+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Returned - Physical Presence

canada449

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
The date of approval as a protected person should not be the hearing date. This is supposed to be the date when you received the official communication about the decision after the hearing.

I called IRCC to ask my date of approval of protected person status. I gave my UCI and they told me that my protected person status date is effective from the date I had the hearing, not to date of the letter. The agent gave me the exact date of my hearing as an effective date of protected person status approval.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I called IRCC to ask my date of approval of protected person status. I gave my UCI and they told me that my protected person status date is effective from the date I had the hearing, not to date of the letter. The agent gave me the exact date of my hearing as an effective date of protected person status approval.
Hmmm.. That's interesting. Others have received different information on this answer. I personally don't trust the help desk for anything but the most basic questions.

canada449

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Hmmm.. That's interesting. Others have received different information on this answer. I personally don't trust the help desk for anything but the most basic questions.
Agent was directly told me that date, I did not even say the date of my hearing and she was certain about that. I only gave my UCI number. Did others you know call the IRCC to ask that date and received different date from the agent? In that case I guess there is no fixed date for that and may depend on the IRB officer that sends decision to IRCC to update on their system. It is so confusing as some say it is date of the letter and some say date of the hearing. I will try the date agent told me and see if that works. I have seen it worked a few person on this forum.