+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application of Work Permit to Canada Issue.

balongskija

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
N/a
AOR Received.
13-03-2018
Med's Request
27-06-2018
Med's Done....
08-07-2018
LANDED..........
24-05-2019
Hello Everyone, I need a bit of a help or should i say advice/opinion.

I went to the US as a J1 visa holder dated: March 01, 2011 to March 01, 2012, tho my host company asked me to start a few days earlier before my start date, so I started February 29, 2011.

I found a different sponsor who offered me for a change of status from J1 (Intern Visa) to H2B visa (Temporary Seasonal Working visa). They filed my petition in advance before I moved to their host company. The USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) received my petition February 25, 2012 with the Expiry date of June 30 2012, so that's a few days before my J1 visa expires.

I moved to Atlanta and worked there under a new sponsor from February 22, 2012 without any approved working visa yet. So basically they allowed me to work even if my petition has no result yet. And of course, I'm aware that I shouldn't because that is of course against the law, but I had no choice since I want to earn so I could send something back home. So I worked for them for almost 4 months, I am honestly worried about my status that time coz of course I was working illegally, but my sponsor? they were deducting taxes from my salary, so look how smart they are, right? So yeah, those taxes were not included for my tax refund. tsk!

My contract to my new host company is only until June 15, so that's basically 15 days before my visa expiry date (June 30) if ever it was approved. So after my contract I moved to California to stay and wait for the result of my petition. But what I did was, I booked a ticket going back home dated June 30, so if ever the result of my petition was negative, at least I am already packed up and ready to go home. So the date came and yes the petition was still under initial review, no results yet.

And now I'm already home and still updating about my petitions result, and the result came out after 11 months, how cool is that right?? LOL And it was denied, I tried to consult to an immigration lawyer and he said, "the time I left the US while under a petition, that automatically abandoned the petition, so that's already a denial". So that gave me a thought that if I stayed and wait, it might have been a positive result, but it's ok.

And now the main reason about this post is, I have a job offer for Canada, and here are my questions:

- do you think what happened to me in the US will affect my application for a working permit in Canada?
- should i include that work experience under a new host company on my resume even if that was already working illegally ? (w/c i think the answer is of course NO..)

I'm open for any opinions or advices,, if you feel much comfortable . You can send me up an e mail : at balongski@aol.com or just post your comments too. Thanks a lot guys.