+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application refused.

AregD

Sep 19, 2018
Any advice is welcomed

I have applied for a work permit in scope of intra-company transferee and my application got refused with response:

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

How can i prove that I will leave after the end of the contract?
Any advise?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others will comment as well but maybe your sponsoring company for the ICT both in your home country and in Canada were not convincing enough in the application that the job role has a specific end date when you would be returning to your role in your home country.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
How was the company in your home country associated with the Canadian company? What position or specific knowledge were you bringing to the table?

AregD

Sep 19, 2018
How was the company in your home country associated with the Canadian company? What position or specific knowledge were you bringing to the table?
The company in my home country is the branch of company in Canada.
Not sure what they provided to get offer of employment number for ICT, but in my application there were no information about specific knowledge

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
When was the company in your home country set up? Was it set up so you could essentially immigrate (not a criticism, just a question)?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What position are you planning to assume in Canada and for how long? Is it a highly technical role or very senior management?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
It's a very technical - Principal QA Engineer.
But currently I'm at management position.
And are you assuming a senior management role in Canada or do you have specific product knowledge for a technical position that makes it impossible to find someone in Canada to do the job 9like someone already working for the company)?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
And are you assuming a senior management role in Canada or do you have specific product knowledge for a technical position that makes it impossible to find someone in Canada to do the job 9like someone already working for the company)?
ICT doesn't require LMIA anyways. So it is not required to prove that no Canadian was found to do the job with those skills. They goofed up his application with something probably.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They don't need to provide a LIMA, but they do need to prove he would be a significant benefit to the Canadian company whether a technical or Senior Management role...and only temporarily (this is where I think they screwed up and didn't justify a specific time frame for your transfer).

Reactions: scylla