+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application is refusal but no correspondence letter

hahala3388

Jun 30, 2017
Hi,

This is my second student visa application submitted to CIC.

The first one April 18th because I didn't send in study plan and lack of documents, I got refused.

The second time June 6th I had submitted all the required and supporting documents. On June 8th, they wanted me to send in family member form and the deadline was on 6/28. I submitted on 6/29 and the document showed provided.

However, I got a application status updated to refused on June 29th without any correspondence letter like the first time I received after refusal. I am really confused.

I sent an email asking if the document was the case that they refused the application yesterday.

I just want to know if this is normal? I am super nervous right now since I have class start on July 31 for summer and don't know if I should reapply again to catch the semester start date Sept. 5th.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
This is only a guess but the deadline for the requested document was 6/28 and you submitted it 6/29 so after the deadline and whilst the application may have shown as provided I expect there is a degree of automation that recognised you missed the deadline hence an automatic rejection. CIC are very strict on deadlines and only might show flexibility if contacted with valid reasons in advance of a deadline plus you had 20 days to submit the document anyway.

hahala3388

Jun 30, 2017
I forgot to mention that I turned in the document on June 9th and I had returned to check several times that the document column was shown provided. That is why I was surprised and confused.

Should I reapply the third time before they reply my email or wait until the correspondence letter to come out? I am afraid to miss the start date of school.