+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Rejected - Incorrect Police Certificate

hmalc

Feb 8, 2015
CIC aren't messing around.

I am from Australia. I've been working in Canada for 18 months on an IEC visa. I sent a CEC application through last year and missed the cap by 6 weeks. That hurt a bit. After licking my wounds after this first rejection, I got ready for the introduction of EE hopeful that I would eventually get an invitation. I finally did on March 20 and I dusted off my CEC docs and applied again. Submitted my app on 31 March.

A few days ago, after observing a lot of applications here being rejected for Police Checks for whatever reason I decided to look up Police Checks on CIC. For an Australian Citizen a standard police check is okay EXCEPT if you were a resident of Queensland or Victoria, where you need to get a history of your driving record. As a Queenslander, when I read that my heart sank. The stupidest thing is that I already have that document from my working visa application. I even submitted it to CIC back then too (God I'm dumb). So I immediately sent a case specific enquiry and attached the document with an explanation. I really wasn't too worried about it, I figured they might make a document request for it.

Literally 2 days later I get a CIC notification email. My heart starts beating super fast, this is the moment! Then I read the email saying my application is rejected for not including my traffic history. I honestly felt like I got punched. I sent another case specific inquiry asking them to please reconsider with the new document attached again. I doubt this will work but I guess it's worth a try.

I guess the moral of the story is don't mess with CIC. When you think you have all the documents together at last, check again. Then check on more time. Open up the site an read every publication there is on express entry.

I am lucky in that I have 5 months left on my visa. This should be enough time to apply again, hopefully.

Timeline:

ITA: 20 March
e-APR: 31 March
AOR: 31 March
CELPIP request: 2 April
Meds Done/Background in progress: 10 April
App cancelled: 15 May

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Launching an application with CIC is like taking a mathematics exam. If you do it right, you will get thru it.

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmalc said:

I am from Australia. I've been working in Canada for 18 months on an IEC visa. I sent a CEC application through last year and missed the cap by 6 weeks. That hurt a bit. After licking my wounds after this first rejection, I got ready for the introduction of EE hopeful that I would eventually get an invitation. I finally did on March 20 and I dusted off my CEC docs and applied again. Submitted my app on 31 March.

A few days ago, after observing a lot of applications here being rejected for Police Checks for whatever reason I decided to look up Police Checks on CIC. For an Australian Citizen a standard police check is okay EXCEPT if you were a resident of Queensland or Victoria, where you need to get a history of your driving record. As a Queenslander, when I read that my heart sank. The stupidest thing is that I already have that document from my working visa application. I even submitted it to CIC back then too (God I'm dumb). So I immediately sent a case specific enquiry and attached the document with an explanation. I really wasn't too worried about it, I figured they might make a document request for it.

Literally 2 days later I get a CIC notification email. My heart starts beating super fast, this is the moment! Then I read the email saying my application is rejected for not including my traffic history. I honestly felt like I got punched. I sent another case specific inquiry asking them to please reconsider with the new document attached again. I doubt this will work but I guess it's worth a try.

I guess the moral of the story is don't mess with CIC. When you think you have all the documents together at last, check again. Then check on more time. Open up the site an read every publication there is on express entry.

I am lucky in that I have 5 months left on my visa. This should be enough time to apply again, hopefully.

Timeline:

hmalc, so when you submitted your documents then you totally missed out that driver history doc. and of course there is no explanation letter attached with your documents at all I suppose ? But I guess at least CIC gave you a quick reject so you still have time to wait for the next drawing and submit it again. Good Luck to you

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So sorry to hear this :(

Why am I thinking that the application was rejected because you sent that email 2days earlier ( just thinking out loud, I'm not blaming you here)

hmalc

Feb 8, 2015
Ibyt said:
So sorry to hear this :(

Why am I thinking that the application was rejected because you sent that email 2days earlier ( just thinking out loud, I'm not blaming you here)
Haha that's an interesting theory. I don't think so but who knows? ::)

As I was reading these forums I saw that I made a few tiny mistakes. Not scanning my stamped passport pages for example. I guess I was in a rush to get it submitted. 3rd time lucky I think.

Reactions: shaizeik

hmalc

Feb 8, 2015
hope for the best said:
hmalc, so when you submitted your documents then you totally missed out that driver history doc. and of course there is no explanation letter attached with your documents at all I suppose ? But I guess at least CIC gave you a quick reject so you still have time to wait for the next drawing and submit it again. Good Luck to you
The worst part is that I have the traffic history document from my IEC application. It's even in my 'Visa Docs' folder :-\ :'(. It's okay I've already got another profile up and ready for the next ITA round.

caz1975

May 10, 2015
hmalc said:
The worst part is that I have the traffic history document from my IEC application. It's even in my 'Visa Docs' folder :-\ :'(. It's okay I've already got another profile up and ready for the next ITA round.
Hi All,
Thanks hmalc for sharing this info. I am in the same boat and submitted just an Australian police cert with my EE PR application, and after reading your post checked the website and yes indeed I have missed submitting the traffic history document. My problem is that my work permit has expired on 15th April (I applied for a BOWP on 7th April which is just "open" on my profile). So my question is, if my PR application is cancelled in the next couple of days (I submitted PR app in March so was expecting to hear something in the next week), what do I do then, can I submit a new EE profile (as I have a BOWP pending), or is the BOWP application void since the PR is cancelled. I have been here 2 yrs with a permanent job, and my spouse also here working with a permanent job (as a defacto attached to my original work permit). Do we have to leave ? Or get a visitor visa, apply for a new ITA and wait 2 months out of work until potential PR awarded ? I would appreciate any comments or help. Thanks, Caz

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmalc said:

Timeline:

I'm sorry and I know how does this hurt.. I have the exact same case, submitted my application last year and got rejected because of the CAP, then applied under EE, got the invitation on Feb 27th applied Mar. 26th and got the cancellation on May 14. However, my problem is a misunderstanding of a distance study time that was 6 months which I didn't physically lived in the States, but I've visited to take the exams!! It didn't occur to me that this might trigger thinking I was there hint they cancelled the application. I've submitted Case Specific Inquiry on May 15 with all the documents to proof that I was not in the US including my old passport with the 3 month visa during that time, letter from the university that residency wasn't a requirement. I hope this will convince CIC to reopen my application. But I heard it takes almost 20 days to know the result!!
I'm hesitant to create a new profile, but it seems this might be a back up. I have created another discussion for all those who got cancellation and submitted Case Specific Inquiry to connect and keep updating each other!

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
hmalc said:

Timeline:

Hi hmalc,
Did they said anything about the refund will they be refunding entire fees or just RRPF??

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
profK said:
Sorry! CIC new name is "Justice without Mercy"
Mercy is the suspension of justice. By definition, if you have mercy, it's not justice.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Thanks for sharing your experience. Feeling sorry for you...