+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application transferred from buffalo to seattle office

riya

Mar 31, 2010
is there anybody whose file is transferred from buffalo to seattle office....its been 4 weeks my file is transferred to seattle....no updates yet .....im frustated...for last more then one year ..it was in buffalo office...and now for seattle.....god knows...i have read from this forum....files are transferred to LA or Ny...and they have received medicals.....bad luck for me....

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
i have never heard about file transferred to Seattle on this site.....yes today i read on tracitt...it was one week back somebody file was transferred to NY...and today he received email for medical and rrpf...one month is too long...u should send them an email

riya

Mar 31, 2010
buffalo applicants........................................................comment please

bsuter

Apr 1, 2010
hello.
our application was also transferred from buffalo to seattle. this also applies to many of our friends. you shouldn't be worried about this step.

please also be aware, that the seattle visa office does not utilize the online status system. Therefore,you should not anticipate seeing any accurate changes to that
information when you login to your online file.

the only way to contact the seattle office is by email. We were told the following: Be aware that due to a change in immigration regulations instituted in February of 2008, many
Skilled Worker cases are now expected to take at least two years to process.

we've applied for our permanent residency in may 2008 in buffalo and got the letter that we should do the medical examination from seattle just this week... almost two years after we filed the application... and i'm sure it's gonna take another 8-12 months until we will be done.

hope this helps! good luck!

riya

Mar 31, 2010
thanks for your reply
can you please tell when your file was transferred to Seattle office????//...and in which category you applied....does your category falls in 38 occupation list.............see its too much for Seattle office........people r lucky.....files are transferred to LA and medicals are requested in just one week

riya

Mar 31, 2010
@bsuter
please reply.....how much it takes for u nd ur friends to receive medicals after their files were transferred to seattle......

coolboy

Jun 20, 2009
Hi All,

Just got an email from buffalo 4 days back: they have transferred my file to Seattle for "faster processing" and it says Any further correspondence will be with seattle and not Buffalo henceforth. it also says that No status update inquiries should be made in the next 90 days.

My timeline is :
App to CIO-S: June 2009
App + Docs to Buffalo: September 2009
File Transferred to Seattle: April 2010

Just wondering if anyone with similar time line have had their files transferred to seattle Visa Office recently.

Also, for those who've had their file transferred to Seattle in 2010: any idea how long it takes them to start processing?

thanks in advance
coolboy

Texan01

Mar 10, 2010
Hi All

I also received an email from buffalo today that my file was trasnferred to Seattle.

Here are my timelines:

Appled to NS- April 23, 2009.
Documents sent to Buffalo- June 23, 2009
Email from Buffalo for file transfer- April 13, 2010.

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
Same as my case... i applied in Buffallo CIC.

application receipt by CIC -Buffalo - 2 December 2008

Transfer my file to CIC-Seattle - Oct 30 2009
(informing me not to follow up for 90 days )

Medical request and Police clearance ( brazil ) request - 1 Feb 2010

Passport request - 26 march 2010

I am a company transferee from a Malaysian company to our Canadain subsidiary, 18 months working experience in Canada.

Dont you worry Seattle is moving.... in fact they are very accomodating as i have requested them to extend the validity of

submission of may passport from 26 march to 30 may 2010.

Just relax & wait for your turn.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
For what it's worth, my timeline seems to be going a bit faster:

Initial application: July, 2009
Sent documents to Buffalo: January, 2010
Received AOR from Buffalo: March, 2010
File transferred to Seattle: last week

It looks to me as if they transferred a whole batch of files at once, I hope this doesn't mean Seattle will slow down . . .

Macloud

Apr 29, 2010
Initial application: May 2009
Transferred to Buffalo: August 2009
Transferred to Seattle: April 2010

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
ON_HOLD....... application transferred from buffalo to seattle office

HI

CAN YOU SPECIFY YOUR TIME LINES AS TO WHICH DATE YOU SUBMITTED YOUR FULL DOCUMENTS TO BUFFALO AND WHICH DATE YOU GOT AN AOR AND WHEN (DATE) IT GOT TRANFERED TO GIVE SOME BETTER IDEA>>>>AS IT"S ALMOST 5 weeks I HAVE NOT GOT AOR FROM BUFFALO!!!!!!!

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I have been reading on the forum, lot of people who applied in may to august 2009, have been getting their files transferred to other places around April 2010. I am in the same boat as you guys. I have seen files being sent to Seattle/Detroit/New York this month from Buffalo. It generally says that 90 days is a buffer period before which no correspondence will be entertained. But generally things move much faster than that.

bishkek

May 27, 2010
on-hold said:
For what it's worth, my timeline seems to be going a bit faster:

Initial application: July, 2009
Sent documents to Buffalo: January, 2010
Received AOR from Buffalo: March, 2010
File transferred to Seattle: last week

It looks to me as if they transferred a whole batch of files at once, I hope this doesn't mean Seattle will slow down . . .
it seems mine is even faster:
Initial application: September 8, 2009
Sent documents to Buffalo: December 13, 2009
Received AOR from Buffalo: January 19, 2010
File transferred to Seattle: April 29, 2010

I also agree that Seattle seems to have gotten a huge pile of files in April-May 2010, we'll see how they going to handle it. I hope my luck doesn't end there :)

tuxey

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-07-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
28-07-2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
17-10-2011
My file got transferred to Seattle on July 15th.

I found some two years old forum posts that clam Seattle is extremely slow and may take up to two years to process skilled worker application. But it seems that things are changing and some folks get their medical requests within less than couple month after file transfer. Will see where it goes.

BTW, how is the medical request delivered? I never got mail or e-mail from buffalo with AOR or file transfer notification. A bit confused by that fact.