+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Stages + What They Mean (MEP, IP1, IP2, Ghost Update...) - Version 2019

miladirani

Jan 3, 2019
Looks like you will be getting your COPR soon. I am also an Inland CEC applicant with AOR as 20-Dec-2019. I got my COPR yesterday.
I got the same Ghost update on 26th-May and yesterday it was the day :)

So this is how it happened:

1) AOR - 20th-Dec-2019
2) Medical passed - 7th-Jan-2020
3) Biometrics Completed - 13th-Jan-2020
4) Dead silence till 25th-May-2020
5) Ghost Update - 26th-May-2020
6) COPR - 10th-June-2020

Upon checking all the steps in my account, "Review of eligibility" and "Background check" were the 2 steps which got updated on 25th-May-2020 (and hence a ghost update next day)

You know what's the best part, On COPR letter, its written "Congratulations you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada". (looks like they are overlooking few intermediate steps these days for inland applicants)
You just need to send 2 photos after getting COPR (this is what I am doing today).

Once you are at this step, contact me; I will tell you the process to track your PR Card* status updates within your account itself. (*this is different from your "Permanent Residency" application type)

HI,
I just saw COPR status in my account. I just wanted to know that will CIC mail physical COPR ? and I will appreciate it if you explain the next steps.
Best,

subramani_vs

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Feb-2017
I received an email from CIC stating your application status has changes. But when i open i don’t find any changes. What does it indicate?
I haven’t received any ITA yet.
Its a ghost update. What is your stream and AOR?

Ask_me_007

Jun 11, 2020
HI,
I just saw COPR status in my account. I just wanted to know that will CIC mail physical COPR ? and I will appreciate it if you explain the next steps.
Best,
No, CIC will not mail hard copy of COPR.
Copy pasting my response from a different conversation.

Hey Hi

How long does it take time to get my PR card?
Reply : I heard that its taking close to 3 months these days to get the PR card. I sent COPR letter with photographs on 13th-June-2020 and haven't heard back anything yet*

*Today I received a ghost update on "Permanent Resident Card" application type. This is a different application type that you need to add manually in your profile. This application type tells you what is happening with your PR card.

Do I need to be presented in special office for landing?
Reply : I guess these days COPR letter reads "you are now a permanent resident of canda". Isn't it the case with you?
If this statement is writtent in your COPR letter then you do not need anything post sending photos to them.

How can I follow up my PR card?
Reply : to add this PR card tracking in your profile :

Step 1) Log into IRCC account and be on "account home"
Step 2) you will see a hyperlink " Add (link) your application to your account" just beneath of your applications.

the whole sentence looks like this :
"Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online. "

Step 3) Click on the above mentioned url and select "Permanent Resident Card" in "What program did you apply for?" Category (required)

Step 4) In next option "Application details Please select one (required)" : select last option from dropdown i.e. "Unique CLient Identifier (UCI) and family name" and fill the applicable fields below

Step 5) Click on "Search for my applicatoion" button and confirm to add.

a new application type will be added in your profile where you can track your PR card's progress. You do not get email updates for this application type, so you need to login and check.

If you feel that something is not clear; drop me your number and I will call you.

Thanks,
Lalit

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hi,
AOR: 10th Jan
Medical Passed: 25th Jan
RPRF Request: 5th March
Got first ghost update today.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Great information!

Thank you!

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Hello! I received my CoPR on August 14th thru GCKey. However, there is no CoPR for my wife yet. I included her in my application as my dependent of course. The status on ECAS says "Complete" but on GCkey, still processing. When should we receive her CoPR? Anyone pls? Thank you!

olufisayo77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello! I received my CoPR on August 14th thru GCKey. However, there is no CoPR for my wife yet. I included her in my application as my dependent of course. The status on ECAS says "Complete" but on GCkey, still processing. When should we receive her CoPR? Anyone pls? Thank you!
Are you in land or out land , when did you get and submit your passport, is your wife in same location with you

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Are you in land or out land , when did you get and submit your passport, is your wife in same location with you
Thank you for the reply. IRCC did not request for our passports due to Covid 19. They just sent me the CoPR letter right away on August 14. My wife and I are in Canada, we live together, of course.