+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application mistake - Canada post delivery, do they send it back?

ekh17

Feb 15, 2019
Hi, I had sent in my application end of January this year, after I sent it I had realized I forgot to sign the application as well as the online presence print out, which was my fault. I realize my application will be returned. However, I am worrying whether my application will actually be returned because I used Canada Post delivery and I saw online that they do not have forward mailing. I did include my return address on the envelope.

I am confused if I should worry about sending in a new application or waiting and if anyone has experience (how long) to have them let me know they have received the application and it will be sent back?

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Can one send another application while the previous one is still not returned back?
That would be the most foolish part on any applicant side, They need to wait to see the reason for rejection rather than coming to conclusion on their own.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Forgetting to sign the application and online calculator is a guarantee return of application.
I would suggest you to wait till you get it back to make sure you can re-send a complete application. You might have forgotten other things and have not realized yet.

ekh17

Feb 15, 2019
I know there's not set time but Im just wondering how long it usually takes to be returned - its mainly the Canada Post Im worried about. Online on the immigration website it says canada Post does not have forward mailing (which is when they return the application).

Or if they even send me an email whether the application has been received in the first place and is being returned..

canvan14

May 8, 2014
The time is usually 2-3 months, hopefully less, at which point they either issue an AOR for a complete application for return it. This is not mail forwarding, they simply send it back to you and pay for postage just like sending a regular mail.
You can join the forum for Jan 2019 applicants and use the time it takes them to get an AOR to estimate when you will get it back.
There will not be an email as you won't be in the system for email communication. The returned application just shows up.

saeedmsdi

May 4, 2020
Hi,

I think I had this mistake too. I just sign forms that have a field for signing, not all the forms. Is it false or I do right?
Are they sent any email for returning or I should just wait?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi,

I think I had this mistake too. I just sign forms that have a field for signing, not all the forms. Is it false or I do right?
no emails are sent out when the application is returned back to your home address. You only need to sign application form and physical presence form.

Reactions: saeedmsdi

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi,

You only need to sign the last page of the form where it asked to do so . Do You want to sign all the pages ? The physical presence also, you only need to sign the page where it says so.

Reactions: saeedmsdi