+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Processing Time Exceeded

Khulegt

Aug 27, 2018
Hello,

I applied for study permit online on June 26. It has been 2 months. I still have no update on the online application.

I opened a case (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp) and asked the estimated time for the application review since I must contact to my school in Canada and let them know if I can attend Fall quarter by August 28. However, the case reply was that my application is under review.

How do I know if at least someone is reviewing my application?
Since my country does not have application processing office, how do I know which country's office I should create a case for?
I also wonder if there is some technical difficulties which is causing the application reviewer see my application. Is there any other way I can communicate to someone on the phone to find out detailed information?

Thank you very much,
Khulegt

Khulegt

Aug 27, 2018
What does the status update say especially for Background checks?

Which country have you applied from?
Background check: Not Applicable.

I am applying from Mongolia and applied online.

Other status are: We are reviewing ...

When I created a case inquiry asking my application status and any update, they said my application is under active review. (Wondering if the replied person really can see which application reviewer assigned to my online application)

Also, seen some Q&A in this form. Taking more time with application might mean that the decision will be negative.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would contact your school and see if you can defer enrolment until winter. There is only estimates of processing times nothing is guaranteed.

Khulegt

Aug 27, 2018
Would contact your school and see if you can defer enrolment until winter. There is only estimates of processing times nothing is guaranteed.
Yes, did that. Only concern is that what if there is no update by Jan, 2019, until when I delayed my start.

Should I send paper application, too, considering how long the processing takes. In case, I receive no update on my online application, I might receive update on my paper application. Well, my concern is that if there is any case when online application is lost.

Khulegt

Aug 27, 2018
I would like to submit a case to the Visa Processing Office. How do I know which office is processing my application?

Reactions: jagann

jagann

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Hi any update ?
I applied my work permit on August
Still waiting for grant
Applied on aug 26 th With medical and Pcc done same time
Processing time 5 weeks
But it exceeded till now status showing in process