+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned! Application fee was not accepted.

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

spa said:
lakersgo said:
So I did my homework on this forum and been told that it's ok to submit a certified check in US dollar. Well, guess what? They don't take it. So now I would like to ask those who apply within the US, which place, bank, financial institute, please be specific, that you went to to have a certified check, bank draft or international money order issued in Canadian dollar? For those who say any place will do it, how about just name one place in Los Angeles that does it?
I talked to Bank of America representative. He told me that they can issue a bank draft from Canada. The check will be in Canadian dollars and can be accepted by the department. You can pay in American dollars. It may take up to 2 weeks for them to issue the draft and also you have to pay a fee, $20 or so. That's it.

Another thing, there is an option to pay online for those who send applications to Sydney, Canada.

If anyone tried online option already can you confirm that it works?
You cant for FSW applications, don't confuse the Citizenship Sydney office with CIU Sydney

PMM
They give two options on their website: payment of immigration and cititzenship fees

"Please complete your application before paying the fees on the Internet.

We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.

Please select the required services:

Citizenship
Immigration"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

KSN

Nov 20, 2008
Here is the link to the list that CIC accepts for online payments. FSW in not included for online payments.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/ApplicationKits.do;jsessionid=118D507054A36B2751D522B3823394DA?list=imm

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
KSN said:
Here is the link to the list that CIC accepts for online payments. FSW in not included for online payments.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/ApplicationKits.do;jsessionid=118D507054A36B2751D522B3823394DA?list=imm

Can we pay for FSW in this category?

Other classes of applicants - Live In Care Givers, Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds, Canadian Experience Class

KSN

Nov 20, 2008
spa said:
KSN said:

Can we pay for FSW in this category?

Other classes of applicants - Live In Care Givers, Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds, Canadian Experience Class

I don't think so. If they would accept it they should have put FSW Category 1, 2 or 3. Also why would you take the risk since it is not clear if they would accept it? Get a bank draft, at least then you would be able to track if they deposited it. I did notice that from the CEC guide it does not mention online payment, however it is available to pay online. Again, for FSW if you are in Canada don't risk your application being returned by paying online. Also try emailing them and maybe you can post their response on this forum.

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Yes, I believe that they don't have online payment for FSW. Probably it is because this law when you have to send your application to Sydney first is kinda new. Who knows may be they will add this option on their website soon.

Also try emailing them and maybe you can post their response on this forum.
When I email them I get different responses all the time. Most of them say:

"We cannot offer counselling. Information is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

But sometimes I get very detailed answer to my questions. I think it depends on people who respond to this questions. Some of them are too busy or just don't want to spend time answering questions. Others seem to be generous and I sometimes get very good answers.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cajoejoe said:
PMM

I think you came to ur sense's thats what conversion is all about PMM ( you are right you save $23.00). Bulb light went on!!!! Horrray... as for why today sdate... I think the applicants NOT APPLYIN YESTERDAY or ^ years from Now..I can see another Light bulb POP UP soon as this one as well. Maybe get a crayon... Helps you with color of $$$ conversion no harm in learning new colors or "THINKING CONVERSION" or counting in new CURRENCY to pay for an application. Horray for you ..cheers :)
~j
When the instructions ask for Canadian funds though, you have to send Canadian funds. You can not convert and send a check in whatever countries currency that is equivalent to the CAD amount if they had asked for Canadian funds because if you did that, you would have the same experience as the original poster, they'd return your application because of wrong currency check.

Most banks can give you a bank draft in a foreign currency if you ask for it. Maybe US banks are not used to it but in my homeland it's very common and it takes a few minutes to print it out. Also, you never have to do your own conversion in this case. You have to pay the rates as posted by the bank and usually a processing fee too but they would give you a check with the correct CAD amount that you asked for.

hardtofind

Jan 30, 2009
I am stuck in the sme sitution...I need to send Canadian$ from US to Canada and no one seems t o know how!
Well I have talked to Chase bank and they are going to start a process on monday 2nd Feb and will give me a "foreign draft" which seems to be similar to a bank draft.Has anyone tried this option?

thanks

A

Albertagoverner

lakersgo said:
So I did my homework on this forum and been told that it's ok to submit a certified check in US dollar. Well, guess what? They don't take it. So now I would like to ask those who apply within the US, which place, bank, financial institute, please be specific, that you went to to have a certified check, bank draft or international money order issued in Canadian dollar? For those who say any place will do it, how about just name one place in Los Angeles that does it?

In pissed mode now.
Dear lakersgo:

I am very much sympathise with your situation. I know value of time. I don't why people advice when they have no knowldege. ALWAYS TAKE THESE PRECAUTIONS BEFORE ACCEPTING ANYBODY's ADVICE:

send an email to Buffalo or related consulate and get information from there.

Go to the travlex foreign exchange website (Find this in Google) and find thier centers in California State and Call nearest center and go there. They will give you 550 Canadian Dollar Demand draft in favor of Scotia Bank or any other canadian bank. The fees is 20 or 25 $ for this DD. The US dollar will depend according to the exchange rate of US Versus Canadian Dollars.

Send the FSW simplified application with CAD DD immediately. Then you will be fine.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
WARNING

payment methods are country specific

for example, in Hong Kong you just fill out a credit card authorisation form, job done!!!

please check the requirements in your in-country instructions, then you won't get caught out like Lakersgo did, and as for following advice from people like me??? read the official material instead...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp

dsenese

Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-02-2009
File Transfer...
03-06-2009
Med's Request
04-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
LANDED..........
29-05-2010
Send the check in CAD only - just as in the instructions

Wells Fargo
- cost me $15
- got it at the teller window of a suburban branch - any branch can do it
- took 15 minutes

dsenese

Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-02-2009
File Transfer...
03-06-2009
Med's Request
04-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
LANDED..........
29-05-2010
No

A Foreign Currency Draft - means a check not in the currency of the country where the bank is
A Bank Draft - is a check from the bank's accounts not your personal one.