+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Status

John7474

Jan 30, 2013
Hi,

I am not able to check my citizenship status online though I tried on several days and since 2 weeks. I also tried all my name combination (First Name, last name, both...). I am always getting :
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

I used to check my status successfully before this new website layout...
Any suggestion? Whom can i call for clarification?

Thanks in advance.
JOhn

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
Hi John

I have the same problem but I found out how to solve this:

here is how:

1) The top part asks you for a file number, or client ID and so on. So you type it in.
2) Add your name, country, DOB

then if you click continue, it doesn't work so what I do, is I go back to the page and I see step 2) is done but step 1) is BLANK so I do step 1) again and it works!

I know it is weird, try it! I didn't have to do that before. Maybe it's your computer, mine is super old and it does that!

Let us know!

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
and I know CIC has done something to its website recently....when I use my work computer to check status, it gives me some kind of security warning. it never happened before.

John7474

Jan 30, 2013
Hi All,

thanks for your feedbacks but still still i cant check my application status.

@ Koumani: I did my exam a year and half ago...

@ ottawa girl: I did what you mentioned but still it doesnt work. Maybe you can re write it again in more details.
I am following the below steps:
1- Citizenship
2- Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship)
3- Click on : Check application status
4- I check mark : I have read and understood ....
5- Here i fill my details. Identification type: Permanent resident card number
Identificatio number: xxxxxx
Surname/Family Name: I type my family name
etc...

Now can you please re describe where you start doing back ... in which stage because i didnt work and i could have misunderstood what you wrote up.

Thanks.
JOhn

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
John7474 said:
I got what you mean ottawa girl but still it doesnt work :(((((

any other suggestions??
Hi,

There is on check box below the status, did you click on that box by any chance? Call CIC and ask them how you can get the status online again.

Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.

Thanks,
IBM