+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent back because of missing document

Lolopizzo

Feb 1, 2020
Hi we applied in March, due to covid they just finally looked at our application. We were missing a document and they sent back the application...we are including the new document and filling out everything again and sending the application back.

With that being said, some of our supporting documents have stamps with dates like “bank information” and employment letters. Since we applied in March, the dates are from then and February. Do I have to get new versions of all these supporting documents with new dates to submit with the package or can I use the ones I have already?

Thanks

Reactions: San5582

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Hi we applied in March, due to covid they just finally looked at our application. We were missing a document and they sent back the application...we are including the new document and filling out everything again and sending the application back.

With that being said, some of our supporting documents have stamps with dates like “bank information” and employment letters. Since we applied in March, the dates are from then and February. Do I have to get new versions of all these supporting documents with new dates to submit with the package or can I use the ones I have already?

Thanks
I think it's best to submit updated documents. What was missing?

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020

Thanks
That’s 7 month old data (signed), so provide IRCC your information as per the time you decide to submit a new application. Don’t forget to use the new version of forms, if available.
There would still be some items that you can reuse in your new application from the old one.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Thanks
Personally, unless it is an easy process to get the new bank and employment docs I would use the old ones, attach a letter saying they are from your first submission and you can provide updated ones if they want you to. I used an employment letter that was a year old with no problem. The other CIC forms definitely check for the most recent ones before submitting it.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Personally, unless it is an easy process to get the new bank and employment docs I would use the old ones, attach a letter saying they are from your first submission and you can provide updated ones if they want you to. I used an employment letter that was a year old with no problem. The other CIC forms definitely check for the most recent ones before submitting it.
I agree with this.

Also, if your application was returned with an IRCC top-sheet with a checklist of missing items include a copy of that sheet at the top of your new application - it's a way to let them know you've complied with their request for the specified document. Don't want them sending it back for another reason not originally indicated on the checklist.

Lolopizzo

Feb 1, 2020
I agree with this.

Also, if your application was returned with an IRCC top-sheet with a checklist of missing items include a copy of that sheet at the top of your new application - it's a way to let them know you've complied with their request for the specified document. Don't want them sending it back for another reason not originally indicated on the checklist.
What about the police certificate of character. My husband is from Barbados. We have one dated February that was mailed to us. It has a stamp on it and is written in pen. We had to send fingerprints for it etc. It has no expiry date on it.

They have now changed the way they issue them. You can apply online now, no prints and they issue them in less then 24 hours. They only issue them by email now. I applied for a new one today and received it by email immediately but it looks completely different. It has no stamp but a QR code instead and of course is by email so it is not written in pen. Should I send both of them explaining that within the 7 months they changed the way they look and are issued or would that cause confusion.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
What about the police certificate of character. My husband is from Barbados. We have one dated February that was mailed to us. It has a stamp on it and is written in pen. We had to send fingerprints for it etc. It has no expiry date on it.

They have now changed the way they issue them. You can apply online now, no prints and they issue them in less then 24 hours. They only issue them by email now. I applied for a new one today and received it by email immediately but it looks completely different. It has no stamp but a QR code instead and of course is by email so it is not written in pen. Should I send both of them explaining that within the 7 months they changed the way they look and are issued or would that cause confusion.
Include them both with a note explaining this very change in process. You'll be fine.

Lolopizzo

Feb 1, 2020
Thankyou, I am going to do this, for some of the documents like bank statement.

Reactions: Underhill