+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application/profile updated in IP2 and then submitted now

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
Hello guys,

Hope you are good.

Please see the timeline for my application,

1. AOR - Oct 12, 2018
2. NA1 - I did not check the status in time but before Nov.
3. MEP - I did not check the status in time but before Nov.
4. IP1 - Around 15 Nov 2018
5. NA2 - I did not notice this status in my application, but the status is NA2 now for my wife and child.
6. IP2 - Around Nov 16, 2018.
The status keeps " We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information." after Nov 16, until now(Jan 15, 2019)
Yesterday I see the application status was changed to 'Application/Profile updated', but today it changed to Submitted again.

I do not have any news for the past 2 months like my application is in dilemma. What is the situation now? and what I can do for this? Do I need to order GCMS?

Best Regards,
matrix

Last edited:

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
I check my status on the IRCC website and check my email every day after Nov 15.
Last week I consultant the VFS Global and they told me my application is processed in Beijing Visa office, China.
I tried to send the email to Beijing consulate but they do not accept the visa status inquiry.
Have no idea how long I need to wait...

Last edited:

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
I find the information in Quora, " At IP2 stage, they check if you are a threat to Canada. This step generally takes 1 to 2 weeks, but if you are placed in security screening then it can take 1–2 months."
anxiety for this, am I in the security check step?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I find the information in Quora, " At IP2 stage, they check if you are a threat to Canada. This step generally takes 1 to 2 weeks, but if you are placed in security screening then it can take 1–2 months."
anxiety for this, am I in the security check step?
Those fake IP1/IP2 statuses are not reliable at all to determine what stage your application is at. They probably used to be relevant when express entry was created, but so much has changed since then, like the new biometrics requirements. Many were in "Not applicable" throughout the whole 6 months timeframe.
It could show that status while they have barely completed completeness check and medicals, without starting eligibility, criminality, let alone security...
If you want to know how your application is moving, get GCMS notes.

Remember, you are very likely to not receive any update at all after Medicals, up until PPR. So don't worry. You passed the first critical stages, your application is moving. You're barely past the 3 months mark, meaning 50% of the estimated processing time. Don't wait for updates, they most probably won't be coming now.

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
Thank you to replay, probably you are right, all these do not mean something happens.

I do not know what I can do, the company expects me to work in Canada in Oct 2018...

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you to replay, probably you are right, all these do not mean something happens.

I do not know what I can do, the company expects me to work in Canada in Oct 2018...
You mean 2019? Because you barely applied in October 2018... How can the company expect you to work at that same time ?

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
You mean 2019? Because you barely applied in October 2018... How can the company expect you to work at that same time ?
I mean Oct 2018, they consider this work visa will be approved very quickly, less in one month.
Because I already get the work permit in Sep.

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
Update today:

The status for the three visa applications is changed to 'Application/profile updated' today in the website, 17th Feb.
Do not know what happened. my wife and my child's applications were not changed since past 2 months.

Last edited:

Pak 7625

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
You can expect PR in the next batch of PR emails

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
You can expect PR in the next batch of PR emails
Really? Have you experienced this?

I guess they are reviewing our three people application, but could not be sure.

By the way, this is the second time I see my status changed to 'Application/profile updated'

matrixzero

Dec 18, 2018
All right, it is really weird. The status of the application changes to 'Submitted' again.
Looks like the status changed back after I log in my account, probably the embassy is working at this same time.