+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application is progress but need to change the job

nsid

Jan 18, 2017
Hi,
I have got ITA and alrady submitted final application.

My current company is shutting down I am looking for a new job.
What my concern is, after joining new company I will not be able to provide reference letter from new employer. They will just cancel contract with me.So I planned to stay silent and will show cic that I am jobless now.

But theres another problem. If I get visa, its will show that I am 7-8 month jobless. Will it be a problem to get job in Canada for this?
Please suggest me what to do now.

Thanks

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
Hi,

AFAIK CIC is not a career consulting/recruiting agency/HR - they do not care if you're currently jobless or not. All that matters to them is that the applicant should be above the "3 years or more" work experience threshold.

I'm was in kinda similar situation as yours. Here's what I did:
1) While filing my application I submitted all documents related to my last (had worked at only 1) employer (payslips per quarter, experience certificate listing down my duties, ITRs, TDS Traces, all promotion and salary revision letters, offer letter).
2) Listed myself as "taking a career break/taking time to out to study, sharpen skills" (read jobless).
2.1) You can submit your current/new employers offer letter, salary slips etc AND just a regular certificate from them (stating you're a current full time employee - you can convince them you need it for some random reason like a tourist visa or landlord's asking or whatever - improvise!)
My business unit was shut down and people were laid off. I'm still officially jobless (been >6 months) - got my COPR and Passport back a while ago and flying out in a few weeks.

NOTE: while this may not have any negative impact on your EE profile - employers may view it differently if you've been actually jobless for a while and do not have a good enough reason to support your "career break" argument.

This is my take on the situation maybe someone has a better explanation/solution for you. This was my case but everyone's different so YMMV.

P.S. For my spouse (dependant) my consultant had asked me to submit her offer letter and latest promotion/salary revision letter. No exp letter was requested.

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
Hi,
But theres another problem. If I get visa, its will show that I am 7-8 month jobless. Will it be a problem to get job in Canada for this?
Please suggest me what to do now.

Thanks
Also, neither the visa sticker nor the COPR shows you're "unemployed" lol.
The prospective employers will not have access to your EE application (neither are they bothered with anything other than your credentials, experience and work authorization status) - I don't see a need to bring it up with them that you'd mentioned at the time of filing your EE application that you're unemployed. To them you can show your employment continuity from Job/Company X to Job/Company Y. That's all that matters.

Again, this is my take on the situation maybe someone has a better explanation/solution for you.

Reactions: nsid

nsid

Jan 18, 2017
Hi,

AFAIK CIC is not a career consulting/recruiting agency/HR - they do not care if you're currently jobless or not. All that matters to them is that the applicant should be above the "3 years or more" work experience threshold.

I'm was in kinda similar situation as yours. Here's what I did:
1) While filing my application I submitted all documents related to my last (had worked at only 1) employer (payslips per quarter, experience certificate listing down my duties, ITRs, TDS Traces, all promotion and salary revision letters, offer letter).
2) Listed myself as "taking a career break/taking time to out to study, sharpen skills" (read jobless).
2.1) You can submit your current/new employers offer letter, salary slips etc AND just a regular certificate from them (stating you're a current full time employee - you can convince them you need it for some random reason like a tourist visa or landlord's asking or whatever - improvise!)
My business unit was shut down and people were laid off. I'm still officially jobless (been >6 months) - got my COPR and Passport back a while ago and flying out in a few weeks.

NOTE: while this may not have any negative impact on your EE profile - employers may view it differently if you've been actually jobless for a while and do not have a good enough reason to support your "career break" argument.

This is my take on the situation maybe someone has a better explanation/solution for you. This was my case but everyone's different so YMMV.

P.S. For my spouse (dependant) my consultant had asked me to submit her offer letter and latest promotion/salary revision letter. No exp letter was requested.
Thanks for the reply. I have the same plan as you suggested. What is giving me headache is that if I get PR visa and go to canada, if employers see that I am jobless for atleast 6-8 month that can make them think of alternative option. May be they will not consider me as I have some gap in may career. I can say them I have done freelancing jobs but will not be able to provide any doc.
Getting a job in canada is the ultimate goal. My concern is, may be this situation will lead me to long time jobless career in canada :(

nsid

Jan 18, 2017
Also, neither the visa sticker nor the COPR shows you're "unemployed" lol.
The prospective employers will not have access to your EE application (neither are they bothered with anything other than your credentials, experience and work authorization status) - I don't see a need to bring it up with them that you'd mentioned at the time of filing your EE application that you're unemployed. To them you can show your employment continuity from Job/Company X to Job/Company Y. That's all that matters.

Again, this is my take on the situation maybe someone has a better explanation/solution for you.
Thats a good point. I can update my resume and show the employer in canada that I had job although EE profile may not match. I hear before recruitment they do background check. Not sure if they will verify EE profile too with my updated resume. If they dont do that, then there is no point to be worried i think :)

ameerbil

Feb 10, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-07-2017
Hi Guys,

Quick question.

Currently my express entry profile is on na2 stage and I will be changing job next month, so I was wondering do I need to inform cic of this change as I am working in UAE so my passport will show change of visa and I am worried if I keep quiet then at the time of passport submission they will see this and I wanted to know if I keep quiet or inform them ?

Please advise as this question is killing me.

Regards,
Ameer