+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned

manasrah

Jul 26, 2014
Hi,

I sent my family's citizenship application that I signed on Sept 17 and received by CIC on Sept. 22nd 2014.
However, the whole application package was returned to me as I and my wife didn't date and sign "the residence calculator" form printed from the internet.
My question is: Do I need to fill a brand new application and put a new date on it, or should I just date and sign the residence calculator form and send the whole package back as is.
Note: my child's application was returned as well with a note saying "Your application is complete, please re-submit with your family's complete application".

Thank you.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sign it , date it and resend it. good luck

manasrah said:
Hi,

I sent my family's citizenship application that I signed on Sept 17 and received by CIC on Sept. 22nd 2014.
However, the whole application package was returned to me as I and my wife didn't date and sign "the residence calculator" form printed from the internet.
My question is: Do I need to fill a brand new application and put a new date on it, or should I just date and sign the residence calculator form and send the whole package back as is.
Note: my child's application was returned as well with a note saying "Your application is complete, please re-submit with your family's complete application".

Thank you.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manasrah said:
Hi,

Thank you.
yes for your kid its complete but they need to send it back to you coz you applied as a family. this happens to me as well, my aps is incomplete while my husband is complete. I just tick the covering letter send by CIC to us and send it back attaching the missing documents, Never change anything just sign and send it back to them

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
manasrah said:
Hi,

Thank you.
Just sign it and put current date, you will be fine. Good luck.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
See the part in bold below and here is the link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

What happens next?
The calculator will tell you if you meet the residence requirement.

•If you meet the residence requirement, you can print the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults. If you attach a copy, you do not need to fill in sections 6(A) and 6(B) of the application. Simply check the option 'Online Residence Calculator' in question 6(H). Make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same.

•If you do not meet the residence requirement, the calculator will give you a date when you should be eligible to apply. You can print the results for your records. When you are eligible to apply, you should redo the calculation before sending in your application. Your circumstances might have changed. For example, you might have more absences and this could impact your eligibility.