+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application transferred from Bufallo to LA Consulate General

robfis

Star Member
Jan 4, 2009
I have an application with Buffalo since july 2009, with "received by visa office" status ever since. Today I received an email stating that the application was transferred to the Canadian Consulate General in Los Angeles (to expedite the process).
I don't know if they did anything in Buffalo regarding the application. Anyone with similar experience?
Thanks, Robert

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, this Guy has the same case as yours exactly and same dates :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-file-was-transferred-to-los-angeles-t35899.0.html

By the way, does your online status still show "received by the visa office" ?

I would say that they might have done the eligibility review at Buffalo but still not sure.

robfis

Star Member
Jan 4, 2009
E-Cas status didn't change. Probably they didn't do anything, it was transferred and LA will decide.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robfis, that is absolutely great news. Traditionally, whenever cases have been transferred to satellite consulates by Buffalo, the processing has sped up quite a bit. Do you mind sharing your exact timelines and processing details, i.e. on what date was your application received by Buffalo, which FSW category are you (1, 2, 3), what NOC have you applied for, etc.?

canbhagat

Sep 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in July 2009
AOR Received.
August 2009
File Transfer...
transferred to LA in april 2010
Med's Request
may 2010
Med's Done....
may2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
july 2010
LANDED..........
july 2010
hey Robfis,

Congrats on getting the file transferred...its sure going to expedite the process.....can u please share your full time line please..like

the day u submitted the application to sydney, nova scotia-
received aor from nova scotia-
sent file to buffalo-
received file no from buffalo-

wish u all the best...

thanks in advance
canbhagat

robfis

Star Member
Jan 4, 2009
Thanks for all the good wishes.
I applied in 2009, March or April, to Nova Scotia. Sent full application end of July, which was acknowledged by Buffalo in a few weeks. I don't have exact dates, but I can say that everything went normal, no long waits.
I applied as registered nurse.
Robert

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
robfis said:
Thanks for all the good wishes.
I applied in 2009, March or April, to Nova Scotia. Sent full application end of July, which was acknowledged by Buffalo in a few weeks. I don't have exact dates, but I can say that everything went normal, no long waits.
I applied as registered nurse.
Robert
Hi robfis,

love to hear from you about any updates, like medical request from local CHC and so on. Please keep us posted since you app is a ray of hope for us. I believe Buffalo is moving FINALLY...

soewitas

Feb 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Was Buffalo now LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2009
Doc's Request.
15-4-2009
AOR Received.
1-5-2009
File Transfer...
16-2-2010
Med's Request
22-2-2010
Passport Req..
03-20-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-30-2010
LANDED..........
09-08-2010
My file also was transfered to LA from Buffalo on Feb 16, 2010. Initial AOR from Buffalo was May 1, 2010. I received Medical Request on Mar 22, 2010.

Did other already receive Medical as well? I heard someone whose file being processed in Buffalo was not only asked for Medical but also RPRF. How about you guys?

Also, if we got Medical, does it means very little chance to be called for an interview?

Let's keep this thread going so we can update each other.

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Its good to read that some candidates are getting rid of buffalo as their files have been transferred to Los Angeles.

Buffalo is no doubt run by bunch of incompetent professionals who should be fired as soon as possible.If they continue working the way they are, probably lot of people will go to other countries just because of these incompetent people.

They need to learn from centers such as New Delhi,Islamabad,Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur.They are the most efficient centers and employees out their are performing their jobs with utmost efficiency.

robfis

Star Member
Jan 4, 2009
Well, I wouldn't be so critical about people or situations I don't know. After all what obligation do they have for you?
And why do you want to move to their country if they are so incompetent?
Because since you make them incompetent, that would make you the competent coming from a place where people are so efficient that they can afford criticizing those who seem to be inferior.
What do you know about Buffalo and their work load, or problems they may have?

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
@ soevitas
what do you mean by document requestd.....did u filed appl to NS first or directly to buffalo

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
@robfis
can u please tell when ur file transferred from nova scotia to buffalo...in march or april....