28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
hey emaanabbas,

I have just submitted my application and I also have a brother in Canada.
The personal checklist provided on my case included proof of his current status in Canada as well as proof of our relationship.
Hopefully it was truly a mistake from them not to generate that document request and you can appeal =)
Keeping my fingers crossed for you..

Reactions: shaizeik

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
emaanabbas said:
No we did not, because there was no requirement under the document review in express entry.
Sorry to hear of this. You can appeal the decision if you believe that CIC made an error, but in this case, it sounds like the error was yours.

If you re-apply, please refer to this webpage - Look for the "Other Documents" section, and click on "Proof of relationship to relative in Canada, status of relative in Canada, and residence status of relative in Canada" to see the document requirements.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
thanuxxi said:
hey emaanabbas,

I have just submitted my application and I also have a brother in Canada.
The personal checklist provided on my case included proof of his current status in Canada as well as proof of our relationship.
Hopefully it was truly a mistake from them not to generate that document request and you can appeal =)
Keeping my fingers crossed for you..

May I know what is a personal checklist?

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
I am afraid I am the same situation.
I got a pnp and add 600 point, when I fill EE forms, it asked do you have a relative. I answered Yes,
But i never know it will claim points on this one, so I didnt provide any proof relating to this relationship.
I even don't know I am on what type? CEC? FSW? PNP?

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
diana0220 said:
I am afraid I am the same situation.
I got a pnp and add 600 point, when I fill EE forms, it asked do you have a relative. I answered Yes,
But i never know it will claim points on this one, so I didnt provide any proof relating to this relationship.
I even don't know I am on what type? CEC? FSW? PNP?

The relative is my aunt, who is my mother's sister

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emaanabbas said:
I received ITA in May 2015 and was Nominated by Manitoba as i have close family there. However, Express entry refused my application because gave me 0 points for Adaptability where as my spouse has 5 siblings living in Canada. Is there any way to challenge the decision?
Can you please supply the exact wording of your rejection letter? People are guessing what was wrong because we don't have their exact words.

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
diana0220 said:
The relative is my aunt, who is my mother's sister
Which Province nominated you and which category..?

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
diana0220 said:
May I know what is a personal checklist?
It is the list of documents required generated after you received a ITA

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
charger01 said:
Which Province nominated you and which category..?

Ontario, when I applied onpnp, I under CEC, but when I got ITA, i dont know which Category should I belong. So confused

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diana0220 said:
Ontario, when I applied onpnp, I under CEC, but when I got ITA, i dont know which Category should I belong. So confused
Have they already rejected you? Dont worry the province will transfer the points to your new profile as this is not that serious a mistake.

In case you got rejection, create a new profile, inform ontario about your situation and politely ask them to transfer the points and wait for the next draw which is more likely in week or so. Dont dishearten, one usually tend to make silly mistakes.

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
StAnger said:
Have they already rejected you? Dont worry the province will transfer the points to your new profile as this is not that serious a mistake.

In case you got rejection, create a new profile, inform ontario about your situation and politely ask them to transfer the points and wait for the next draw which is more likely in week or so. Dont dishearten, one usually tend to make silly mistakes.

No, I am current under backgroud check for about one month, and I am worried after saw this rejection reason.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diana0220 said:
No, I am current under backgroud check for about one month, and I am worried after saw this rejection reason.
How about you raise a CSE and send them them the requisite documents? I beleive that would be good headsup for them?. Write a gentle LOE admitting your mistake and requesting to consider your case. I am not sure about how the CSE process works, maybe someone in similar situation can guide you through.

I am still confused on why the system did not prompt you to upload these documents. Do you have snapshots of the personalised checklist?

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
thanuxxi said:
It is the list of documents required generated after you received a ITA

Do you mean the proof of relationship?
I click the question mark of the proof of relationship, there is nothing about need proof of my relationship with my aunt.
Do you case should exactly word about need proof relationship with you brother?
Thanks

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diana0220 said:
Do you mean the proof of relationship?
I click the question mark of the proof of relationship, there is nothing about need proof of my relationship with my aunt.
Do you case should exactly word about need proof relationship with you brother?
Thanks
Proof of relationship would be your aunt's and your mothers birth certificate showing common parents.

Proof of status would be copy of PR or passport(in case she is citizen of canada)

JoyceM

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got confused with this section since only the main applicant is asked if he has relatives but the spouse's section does not have this question and our relative is my spouse's brother..so what we will do is upload the documents in the LOE field and explain that there is no upload field for spouse's relative... hope it works