+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected for PCC

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

My AOR was on 13 December 2017 and the application was rejected on 22 December 2017. The reason quoted was for the PCC not covering my entire period of stay in Malaysia.

I studied in Malaysia for 2 years from 2012 to 2014 for which I obtained a Good Conduct Certificate. I also visited Malaysia in 2010 for 7 days as a tourist and that period was not mentioned in my Good Conduct Certificate.

In this instance what should be done? Looking forward to your responses.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Create a new profile, get invite and apply again. CIC was right in cancelling your case. Your PCC did not cover your full stay as they mentioned.

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Create a new profile, get invite and apply again. CIC was right in cancelling your case. Your PCC did not cover your full stay as they mentioned.
Hi,

Should I reapply with the same PCC? As it is mentioned in CIC website, one has to provide PCC only for a duration of six months or more. Do I still need to apply for another PCC for a 7 day visit to Malaysia in 2010?

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Hi,

My AOR was on 13 December 2017 and the application was rejected on 22 December 2017. The reason quoted was for the PCC not covering my entire period of stay in Malaysia.

I studied in Malaysia for 2 years from 2012 to 2014 for which I obtained a Good Conduct Certificate. I also visited Malaysia in 2010 for 7 days as a tourist and that period was not mentioned in my Good Conduct Certificate.

In this instance what should be done? Looking forward to your responses.
Send them a letter explaining your circumstances. I am sure provisions will be made for you in your case. I would even explain that they don't issue good conduct certificates for tourist.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Hi,

Should I reapply with the same PCC? As it is mentioned in CIC website, one has to provide PCC only for a duration of six months or more. Do I still need to apply for another PCC for a 7 day visit to Malaysia in 2010?
Send a letter to CIC first before applying again. Explain to them that in 2010 you only spent 7 days as a tourist. Then you return in 2012 as a student. If you had lived continuously from 2010 then that would be a different case.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Why was CIC right? He didn't live there continuously from 2010. By your logic even if he a had only spent a day there in 2010 he would still need a PCC from that date. That couldn't be so. Stop giving people incorrect information.

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Send them a letter explaining your circumstances. I am sure provisions will be made for you in your case. I would even explain that they don't issue good conduct certificates for tourist.
Should I Send them an e-mail using CSE option?

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Should I Send them an e-mail using CSE option?
Yes you should. Ask them to re-consider their decision and then explain your circumstances. They're tons of threads on here that shows you how to go about this process.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Why was CIC right? He didn't live there continuously from 2010. By your logic even if he a had only spent a day there in 2010 he would still need a PCC from that date. That couldn't be so. Stop giving people incorrect information.
You need PCC even if you have spent six months cumulatively, not continuously.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

You are giving false hopes to OP that his case can reopened, and accuse someone for no reason.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

You need to get a PCC for those seven days too. They check time spent cumulatively. Check the link in previous post.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You are wrong. Many other cases like this where countries don’t issue PCCs for tourist or not continuous stays. Search the forum for once before giving false info.
That is a different problem. Rule is cumulative six months. OP first of all need not have submitted PCC with his application. He still submitted and but didn't cover his full duration which is obviously wrong.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/malaysia.html

How to Get a Police Certificate - Malaysia
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence?No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
OP, it's pretty clear that cic won't open the case as PCC is required for the full period of stay if you had stayed in a place cumulatively above six months after 18. You can create a CSE and try your luck if you wish. But creating another profile is a better and quicker option.

Just follow what is written here when you reapply..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/malaysia.html
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

mohkhairy7

Jul 1, 2017
Malaysian Certificate of good conduct does not state the period of stay in Malaysia!!! how was ur application rejected??

strange

kadeed

Sep 26, 2016
Malaysian Certificate of good conduct does not state the period of stay in Malaysia!!! how was ur application rejected??
I think because the issue date of his PCC letter was before his last trip and visit to Malaysia so they consider that it didnt cover the full time.

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I think because the issue date of his PCC letter was before his last trip and visit to Malaysia so they consider that it didnt cover the full time.
He clearly mentioned that he got pcc for 2012-2014
But not for 2010

So this rejection is only possible if dates were mentioned on his pcc
I think now Malaysia has changed the format and issuing pcc without dates