+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected due to Noc

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
hi, is experience gained for ACCA membership counted as relevant experience under NOC 1111 for express entry applicants? please reply!

kagarwal

Apr 24, 2018
Dear All,

I have Chartered Accountant and also have Bachelors Degree in Accounting and Finance.

I have work experience of 3 years in private banks in india within Internal Audit Department. My job description were as below:

· Conduct risk based internal audits of various units of the organisation independently by ensuring integrity and objectivity.
· Develop and execute a robust audit plan for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standard, relevant government statutes and regulation and banks policies.
· Formulate precise and inclusive risk control matrix post thorough walkthrough of all business processes
· Test internal controls to identify critical process gaps and evaluate its severity basis impact and likelihood
· Review standard operating procedure of the business units and provide assurance its conduct.
· Recommend best business practises post critically examining the root cause of issues identified.
· Deliver on time high quality audit report with comprehensive testing covering key risk (i.e Operational Risk, Credit risk et cetera) and regulatory obligations.
· Prepare presentations/dashboard for Audit committees and various management level committees.
· Review, test and implement internal audit software to ensure systematic audit closure and reporting.
· Regulatory submission of audit issues on timely manner.

Currently I have started my own CA Practice with work related to Tax and Financial Audits, Income Tax return filing, loan processing etc and have experience of 8 months.

My question to forum is whether my NOC falls under NOC 1111 or NOC 0111 category or any other? As my banking experience of audit was not restricted to only financial audits, it was more into process reviews of different operational departments of the bank.

Instinct50

Apr 24, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
Hi guys,
Please urgent help required. I have a bachelors and masters in Agricultural engineering. I chose NOC 2131 before ITA, Now i'm about to submit e-APR. Someone advised me to change it to 2231. I worked in a construction company for about 2 years, this is what my employer wrote in the reference letter given to me:
Position: Site Pupil Engineer
1. Undertaking inspections, data collection and supervising civil and building construction work which include; clearing, earthworks, concrete work, block work, interlocking stones etc.
2. Participating in project engineering reviews, studies and site investigations.·
3. Working closely with all levels of management, engineers and field operations staff.·
4. Reporting on work progress and ensuring compliance with all project procedures and requirements.
5. Assist in preparing bids for tenders.·
6. Attending site meetings.

Please I would be grateful to get a response.
Thanks alot.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Contrary to this, IRCC did advise me on my NOC. Along with my email, I have listed down the job descriptions which were stated in my certificate of employment, the course I have studied and my ECA result. They replied but stated that they cannot find an exact NOC and requested for the type of industry I work in and the minimum qualification required to be hired. After that, they advised the NOC but with the general disclaimer that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate NOC code is each individual's responsibility. However, the NOC that they have advised doesn't really tally with my job descriptions. In the end, i decided to follow the NOC which most likely resembles my JD. Crossing my fingers that I did the right thing..
Hello..
Congrats on getting PR...
May I ask where did you send this mail and got such detailed reply? Can you share mail id?
Thanks.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Probably you mean ESDC advised you ... (not IRCC). ESDC is the acronym for the new name, Employment and Social Development Canada - formerly HRSDC (as reflected in the the email address).
Hello @jes_ON ..
Can you share mail id from where I can obtain some advise about NOC?
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Reactions: Shubhdeep1994

gudboy88

Nov 19, 2017
Bengaluru
Category........
FSW
Hi All,
Request your assistance in selecting the correct NOC for the below jobs and responsibilities.
I work for an Investment bank as a Senior Associate. I have narrowed down to 1112 however the duties stated in CIC do not entirely match:

• Involved in daily accounting & reconciliation for APAC, EMEA & North America based mutual fund clients between asset mgr firm & custodians
  • Calculation of discrepancy in corporate action events, shares entitlement, pricing and liaising with custodians and brokers on discrepancies in corporate action events
  • Investigating the exceptions outstanding and adjusting the same in internal records system
  • To create, maintain and update procedures for assigned funds
  • Assisting Portfolio Admin analysts & Managers in getting resolution on aged exceptions
  • Initiating weekly proof and control calls with onshore teams and providing the updates and resolutions on identified risk related exceptions
  • Verifying activities performed by team members and ensuring the output production meets quality standards
  • To identify efficiencies and areas for improvement to reduce risk and become more efficient
  • Perform daily day end QC check activities and ensure that any internal errors are captured and concerned reconciler is informed to amend the same in our records
  • Support training of new hires as necessary
· Responsible for clearing all outstanding breaks in nostro accounts

· Following up with clients as well as nostro agent banks for non-receipt of funds

· Coordinating with Confirmations, settlements and reconciliation teams over invalid deals, missed payments and duplicate payments done and resolving them until cleared.

· Preparation of MIS reports and End of day reports and communicating the same to the management and other teams in different hubs

· Processing payments missed by settlements team and also settlement of claim/interest/charges amount to clients via SWIFT and RTGS

· Passing ledger entries in order to clear the breaks outstanding in trading as well as nostro accounts

· Forwarding swift messages pertaining to FX/MM deals to the concerned teams for action

· Sending 199/299 swift messages to the counterparty for non receipt of funds and also to our nostro agent in cases where our account is not yet debited.

· Following up with the concerned teams involved in trade life cycle to ensure payments are done before currency cutoff in order to avoid any late payment charges/claim amount.

Ensure that no breaks are unresolved and to escalate the same to the management for further action

Divya1002

Oct 2, 2018
Sorry to hear that. I believe you could reapply with correct noc. Generally your noc needs to be closely aligned to what is given in noc website. If it's slightly varying, you need to tailor the responsibilities to be aligned with noc lead statement and duties. They don't discriminate based on noc. As long as it is in a, b or c, you are good and all applications get equal weightage in processing.

Did they give you a chance to explain or submit additional documents to prove your noc experience or rejected straight away? What is your timeline and stream ?

I Created EE profile and chose 2173 noc while making EE profile and got nomination from Ontario last year and that profile was active in pool for 20 days ?but later I realised and deleted that profile and created new And noc 1224.. mkt manager ..Since then I m in pool .. can choosing drastically wrong noc before ITA will effect my application? If cic checks old deleted profiles ? That was a drastic change in noc due to a mistake from software engineering to marketing manager … but I have not got ITA .. Can be a problem ?? Please please answer

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I Created EE profile and chose 2173 noc while making EE profile and got nomination from Ontario last year and that profile was active in pool for 20 days ?but later I realised and deleted that profile and created new And noc 1224.. mkt manager ..Since then I m in pool .. can choosing drastically wrong noc before ITA will effect my application? If cic checks old deleted profiles ? That was a drastic change in noc due to a mistake from software engineering to marketing manager … but I have not got ITA .. Can be a problem ?? Please please answer
No problem

Cjain

Jul 11, 2017
Hi All,
Request your assistance in selecting the correct NOC for the below jobs and responsibilities.
I work for an Investment bank as a Senior Associate. I have narrowed down to 1112 however the duties stated in CIC do not entirely match:

• Involved in daily accounting & reconciliation for APAC, EMEA & North America based mutual fund clients between asset mgr firm & custodians
  • Calculation of discrepancy in corporate action events, shares entitlement, pricing and liaising with custodians and brokers on discrepancies in corporate action events
  • Investigating the exceptions outstanding and adjusting the same in internal records system
  • To create, maintain and update procedures for assigned funds
  • Assisting Portfolio Admin analysts & Managers in getting resolution on aged exceptions
  • Initiating weekly proof and control calls with onshore teams and providing the updates and resolutions on identified risk related exceptions
  • Verifying activities performed by team members and ensuring the output production meets quality standards
  • To identify efficiencies and areas for improvement to reduce risk and become more efficient
  • Perform daily day end QC check activities and ensure that any internal errors are captured and concerned reconciler is informed to amend the same in our records
  • Support training of new hires as necessary
· Responsible for clearing all outstanding breaks in nostro accounts

· Following up with clients as well as nostro agent banks for non-receipt of funds

· Coordinating with Confirmations, settlements and reconciliation teams over invalid deals, missed payments and duplicate payments done and resolving them until cleared.

· Preparation of MIS reports and End of day reports and communicating the same to the management and other teams in different hubs

· Processing payments missed by settlements team and also settlement of claim/interest/charges amount to clients via SWIFT and RTGS

· Passing ledger entries in order to clear the breaks outstanding in trading as well as nostro accounts

· Forwarding swift messages pertaining to FX/MM deals to the concerned teams for action

· Sending 199/299 swift messages to the counterparty for non receipt of funds and also to our nostro agent in cases where our account is not yet debited.

· Following up with the concerned teams involved in trade life cycle to ensure payments are done before currency cutoff in order to avoid any late payment charges/claim amount.

Ensure that no breaks are unresolved and to escalate the same to the management for further action

Hi, did you apply for PR with this NOC and if yes, did you receive PPR. I kind of have similar roles and I'm too going with 1112.
Thanks

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Hello Everyone !

I have got my application rejected after 5 months and reason says action and job duties doesn't match the lead statement of selected NOC .

If i apply again can i change my employment experience letter as per new NOC or that cant be done as i will be entering my old profile details too ?

Last edited:

Joseph12

May 15, 2019
I'm in a similar problem. I feel that i have selected a wrong NOC but haven't received a rejection yet. what should i do? Ordered GCMS yes, it says eligibility not started. It has been 5 months for me too.

My question to you is, how were you notified about the refusal? you requested GCMS? or email?

Hello Everyone !

I have got my application rejected after 5 months and reason says action and job duties doesn't match the lead statement of selected NOC .

If i apply again can i change my employment experience letter as per new NOC or that cant be done as i will be entering my old profile details too ?

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Hi ..

Well, mine was a heart breaking experience I would say..We got informed at the last month hardly 20 days before 6months being completed. That time we were not aware about anything as such GCMS.. And when they asked to pay RPRF we rejoiced, thinking things are heading in the right direction. But the refusal we received was like any other message and email which would appear on your profile saying : We are sorry to say that your application has been refused as I am not satisfied that candidate has fulfilled m y expectation with respective NOC blah blah with their act/no: mentioned..

After surveying here ..I found some people saying, in middle of application when they felt their NOC was wrong the raised a request by contact web form and they changed it seems..I saw such replies for the threads in 2015-2016..As of now I'm not aware if the IRCC is that kind to do so..In some case I also read they reopened the case by changing the NOC but asked to pay the fee again ..