applying from outside of Canada as a FSW.
I do not think MP can help on Federal Skilled Worker application.
Since you are not a PR yet and there is no current Canadian address to look up for YOUR MP. (We usually use postal code of where we live to find our MP)

btw this is a section in Family Class Sponsorship. I think you posted at the wrong section.

Reactions: armoured

BlueSky25

Aug 1, 2020
In our case, it meant that they are actively working on it. Within a few days from receiving the same response from our VO, PA received request for additional documents and RPRF payment request. Couple of days after submitting the requested documents and payment receipt, he received invitation to pre arrival services letter. I hope it means that we are close to DM and PPR. Good luck to all of us waiting.
Thank you for your reply. We appreciate it. I hope we hear a reply soon. Thanks :)

Reactions: *nn*

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
I do not think MP can help on Federal Skilled Worker application.
Since you are not a PR yet and there is no current Canadian address to look up for YOUR MP. (We usually use postal code of where we live to find our MP)

btw this is a section in Family Class Sponsorship. I think you posted at the wrong section.
Yes, that's what I realized. Thank you for correcting me.

muyiroro

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Pls can anyone interpret this below letter I just received from IRCC as per my temporary work permit application submitted on 5th of September 2020. My timeline was 18 weeks as at when I submitted my application and n now in 24 weeks.

Good day,

Your file is under active review. You will be advised of the next steps or decision once the review is completed.

Regards,

tades

May 6, 2022
Good Day, I received an email from IRCC stating my application is under active review. This was 2 weeks ago. Anyone with similar email? What was the timeline after receiving this to next step?