+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application questions, after trying myself...I need help......

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Okay, so you guys were totally spot on with this lawyer. In the original email/conversation between him and I he mentioned it was $1500 for EVERYTHING. Well after speaking with him on the phone he said No, that's not the case. I decided against a lawyer at first, then tried the paperwork with the hubby, he was concerned and decided he wanted the lawyer. After the conversation today between the lawyer and I....I spent most of my evening filling out the paperwork and I have to say I kicked some ass! Although I do have about 10 billion questions on things I do not understand I feel like I am doing the right thing without the lawyer and asking the people who've actually had to fill it themselves! So here goes!!!

-My husband was married before, on the paper work do I use her maiden name or her current name (same as him. Yuck, lol)

- In the start of the app it asks how long the prior(between him and ex) relationship lasted and began. Do I put their married date and divorce date or do I put in the separation date?

-What is the Option C form from Canada Revenue Agency and why does he need it?

- I put his two children under financial responsibility(for him) even though they currently do not live with him, correct?

- Under statutory declaration of common-law union, do I put my maiden name or married name? Because we were married in Ontario it takes about 10 weeks before you can apply for your certificate to change your name. That was on June 9th..... So all my documents say my maiden name, but in the next few weeks they will not.

- It asks if hubby is naturalized citizen, isnt that mean he was born as a Canadian? It asks when, do I just put his date of birth or check the NO box?

- Again with the ex wife thing, on the sponsor questionnaire it asks for her info once more-maiden name or married name?

- What is considered a national identity document? Could that be my social security or license?

- I have no dependents, which means I don't have to fill out the additional dependents form and can I remove the Dependent where it asks?

-I held a gov't position... with the Post office (i know, lol) what level of jurisdiction would that be considered?

- Does my hubby also need to fill out the additional family info sheet that I did as well?

- It asks about us visiting, give dates length of time etc... That's really hard to do since we've been doing it since 2007! Im not sure what to put there..I honestly don't remember dates....

- It also asks when the sponsor returned to Canada, but he still visits me.

- It asks if my sponsor is financial supporting me, we have a joint bank account-so yes he does. It asks how much a month, it's whatever I want to take out, or when I want to use my debit card, how do I put that into their terms?

- I'm not using a representative, do I need to fill out a form stating I am not using a rep or just leave it alone?

So far, these are my questions.... ANY of your help will be appreciated to the utmost extent, so far I have had the best luck with everyone here being so helpful! THANKS AGAIN GUYS&GALS!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Ok I will start..
An Option C is requested from Revenue Canada. He has to call them to request and they send it in the mail. It's a summary of your latest tax year.
I would advise removing your real name from your post.. I don't think it's a good idea. Unless it's a fake name, like Steph :p

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
1- Her current name, if you know it.
2 - Married and date on divorce documentation.
3 - It is a summary of his most recent tax return showing sources of income. It is used to verify that he is not receiving social assistance for reasons other than disability.
4 - Correct.
5 - You don't need this form, you are not filing as common-law partners, but as spouses.
6 - No, a naturalized Canadian is someone who became a citizen when they were previously citizen of another country. If your husband was born in Canada, the answer is NO.
7 - Whatever you used for 1. Be consistent.
8 - Neither, if you are American you don't have one, just leave it alone.
9 - Correct.
10 - Federal.
11 - No. Sponsor fills out sponsor forms, applicant fills out applicant forms. Double check the listing if you are not sure which is for whom.
12 - Explain that, just like you did here. Try to support that with passport stamps, if there are any available.
13 - Use the last day of the most recent visit, or explain that he is residing with you on a separate sheet of paper if this is what applies.
14 - Say yes, and explain on a separate sheet of paper, just like you did here.
15 - Leave it out.
16 - You're welcome. :)

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
CharlieD, you ROCK!
He was on unemployment last year, is this okay or is that going to be a big problem for us?
He also...never did file taxes last year-he still applies for the Option C correct?

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Oh, another thing- it asks about his parents.. Him and his father do not speak-we do not know where he currently is residing, should we attach a peice of paper and explain?

Renjdangol

Mar 15, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm so desperate to know the answers to my questions. Have visited Canada's consulate website but still confuse! Wondering if anyone out there who could help me. Sincerely appreciated! My questions are 1) is it possible for me up apply for a work permit in Canada while here as a tourist visa?2)same employer I have worked for 6 years in Hk brought me here as a tourist can he sign up for me as my employer here in Canada? Sponsor?3) do I have to go back Hk while waiting for the processing of my work permit?4)I only have 32units in university in the Philippines is it possible for me to enter live-in caregiver program?if the same employer brought me here in Canada? The cic link doesn't seem to answer all my questions. Many thanks :(

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Unemployment insurance is not social assistance/welfare, so no issues there.

He should apply for one just the same if he has say 2010 filed, and provide his most recent employment information, such as T4s, copies of most recent pay stubs (go back as far as you can, 12 months would be good if he has that many).

He also should get on filing his tax returns. It won't make a difference, it's just that I always tell people that, LOL.

Yes, explain about his father on a separate sheet of paper. Always explain if you cannot provide the full information they are asking for. Don't leave it for them to ask you about.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Thanks Charlie, so basically anything and everything about our lives should be mentioned?
Also, I plan on legally changing my last name to married name. When we file our app it will have my maiden name on it-is this okay or should I wait and put my married name down, or once again.. explain on a piece of paper?
You've been great help!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Mention as much as needs to be mentioned to support the inception and development of your relationship. How much is up to you, just make sure that a stranger reading it will have a good feel for how you came to be together and why you want to stay together in Canada and what future you are planning for yourselves.

When it comes to factual information, always explain if you can't provide everything as it is asked for.

Use whatever name is in your passport, so that it matches your application. You can submit a new passport after you have it changed, there won't be any issues with that (we did it).

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Can't thank you enough!!

Renjdangol

Mar 15, 2012
[/flash][/color][/move]
Renjdangol said:
Hi everyone! I'm so desperate to know the answers to my questions. Have visited Canada's consulate website but still confuse! Wondering if anyone out there who could help me. Sincerely appreciated! My questions are 1) is it possible for me up apply for a work permit in Canada while here as a tourist visa?2)same employer I have worked for 6 years in Hk brought me here as a tourist can he sign up for me as my employer here in Canada? Sponsor?3) do I have to go back Hk while waiting for the processing of my work permit?4)I only have 32units in university in the Philippines is it possible for me to enter live-in caregiver program?if the same employer brought me here in Canada? The cic link doesn't seem to answer all my questions. Many thanks :(

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Renjdangol said:
You are actually in the wrong section. Go to the Skilled Worker section and ask there. Here's the link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/

Good luck :)