+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Rejected (Police Certificate from USA)

chrisissac

Feb 28, 2019
Hi,
We received an update stating that our application is rejected due to the following reason:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: -

Police Certificate:
o The letter of explanation regarding the Police Certificate from United States of America you have provided with your application has been reviewed, however, with the absence of proof of submission for that Police Certificate, we are unable to determine that you made your best efforts to obtain the required document (attachments referenced in letter of explanation were not attached).

chrisissac

Feb 28, 2019
A brief history of what happened. My husband is the main applicant . He has an issue with excessive sweating of palms and as a result we are unable to get his finger prints captured with enough clarity for FBI processing. We have tried finger prints from 4 different sources (Biometrics office, ,Police station and also scan live). Each time we sent we received a rejection letter from FBI stating that the prints were not clear. We applied 3 times and 3 times it got rejected. After that we went to Chicago Police station and received a document stating When we applied for PCC through FBI, we got rejection three times because of the above reason. So we went an obtained a PCC from the Police Department of Chicago . In the documentation we combined a Cover letter explaining the reason along with PCC Chicago and also the 3 FBI rejection documents. Could you please advise what we could do further when we reapply again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A brief history of what happened. My husband is the main applicant . He has an issue with excessive sweating of palms and as a result we are unable to get his finger prints captured with enough clarity for FBI processing. We have tried finger prints from 4 different sources (Biometrics office, ,Police station and also scan live). Each time we sent we received a rejection letter from FBI stating that the prints were not clear. We applied 3 times and 3 times it got rejected. After that we went to Chicago Police station and received a document stating When we applied for PCC through FBI, we got rejection three times because of the above reason. So we went an obtained a PCC from the Police Department of Chicago . In the documentation we combined a Cover letter explaining the reason along with PCC Chicago and also the 3 FBI rejection documents. Could you please advise what we could do further when we reapply again.
The FBI cert is mandatory. You can't substitute it for a state PCC. You'll need to sort out a way to get his fingerprints.

rj16

Star Member
May 19, 2015
New Jersey, USA
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
My wife was in a similar boat, where her FBI application was rejected 4-5 times in 2 years. We then went to get the fingerprints through Identogo. They have a Fingerprint Card Service, where they scan the fingers electronically, and print them on FD-258 right there and then. You submit those cards to FBI. We got success using this method 2 out of 3 times. First time here fingerprints were accepted, but we didn't file the application in time. 2nd time they got rejected even using Identogo.

Third time when we used Identogo, I attached a letter of explanation to FBI, along with rejection letters from previous attempts. I mentioned that the fingerprints are necessary for immigration purposes. I'm not sure if the letter worked or the scan was better quality, that worked and her fingerprints got accepted. You may try to do something similar.

Here is the service we got from Identogo:
http://marketing-appserver-prod-alb-155151427.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/services/fingerprint-card

I know how frustrating this could get, good luck to you.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Many applicants get it right after the 12th time! You should've kept trying again and again until they clear out.
Unfortunately, I'm pretty confident they will specifically never let a missing US PCC slide if they actually need one... No matter what the reason is.
Try again and again until it goes through. Your experience is shared by many!