Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
wajahat.ali said:
Yes I have done it few weeks ago.

I was in connection with UWO since 2009 and just got free to peruse my admission
Please share the following details:
Course and degree:
Date of filing your visa:
Waiting for medical?

Have a look at other candidates from Pakistan: http://bit.ly/JNFIoC

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
baloch1 said:
hi,
I've submitted my file on 5th Jan 2012 and my course is ACCA from LSBF and 6 month going on still no response from CHC me too upset nd dnt knw wat to do, can any1 plz reply me wat's the reason behind it???? waiting fr ur rply...thnx
Unfortunately, right from the start of this year CHC Islamabad has slow down the visa issuance for college applicants. A lot of candidates are waiting like you. You can check them here http://bit.ly/JNFIoC

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Jojii said:
Hi Guys, Just an info for everybody.

Yesterday I spoke to one of the guys who did his Masters from University of Alberta. He told me that the issuance of Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) is based on the length of program defined in the curriculum and not on how long you take to pass it.
For example the MEng program in University of Alberta is 2 years or 4 semesters, so graduating students are eligible for a 3 years work permit. Even if you take on more courses and finish the course in 3 semesters you will still be eligible for a 3 years PGWP.

For off-campus work permit, you must have atleast 6 months study course. So Lets suppose if you start in Winter/Fall you may actually have to wait until middle of your second semester to apply for work permit. Then it will take about a month and a half to actually get the paper work done. Thus it can be 8 months or more before you get your off-campus workpermit. So please plan keeping in mind this issue.

I was surprised to learn about the first issue I mentioned (PGWP). But my friend reassured me that this is the case. If you have any contacts in Canada, may be you guys can also ask them this as well and confirm. But I am pretty sure now that this is the case.

Cheers,
Joji
1. Yes, he is right. PGWP is dependent on the "official length of degree" not on the time in which you study. If a degree is equal to or longer than 2 years then PGWP will be issued for 3 years. If length of the course is more than 8 months and less than 2 years then PGWP will be awarded for the time equal to the length of the degree. No PGWP is issued for courses shorter than 8 months.

2. OCWP is issued after studying for 6 months as full time student, it is not issued for staying for 6 months in canada. The processing time is usually as long as a month on average.

3. Don't be surprise. If you dig up the forum a little deeper you will see these questions are answered repeatedly again and again.

BR,
Inam

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
wajahat.ali said:
AM Geophysics a post graduate Degree
University of Western Ontario
Medical Done June 6 2012
CHC Received Documents on 22 May
I have updated your details into the spreadsheet.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Very well said Inam !!

I have immense respect for you. You have been very helpful and guiding a lot a prospective Canadian students on this forum.
When I saw your profile, I wasn't surprised in the least bit to find you a straight As student. I wish you all the best and pray that all your visa formalities are completed asap.

On a separate note, Isn't there some option like a 'sticky' in this forum? This is present is several forums elsewhere on the internet. Any post which is helpful / informative for the general public can be set as sticky and its always present at the top of the forum. This way everybody atleast skims through it before posting his / her questions. This would greatly reduce issue of same questions being asked again.

Also I have noticed that people here 'hijack' each other's thread and ask start asking questions in someone else's thread. This is not good etiquette, but I guess this would be difficult to implement. Are there no moderators on this forum for such issues?

Inam89 said:
1. Yes, he is right. PGWP is dependent on the "official length of degree" not on the time in which you study. If a degree is equal to or longer than 2 years then PGWP will be issued for 3 years. If length of the course is more than 8 months and less than 2 years then PGWP will be awarded for the time equal to the length of the degree. No PGWP is issued for courses shorter than 8 months.

2. OCWP is issued after studying for 6 months as full time student, it is not issued for staying for 6 months in canada. The processing time is usually as long as a month on average.

3. Don't be surprise. If you dig up the forum a little deeper you will see these questions are answered repeatedly again and again.

BR,
Inam

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Jojii said:
Very well said Inam !!

I have immense respect for you. You have been very helpful and guiding a lot a prospective Canadian students on this forum.
When I saw your profile, I wasn't surprised in the least bit to find you a straight As student. I wish you all the best and pray that all your visa formalities are completed asap.

On a separate note, Isn't there some option like a 'sticky' in this forum? This is present is several forums elsewhere on the internet. Any post which is helpful / informative for the general public can be set as sticky and its always present at the top of the forum. This way everybody atleast skims through it before posting his / her questions. This would greatly reduce the same questions being asked again.

Also I have noticed that people here 'hijack' each other's thread and ask start asking questions in someone else's thread. This is not good etiquette, but I guess this would be difficult to implement. Are there no moderators on this forum for such issues?
Thanks for the compliments :)

It is not available in International Students section. It would have been helpful had that option was present.

samisamisalama

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
06-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2012
Jojii said:
Very well said Inam !!

Me too

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
wajahat.ali said:
Thanks Buddy

Can you tell me what are the advantages to add details on this forum ?
It helps, other members who are waiting for replies from CHC, to know about the rate and trend of visa issuance.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
cheif said:
ANY UPDATE??????
I am also waiting to hear from someone about update, looks like nothing so far :(