+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application placed on hold after test completed

newbie89

Jul 28, 2021
Hi Guys,
I see notes in my application says that my application is placed on hold on 15 July after I passed knowledge test on May 4 and background verification is completed. Prohibitions, physical presence and language assessment has not started yet. In notes, my application says it is a non-routine application. My application is in calgary office and location says, "Louise Truck - remote". Any other people in the same situation as its been a long time my application is in progress since Jan 2020.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi Guys,
I see notes in my application says that my application is placed on hold on 15 July after I passed knowledge test on May 4 and background verification is completed. Prohibitions, physical presence and language assessment has not started yet. In notes, my application says it is a non-routine application. My application is in calgary office and location says, "Louise Truck - remote". Any other people in the same situation as its been a long time my application is in progress since Jan 2020.
It doesn't say why it's on hold? Is your test marked as completed?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes, test is mark completed on May 4, 2021
Strange, especially the other three fields (language, prohibitions, and physical presence) haven't started. I would think they have issues with the test or/and background check, but these are completed. Maybe others have more to say on this

newbie89

Jul 28, 2021
Also, in notes on 20 April, it says this application has been scheduled for a virtual citizenship Event. Event information can be viewed in Events tab. but in the most recent notes, they put it on hold.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Also, in notes on 20 April, it says this application has been scheduled for a virtual citizenship Event. Event information can be viewed in Events tab. but in the most recent notes, they put it on hold.
When did you submit your application?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
AFIK test marked as completed means the process is complete. The results still to be checked. May be you get a retest .
What do you mean? Are you saying if a field is marked as complete it doesn't mean it's done and now the application is in the next step? There is sometime between doing the test and update it on the tracker as completed. During this time the official check the results and the photos. And if they validate the results, the test field updated to completed. This is my understanding. You are saying something else

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi Guys,
If your GCMS notes are saying that your Test is complete, It is marked as complete and passed.
Why your application was put on hold ... Only IRCC can answer this question.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
What do you mean? Are you saying if a field is marked as complete it doesn't mean it's done and now the application is in the next step? There is sometime between doing the test and update it on the tracker as completed. During this time the official check the results and the photos. And if they validate the results, the test field updated to completed. This is my understanding. You are saying something else
well there are people who got retest after they got completed. I guess it means the process of giving test is complete.

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Where in gcms hold is mentioned? where does it say the application is non-routine?
whats the test status? is it passed in gcms?

As rafzy said, did you call ircc to find out? if not call them today and ask if your application is on hold and if so ask why.

But as far as the progress speed is concerned, its a normal seed for some since many like me are just in the stage of test complete. So you can wait for 1-2 months and see if status/location changes.
If your GCMS notes are saying that your Test is complete, It is marked as complete and passed.
Why your application was put on hold ... Only IRCC can answer this question.
gcms will clearly say if its passed. mine say its passed, even though our online says its completed.

newbie89

Jul 28, 2021
it says test is passed but other three not started yet but in progress
IRCC call center says everything is good and office will contact me with next steps once they are ready

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
it says test is passed but other three not started yet but in progress
IRCC call center says everything is good and office will contact me with next steps once they are ready
We all, many are having the same. Those 3 mostly get done at the same time for most cases during the decision made stage by the officer.