+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents

Jaimal

Mar 11, 2014
Hello Folks,

I am PR in Canada and got lucky to receive invitation to sponsor my parents and grandparents(2021) for PR. They are right now in India.

I am sponsoring my Mother, Father and Grandmother in this application.

Will I have 2 primary applicants? First my Father(Mother as a dependent) and Second my grandmother. Based on my current research IRCC do not consider grandmother as a dependent family member for my father so cannot include her in dependent list. Is that true? I am following guidelines on THIS link.

Next question, If I have 2 applicants then, Do I need to fill 2 imm0008 forms(Father as primary applicant and Grandmother as primary applicant) ?

Any other suggestions or caveats that I should be careful about??

Note:- I meet financial requirements and other eligibility criteria.

Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Folks,

I am PR in Canada and got lucky to receive invitation to sponsor my parents and grandparents(2021) for PR. They are right now in India.

I am sponsoring my Mother, Father and Grandmother in this application.

Will I have 2 primary applicants? First my Father(Mother as a dependent) and Second my grandmother. Based on my current research IRCC do not consider grandmother as a dependent family member for my father so cannot include her in dependent list. Is that true? I am following guidelines on THIS link.

Next question, If I have 2 applicants then, Do I need to fill 2 imm0008 forms(Father as primary applicant and Grandmother as primary applicant) ?

Any other suggestions or caveats that I should be careful about??

Note:- I meet financial requirements and other eligibility criteria.

Thanks in advance
Grandmother would be a separate application. It is unclear to me whether being selected allows you to send in 2 applications. Perhaps others can clarify.

Jaimal

Mar 11, 2014
Grandmother would be a separate application. It is unclear to me whether being selected allows you to send in 2 applications. Perhaps others can clarify.
Thank you. They allowed me to add parents and grandparents in same application when entering draw so should be fine but you raise a good point there is no clear guideline on IRCC website if single application can be used.

I see in overview section section of the link from above says "For an application to be considered complete, the sponsor and principal applicant must fill out the forms listed below and must submit them all together in 1 envelope for each set of parents and grandparents you are sponsoring."

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hi,

Need to know whether we need to fill only 1 application form IMM0008 for principal applicant (father) and dependent (mother) would cover in that or need to fill IMM0008 for both parents individually

similarly same question for sponsorship form IMM1344

Jaimal

Mar 11, 2014
Hi,

Need to know whether we need to fill only 1 application form IMM0008 for principal applicant (father) and dependent (mother) would cover in that or need to fill IMM0008 for both parents individually

Hello, IMM0008 should be completed by primary applicant only and IIM 1344 should be completed by sponsor only.

Jaimal

Mar 11, 2014
Hi,

Hello Inder,

Based on Application Guide

You father need to fill 1 IMM0008 as a primary applicant.
Your father need to fill 1 IMM0008DEP for dependent, which will be your mother in this case.
You and your cosigner(if applicable) need to fill 1 IMM1344 form.

Check list details are pretty clear on who need to fill what forms so I recommend you to strictly follow it. The above detailed in the check list.

vkpedia

Jan 17, 2021
Hello Inder,

Your father need to fill 1 IMM0008DEP for dependent, which will be your mother in this case.

Check list details are pretty clear on who need to fill what forms so I recommend you to strictly follow it. The above detailed in the check list.
This is not correct. You need to fill IMM0008DEP ONLY IF you have more than 5 dependents as per https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

When I applied for my parents 3 years ago, I filled-in IMM0008 for my father and added mother as a dependent in same form. The additional family information and back ground declaration needs to be filled in for both separately.

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hello Inder,

Thanks Jaimal,

appreciate your response..

Do we need to get all photocopies notarized to submit along with application

souravpradhan

Jan 18, 2021
Hi ,

I got the confirmation to invite my parents in Jan 2020 draw.I had one query regarding the details that needs to be included in the CV/Resume for parents.Can someone please share if they have any sample CV/resume.
Thanks