+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Rejected - please help

cal31

Feb 16, 2016
Hi everyone

I got my spousal sponsorship application rejected and sent back yesterday (after a month from when I sent it) My sponsor accidentally put his name in one tiny box on one of the forms instead of my name. The most simplest of mistakes and they sent the whole thing back.

Anyhow......fixed the error and want to resubmit but there is a few issues Im having. There is a NEW checklist and additional forms needed now i.e. police certificate and extra form. Im guessing I have to send these in now. is that correct? Or... can I send it in like before without all the new additional extras?

Also I sent the application on the 17th Feb when I was still on my work visa. My work visa has now expired in March and technically because they rejected the form im not in "implied status" anymore. Is there a way I can ask to be back in implied status so I can resubmit my application? I was told there is but im not really sure how and not sure how long this will take. I need to be back in implied status ASAP.

If someone can please offer helpful advice I would be very grateful. very stressed and worried here and desperate for a solution.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everyone

I got my spousal sponsorship application rejected and sent back yesterday (after a month from when I sent it) My sponsor accidentally put his name in one tiny box on one of the forms instead of my name. The most simplest of mistakes and they sent the whole thing back.

Anyhow......fixed the error and want to resubmit but there is a few issues Im having. There is a NEW checklist and additional forms needed now i.e. police certificate and extra form. Im guessing I have to send these in now. is that correct? Or... can I send it in like before without all the new additional extras?

Also I sent the application on the 17th Feb when I was still on my work visa. My work visa has now expired in March and technically because they rejected the form im not in "implied status" anymore. Is there a way I can ask to be back in implied status so I can resubmit my application? I was told there is but im not really sure how and not sure how long this will take. I need to be back in implied status ASAP.

If someone can please offer helpful advice I would be very grateful. very stressed and worried here and desperate for a solution.
Your application was not rejected, it was returned.

You need to resubmit it with all the new forms including updated checklist and submit PCC and Sched A along with it.

I believe you have to restore your status but will let someone else take that one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're now out of status in Canada since your application was returned. You'll need to apply to restore your status to visitor in order to get yourself back in legal status in Canada. Note that you must stop working immediately. You'll be able to start working again once the OWP is approved as part of your inland sponsorship application. So you should plan on several months where you will not be able to work.

Reactions: kcward7

cal31

Feb 16, 2016
I think I should already be in visitor status now. As I recently went to Mexico for a holiday in early Feb 2018 and because I have a new stamp in my passport I should still have 90 days from that stamp date as a tourist. Is that right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I think I should already be in visitor status now. As I recently went to Mexico for a holiday in early Feb 2018 and because I have a new stamp in my passport I should still have 90 days from that stamp date as a tourist. Is that right?
No. You had a work permit, so you did not enter as a visitor. Your status expired when your work permit expired.

When you re-submit your PR app, you can apply for Restoration as a worker with the OWP app. You will need to pay the additional $200 fee.