+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application package sent to alternative address what now?

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me or shed some light onto what may happen to my application.

Last week I went to the post office (Canada Post) with my completed application, the address was written down on the front as "CPC-Mississauga, station B.. etc"

I'm sending the application for common-law sponsorship from within canada, I'm in Mississauga myself.

The man behind the counter was adamant that he couldn't find the post code and it was a P.O box and that my package wouldn't fit? I showed him on my phone the address in case I'd written a letter wrong. He said it just wasn't working..

So I frantically went on CIC website and found another address in Mississauga for "all other applications" and assumed it was also correct it is at "2 Robert speck Parkway etc.." and it got taken that night.

The next day I checked the tracking and it said it had been delivered to the mailroom.. I'm absolutely terrified my application has gone to the wrong department and I won't know anything!

I send a webform from IRCC but I'm just freaking out. Anybody have any idea what might happen or what I can do? Will they send my application back once they open it and see what it is?

Thanks for any advice!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Last week I went to the post office (Canada Post) with my completed application, the address was written down on the front as "CPC-Mississauga, station B.. etc"

I'm sending the application for common-law sponsorship from within canada, I'm in Mississauga myself.

The man behind the counter was adamant that he couldn't find the post code and it was a P.O box and that my package wouldn't fit? I showed him on my phone the address in case I'd written a letter wrong. He said it just wasn't working..

So I frantically went on CIC website and found another address in Mississauga for "all other applications" and assumed it was also correct it is at "2 Robert speck Parkway etc.." and it got taken that night.
You're fine, it was delivered. The difference is only that often couriers won't deliver to PO Boxes. Canada Post's courier service is schizophrenic, and not all the people at the counters know.

For CIC - post box is fine, it got there.

Reactions: peachybear

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
You're fine, it was delivered. The difference is only that often couriers won't deliver to PO Boxes. Canada Post's courier service is schizophrenic, and not all the people at the counters know.

For CIC - post box is fine, it got there.
Oh okay! Do you reckon they will forward it onto the right department, I don't know if there's anything to indicate it's for sponsorship? I think it's the same building just different area..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh okay! Do you reckon they will forward it onto the right department, I don't know if there's anything to indicate it's for sponsorship? I think it's the same building just different area..
It'll get there. I think it's one common mailroom but don't know for certain.

Applicants have had packages delivered to IRCC in different provinces just sent on internally, so the same building ism't going to be a problem.

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
It'll get there. I think it's one common mailroom but don't know for certain.

Applicants have had packages delivered to IRCC in different provinces just sent on internally, so the same building ism't going to be a problem.
I hope so! I just have no idea how I'd find out, I know they're supposed to email right? So I can link it online, but how long should I be waiting for that email, I wonder if I could call?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I hope so! I just have no idea how I'd find out, I know they're supposed to email right? So I can link it online, but how long should I be waiting for that email, I wonder if I could call?
You can freak out and call every day until you get notification, which will serve no purpose whatsoever.

Or you could just accept what we've told you: if it was received at mailroom, it was received.

Up to you.

peachybear

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
You can freak out and call every day until you get notification, which will serve no purpose whatsoever.

Or you could just accept what we've told you: if it was received at mailroom, it was received.

Up to you.
Yes you're right, I'm just totally overthinking and freaking out. I'll try to just relax ☺ thank you!

Reactions: armoured