+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application of PGWP and SOWP together.

Alfaz

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Dear All,

I am in a bit confusion right now. I am in canada with SOWP and my wife has a status of student right now. My wife has recently completed her graduation and awaiting a transcript from her college. As per rules, she can not work fulltime unless she applies for her PGWP. She also has a skilled job offer but right now she is not working as we are waiting for her transcript and then application to her PGWP.

My question is, Once we receive the transcript from her college, can we apply PGWP and SOWP together? Ofcourse we do not have 3 paystub ready because she can't work right now but we can start working on the day of PGWP application. Both of ours visas are expiring on July 30,2018.

Awaiting your valuable input.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear All,

I am in a bit confusion right now. I am in canada with SOWP and my wife has a status of student right now. My wife has recently completed her graduation and awaiting a transcript from her college. As per rules, she can not work fulltime unless she applies for her PGWP. She also has a skilled job offer but right now she is not working as we are waiting for her transcript and then application to her PGWP.

My question is, Once we receive the transcript from her college, can we apply PGWP and SOWP together? Ofcourse we do not have 3 paystub ready because she can't work right now but we can start working on the day of PGWP application. Both of ours visas are expiring on July 30,2018.

Awaiting your valuable input.
You do not qualify for an OWP unless she is already working in a skilled position, hence the requirement for the payslips. Your app would be refused.

Note that she can work for 20 hours/week while waiting for her transcript. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html#off-campus

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
What canuck said. Plus, you do not need the transcript. You can apply with an official letter from your school that states you've completed all your program requirements and are awaiting graduation. You can also include all the courses, credits and gpa in the letter.

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
What canuck said. Plus, you do not need the transcript. You can apply with an official letter from your school that states you've completed all your program requirements and are awaiting graduation. You can also include all
You do not qualify for an OWP unless she is already working in a skilled position, hence the requirement for the payslips. Your app would be refused.

Note that she can work for 20 hours/week while waiting for her transcript. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html#off-campus
In that case does spouse need to exit Canada ? What other option spouse have to continue to in status in the interim period ?

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018

In that case does spouse need to exit Canada ? What other option spouse have to continue to in status in the interim period ?

rohanvus

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Apply to change status to visitor.
Thanks
But visitor visa is for 6 months - is that right ? After 6 months spouse has to exit if primary applicant still did not get the job in relevant NOC .. is my understanding correct ?

Another situation , if PR is in progress (and spouse is included in the PR application) , then visitor visa may longer be an option and unless PR is approved spouse cannot stay in Canada

Sorry for too many questions

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks
But visitor visa is for 6 months - is that right ? After 6 months spouse has to exit if primary applicant still did not get the job in relevant NOC .. is my understanding correct ?

Another situation , if PR is in progress (and spouse is included in the PR application) , then visitor visa may longer be an option and unless PR is approved spouse cannot stay in Canada

Sorry for too many questions
Visitor status can be extended.