+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application under active review

Marthakay

Dec 31, 2018
Hallo, Today I sent an email to my vo to inquire about my application and that was the reply

Kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application. However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible
*Does that mean my application is being handled by an officer or its an automated message?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  6. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  7. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  8. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  9. Medical Exam Result
  10. Passport Request (PPR)
  11. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the visa office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process from AOR1 to completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.

Reactions: valvlad

Marthakay

Dec 31, 2018
I guess mine didn't follow the steps because I did medical before my file was transfered, should I be worried

Elizabeth178

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
Hallo, Today I sent an email to my vo to inquire about my application and that was the reply

Kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application. However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible
*Does that mean my application is being handled by an officer or its an automated message?
Has you application approved?? Mine same status ie under review that’s why asked

BlueSky25

Aug 1, 2020
Hi,
The status of my PR application says, application under review by an officer. Is this final review? What does that mean? Thank you for help.

BlueSky25

Aug 1, 2020
Hi,
We sent our application on December 2018 to the Sri Lanka Colombo visa office. Our medicals are passed and eligibility met.
We were asked to send additional documents on December 9, 2020. We sent them on December 14, 2020.
When we asked status update this January 2021, they said our application is under review with an officer. What does this mean?
Thank you.

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Hi
Am waiting for my PPR since August 2019
No issue reported.
Sent multiple webforms
File under officer review
So much frustrated now. Taken 526 days since AOR.
Is it only me waiting like this??? or is it due to COVID?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
Am waiting for my PPR since August 2019
No issue reported.
Sent multiple webforms
File under officer review
So much frustrated now. Taken 526 days since AOR.
Is it only me waiting like this??? or is it due to COVID?
Order GCMS notes to see if there is information there indicating what the issue is.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Contact your MP's office so that they may inquire.

You can also try calling although can be difficult to get through/only from within Canada (usually) - and information from call centre may not always be as reliable.

Note, you can pursue all of these in parallel.