+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected

peterabr

Jan 25, 2018
Hi,

I applied for the Permanent Residency via Express Entry. I provided all documents and submitted my application. However, my application was rejected, with the reason that I did not provide police certificate for the specific country, which is incorrect. My document checklist required to submit police certificate for 2 European Union countries and I provided both. The issue could be, that because both countries are part of European Union, I was given 1 police certificate showing no criminal records for both countries and I uploaded the same document for both countries. Is there a way how to contact CIC (I couldn't find any contact form regarding this kind of issue) and explain that I really provided all required documents, or I have to go through the whole process all over again? Thank you.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

I applied for the Permanent Residency via Express Entry. I provided all documents and submitted my application. However, my application was rejected, with the reason that I did not provide police certificate for the specific country, which is incorrect. My document checklist required to submit police certificate for 2 European Union countries and I provided both. The issue could be, that because both countries are part of European Union, I was given 1 police certificate showing no criminal records for both countries and I uploaded the same document for both countries. Is there a way how to contact CIC (I couldn't find any contact form regarding this kind of issue) and explain that I really provided all required documents, or I have to go through the whole process all over again? Thank you.
PCC is always specific to a country, did you not apply for each country seperately? which are these 2 countries and how did you get PCC?

peterabr

Jan 25, 2018
PCC is always specific to a country, did you not apply for each country seperately? which are these 2 countries and how did you get PCC?
Countries are Slovak and Czech Republic. Because European Union has shared criminal records registry, you can apply once and you will be provided with police certificate of the country where you applied (for me Czech Republic) and where is your citizenship (for me Slovak republic). So I applied once in Czech republic. The police certificate I was given literally says:

No criminal records in Czech Republic.

...some legal stuff...

No criminal records in Slovak Republic.

I applied for this police certificate document in government office and I had it officially translated and notary stamped and sealed.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Countries are Slovak and Czech Republic. Because European Union has shared criminal records registry, you can apply once and you will be provided with police certificate of the country where you applied (for me Czech Republic) and where is your citizenship (for me Slovak republic). So I applied once in Czech republic. The police certificate I was given literally says:

No criminal records in Czech Republic.

...some legal stuff...

No criminal records in Slovak Republic.

I applied for this police certificate document in government office and I had it officially translated and notary stamped and sealed.
If you see IRCC website, they have given instructions for both countries. Could you have not applied seperately in both the countries? As there are multiple countries in EU, but it does not necessarily mean PCC from one will suffice.

How to Get a Police Certificate - Czech Republic

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes

Name of document(s) to get: Extract from the Criminal Register (Výpis z evidence rejstříku trestů)

How to get a Police Certificate:
If you are a citizen of Czech Republic:
If you live in Czech Republic:
You should apply at any local or municipal authority office or directly at the Criminal Register office in Prague.

If you have a recognized electronic signature, you can also apply directly online to the electronic mailroom of the Criminal Register (this service is only offered in the Czech).

How to get a Police Certificate:
If you are a citizen of Slovakia:
If you live in Slovakia:
You should apply in person or through an authorized representative at any office of the public prosecution or any municipality with a Registry Office.

If you live outside of Slovakia:
You should apply at your nearest Slovakian embassy or consulate.

Auscan18

Mar 31, 2018
You must apply to each country. If you look on the CIC website it shows you where you are required to get your Slovak Police Certificate from and what type of Certificate and then it shows you one for Czech. Regardless of being in the EU you still require one from each country.

I’m in the exact same position, I need a Czech Republic one (lived there a few years) and an Irish one (lived there a few years.

My Czech one gave results for both Czech and Ireland, but I also had to request one directly from Ireland as per the CIC website.

Good luck, just get one from each country and you’ll be fine.

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
I had the same for Poland and the UK.
I requested the Police Checks individually from each country. UK showed me only UK criminal records check, the Polish one showed me 'not on Polish register' and showed UK criminality check.
Always be sure to have one directly from each country. Even though the Polish Cert shows me the UK records, I still needed one directly from the UK too.