+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned due to incorrect photo size

ulsterman82

May 24, 2014
hi,

Just had my application returned due to incorrect photo specifications.

I measured them and they are 2mm too wide. The chin to crown is within limits. Do they actually return the photos if the photo is too wide instead of trimming themselves?

Feeling really annoyed not sure to be angry with the photo shop or the over zealous officials!

Thanks

frange

May 25, 2018
hi,

I measured them and they are 2mm too wide. The chin to crown is within limits. Do they actually return the photos if the photo is too wide instead of trimming themselves?

Feeling really annoyed not sure to be angry with the photo shop or the over zealous officials!

Thanks
Yes, they do if they don't meet the criterias. Where did you do yours? with an accredited photographer or by yourself?

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I had the same issue with my PR card renewal application. Its photographer's fault.

Had him to do it again for free.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
hi,

Thanks
How long did it take for them to return you application?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hi,

Thanks
Unfortunately it is the photoshop's fault in this case. Nothing to do with an over zealous agent. Photo specs are there for the photoshop's to follow. I was worried about my spouse's photo as well. The photo size and image size were correct but the edges doesn't seem have a clean smooth cut. It looked it they pressed it against edge and tear it along instead of cutting it properly or the blade was dull. I thought they may return it due to poor cut. So far it has not been an issue since the process is almost complete. Oath in 3 days.

ulsterman82

May 24, 2014
Unfortunately it is the photoshop's fault in this case. Nothing to do with an over zealous agent. Photo specs are there for the photoshop's to follow. I was worried about my spouse's photo as well. The photo size and image size were correct but the edges doesn't seem have a clean smooth cut. It looked it they pressed it against edge and tear it along instead of cutting it properly or the blade was dull. I thought they may return it due to poor cut. So far it has not been an issue since the process is almost complete. Oath in 3 days.
Thanks! Good luck with oath! Ive resubmitted the application, i will lose it if they have screwed up again!