+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application placed on hold after test completed

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys,
I see notes in my application says that my application is placed on hold on 15 July after I passed knowledge test on May 4 and background verification is completed. Prohibitions, physical presence and language assessment has not started yet. In notes, my application says it is a non-routine application. My application is in calgary office and location says, "Louise Truck - remote". Any other people in the same situation as its been a long time my application is in progress since Jan 2020.
I've got a couple of questions for you :

1. How do you know your application is on hold? Does it explicitly say anywhere your application is on hold?
2. Do you even see the words "non-routine" written explicitly on your GCMS notes? If yes, under what section do you see this?

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

newbie89

Jul 28, 2021
I've got a couple of questions for you :

1. How do you know your application is on hold? Does it explicitly say anywhere your application is on hold?
2. Do you even see the words "non-routine" written explicitly on your GCMS notes? If yes, under what section do you see this?
Yes, it says in the notes section that application is placed on hold and also whether it is routine or non-routine application in the notes as well

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Yes, it says in the notes section that application is placed on hold and also whether it is routine or non-routine application in the notes as well
You think that they are trying to determine if its going to be routine or non-routine?

whats your location?

newbie89

Jul 28, 2021
You think that they are trying to determine if its going to be routine or non-routine?

whats your location?
I am not sure what that means but it is written in notes that application is non-routine and location is Louise Truck - remote and primary office is Calgary

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
You answer is confusing. It supposedly says in the notes section whether it is routine or non-routine. Which exactly is it?
- does it say the application is routine?
- or does it say the application is non-routine?

Reactions: abrakadabra

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
can you tell what is the page number in your GCMS notes where it is mentioned your file is on hold ?

newbie89

Jul 28, 2021
why was it put on hold
It is in the Notes section that application is non-routine
Page number will differ for everybody
Both hold and non-routine are in GSMS notes section
Why was it placed on hold, i wish, I was the case officer, nothing mention of why it is placed on hold. :)

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Does this mean that test completed on new tracker not necessarily mean passed, and they may send you to do the test again?
Correct, But most 99% of cases, officers dont update the status to complete at all anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Why was it placed on hold, i wish, I was the case officer, nothing mention of why it is placed on hold.
GCMS notes are unlikely to reveal much. Very unlikely.

An applicant is far more likely to discern what is causing a problem by carefully and, most importantly, objectively reviewing the applicant's own application details, as well as the applicant's history, current situation, and other information related to who the applicant is and the life the applicant has been living.

Note: the reference to "non-routine" illuminates nothing. Applications do NOT have a "routine" or "non-routine" status. All a note referencing the application is "non-routine" means is that the agent making that note sees something has been done which is not something done to all applications. What matters is what that something is . . . or was. Once "non-routine," always "non-routine," even if whatever was done outside the regular stream of application processing was done in the past and is total history, and will have no more affect on how the application proceeds.

It is difficult to extrapolate much from references like "on hold" without more context, since there is such a huge range of possibilities. It could be something very simple, perhaps the processing agent has made a referral, posed an inquiry, and is holding the application waiting for a response before taking the next step; this could be of very little import and have minimal impact on where the application goes from there. It could be the processing agent had a concern, has flagged the concern for the responsible citizenship officer to review, and likewise the application is thus being held pending a decision by the officer; this could also be of little import and have minimal impact, but it could also be a fork in the processing-path where a decision is made (as just one example) to initiate RQ-related non-routine processing. Speculating is shooting in the dark wearing ear plugs and a blindfold. Context matters. The applicant's details matter. Note, for example, if the applicant is PR-refugee who has traveled to the applicant's home country, "on hold" could easily mean the applicant has been referred to CBSA to investigate reavailment.

That is, it could be near nothing, or something, or something big. If the latter, odds are very high the applicant already knows or could easily figure out what the issue is. Big problems do not sneak up on applicants.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Correct, But most 99% of cases, officers dont update the status to complete at all anyway.
I thought I am done with the test for good with it being marked completed, now I am worried something may have gone wrong on the test, especially the ID photo was blurry, and it's a possibility that they would send me again to redo the test :confused:

Last edited: