+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application status change and New Biometrics section

kbis4380

Jul 31, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have been a longtime lurker and have been vehemently following all the great advice of the forum for each step of my EE/FSW application. The forum has been a great help in my journey!

As for my inquiry, my application status went from "Submitted" from last night to "Profile/Application updated" this morning even though I did not notice any change and then shortly after went back to "Submitted" again.

Fast forward 6 to 8 hours, I check the application again and I see that a new section for Biometrics has been added asking for the following information:

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:
Did any one else experience this in the last couple of days? What does this mean for my application status?

Could anyone also comment what stage of the application process I am in? I tried to figure out following the other threads but I am unsure.
  • Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents Not applicable.
  • Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Just some information about my application:
AOR: 12/02/2018
LVO: Sydney
Residence Address: Australia
Nationality: Bangladesh

Thanks in advance for all the help and apologies in advance for the long post.

Reactions: jackan

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
I didn't have the "Profile/Application updated" thingy but even my application information also shows the mentioned changes! Think its just an additional section/column for the new application format. NO slot to enter any information from the applicant. Only new applicants from select countries need to submit the biometric information as per the CIC site.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbis4380

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Starting from July 31st, applicants from Asia, Europe and Africa have to submit their biometrics. I believe this applies to you.

Reactions: kbis4380

saad.ahmed1816

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
My application was submitted on 5th july and when i checked today it is also showing new biometric section although i havent received any new message in my inbox. Am i right in assuming that if i get a mesaage for biometric then i have to get it and only then

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have been a longtime lurker and have been vehemently following all the great advice of the forum for each step of my EE/FSW application. The forum has been a great help in my journey!

As for my inquiry, my application status went from "Submitted" from last night to "Profile/Application updated" this morning even though I did not notice any change and then shortly after went back to "Submitted" again.

Fast forward 6 to 8 hours, I check the application again and I see that a new section for Biometrics has been added asking for the following information:

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Expiry Date:
Did any one else experience this in the last couple of days? What does this mean for my application status?

Could anyone also comment what stage of the application process I am in? I tried to figure out following the other threads but I am unsure.
  • Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The 2 events are not linked.
The biometric addition is a result of system update that took place yesterday. this has happened to everyone.

The update in your status is a "ghost update" if none of the status has changed. This is usually good news and is followed by PPR, or in rare cases an ADR. From your status it seems that you are at IP2 stage with your ADR already reviewed and accepted.
Best of luck.

Reactions: yiming and kbis4380

kbis4380

Jul 31, 2018
My application was submitted on 5th july and when i checked today it is also showing new biometric section although i havent received any new message in my inbox. Am i right in assuming that if i get a mesaage for biometric then i have to get it and only then
I believe you are right. Unless and until we get a message/letter saying that biometrics need to be provided, we cannot give them to the visa centre as they will not allow you to do so without a letter from authorities. Lets wait and see what happens

kbis4380

Jul 31, 2018
The 2 events are not linked.
The biometric addition is a result of system update that took place yesterday. this has happened to everyone.

The update in your status is a "ghost update" if none of the status has changed. This is usually good news and is followed by PPR, or in rare cases an ADR. From your status it seems that you are at IP2 stage with your ADR already reviewed and accepted.
Best of luck.
Thanks a lot Nabs17 for the info. I am keeping my fingers crossed for some good news real soon.

Brunanurb

Dec 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Expiry Date:

Can u say to me what happened after in your case? I am in the same situation

Cananm

Mar 7, 2019
Hi all,
I got the BIL today March 07, and my status shows following things.
Planning to submit bio-metrics tomorrow, how long does it take from here, to get the PR.
Anyone in the similar situation..!

I am Indian passport holder but currently residing in USA, AOR : Jan 25th, 2019.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Rajagrapher

Oct 26, 2018
I provided my Bio Metrics almost a month back and still the status of the application is "Your action is Required".

We got the new section at the top right of the application updated the day when bio metrics were given:-

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrollment:
  • Expiry Date:

The individual statuses still shows:-

• Biometrics: We need your fingerprints. Please check the messages below.
The messages are actually the bio metrics request letters.

Anyone with the same situation and is updates of the top right corner only good or should we contact CIC regarding this?

Manan Parikh

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Hi all,
I got the BIL today March 07, and my status shows following things.
Planning to submit bio-metrics tomorrow, how long does it take from here, to get the PR.
Anyone in the similar situation..!

I am Indian passport holder but currently residing in USA, AOR : Jan 25th, 2019.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
what is the update on your case? did you get your PPR request? if yes then on which date?