+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Process Query

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi All,

I am trying to help a family member to sponsor their spouse for PR. IRCC help page on the topic says there are 4 Steps and initial two steps are "Apply to Sponsor" and "Apply to be sponsored". My question is, are these two different applications? For example, First lodge "Apply to sponsor" and wait for the decision and then lodge "Apply to be sponsored"?

Or they both are part of same application and we submit everything together?

Thanks in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am trying to help a family member to sponsor their spouse for PR. IRCC help page on the topic says there are 4 Steps and initial two steps are "Apply to Sponsor" and "Apply to be sponsored". My question is, are these two different applications? For example, First lodge "Apply to sponsor" and wait for the decision and then lodge "Apply to be sponsored"?

Or they both are part of same application and we submit everything together?

Thanks in advance.
One application package, containing both.

The sponsor is approved first, because without an approved sponsor, the PR applicant can obviously not be approved.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html