+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Status

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Hello Again,

My husband, kids and myself submitted our PR renewal application and citizenship together in April.

We got ours back but not my husband's. I just realized that we can check the status of an application online. We checked my husband own since we are still expecting to hear from them, and there was nothing. It says maybe his application has not entered the system.

Although, we(myself and the kids) got ours in June, I checked the website and it rightfully recorded that our application was received on the 10th of April. Deliberation started on the 16th of April and it was approved on the 7th of May. It was the same information for my kids.

My question is, even if he has to go through a longer process because he works for a Canadian company abroad, shouldn't it show the date his application was received?

At the time we got our PR cards back, they returned his and my citizenship application form to re-sign the new days calculations. On it, it said that we both meets the residency obligation. The application was returned to them around the 14th or 15th of June.

Nothing about the PR application was returned. Could it be that his application was taken back to the end of the queue?

Why isn't any information showing on the CIC website? Has anybody had this sort of situation? Should we call the centre to find out and does anybody know the international number as we are out of the country.

Thanks for the help and your time.