+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent in Feb 2013, who already received the acknowledgment letter?

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I received a letter today (dated Nov 7th) to write the test on November 23rd. Below is my timeline, and I don't see any updates on e-cas regarding the test yet. My file was transferred to Mississauga on September 19th.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 18, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on May 3, 2013.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amazing. Almost two months since transfer to local office. Good luck :D

YYZguy416 said:
I received a letter today (dated Nov 7th) to write the test on November 23rd. Below is my timeline, and I don't see any updates on e-cas regarding the test yet. My file was transferred to Mississauga on September 19th.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 18, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
YYZguy416 said:

So happy for you! Congratulations! :) E-cas is usually updated on the 2nd or 3rd date after the CIC adds updates to your file. Was it email or regular mail?

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Thank you Suin. I think it will be your turn very soon :)

Thanks farrous!

Suin said:
So happy for you! Congratulations! :) E-cas is usually updated on the 2nd or 3rd date after the CIC adds updates to your file. Was it email or regular mail?

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
YYZguy416 said:

I am speechless :eek: Congratulations, very happy for you. I guess 2012 applicants are stuck for good, so disappointing :-(

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Thank you and sorry to hear that. What's your local office and timeline? I hope you see a progress in your application soon.

Yolka said:
I am speechless :eek: Congratulations, very happy for you. I guess 2012 applicants are stuck for good, so disappointing :-(

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
YYZguy416 said:
Thank you and sorry to hear that. What's your local office and timeline? I hope you see a progress in your application soon.
I applied in May 2012 and saying the truth I am not very sure now which local office I am with. I was told before that my file was transferred to Scarborough (in April) and recently was told that it is at St.Clair's (have no RQ)! I think I am giving up on checking my application process as it is very stressful. I am hoping for a test invite soon, will just wait :) patiently ::)

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
Yesterday my sister received the letter to appear for the test on the 25th of Nov. She sent her application in Dec 2012 and the CIC started processing her application in Feb 2013. She checked her ECAS status and the test was there.

That's amazingly fast from Montreal's office!

Two things that makes me wonder:

1- The letter was sent on Nov 6th and she received it on Nov the 8th. 2 days! and the ecas gets updated super fast. Other applicant's ecas don't get updated that fast.

2- Our friend who applied about 3 to 4 months before she did didn't get anything yet. Natha!

Anyways I am super happy for her ;D and we are hoping for the best. I will keep you posted on what happens after the test.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Folks, my application was transferred to my local office on the last week of October. Does anybody know approximately how long it takes to get an invitation for test from the local office? My local office is Vancouver and presumably, they take longer than their counterparts in the east.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you call to CIC to inquire about transfer?

I guess u should start reading discover Canada booklet (it may take at least 2 months to get test invite).

jrseee said:
Folks, my application was transferred to my local office on the last week of October. Does anybody know approximately how long it takes to get an invitation for test from the local office? My local office is Vancouver and presumably, they take longer than their counterparts in the east.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Simkr said:
Did you call to CIC to inquire about transfer?

I guess u should start reading discover Canada booklet (it may take at least 2 months to get test invite).
Yes, I called in last Friday to know the status of my application.
If it takes around two months to get an invitation, then probably I should start opening the book. One of my friends in Vancouver actually got his oath done in 10 months from the date of application, the fastest I have seen in Vancouver. Although I know each case is different but still hopeful :)

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same boat as u (last week my file was transferred to my local office). i should start reading as well..

jrseee said:
Yes, I called in last Friday to know the status of my application.
If it takes around two months to get an invitation, then probably I should start opening the book. One of my friends in Vancouver actually got his oath done in 10 months from the date of application, the fastest I have seen in Vancouver. Although I know each case is different but still hopeful :)

zawaar

Nov 16, 2011
Simkr said:
I am in the same boat as u (last week my file was transferred to my local office). i should start reading as well..
My file was transferred to local office in July but no update so far :'(

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my timeline:

- Application received on April 03, 2013
- Study book was send on April 03, 2013 (Consider Delay) which I received on Mid of August I don't exactly remember the date.
- Start processing on June 18, 2013
- Citizenship Test letter was sent on October 2, 2013 and Citizenship test on October 21, 2013
- Letter received on November 4, 2013 saying that Oath Ceremony on November 25, 2013

I hope this will give some good hopes to people who are waiting.

Thanks

jess57

Dec 4, 2010
Aamir89 said:
Here is my timeline:

- Application received on April 03, 2013
- Study book was send on April 03, 2013 (Consider Delay) which I received on Mid of August I don't exactly remember the date.
- Start processing on June 18, 2013
- Citizenship Test letter was sent on October 2, 2013 and Citizenship test on October 21, 2013
- Letter received on November 4, 2013 saying that Oath Ceremony on November 25, 2013

I hope this will give some good hopes to people who are waiting.

Thanks
Super fast!! Where are you?