+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application "In Process" Advice Please :)

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hi all,

I received a letter today stating : " We are pleased to inform you that we expect to finalize your application without an interview...." and the letter then went on to request that I complete a medical at this time (forms were included), Pay the Right of Permanent Residence and that I send back some additional documents relating to my previous work employment.

1. I assume this is good news that I received this and I'm wondering now if anyone can provide me with an estimate time when I should receive residency?

2. Will this application take longer since they are still asking for documentation proof of my previous related work employment?

Thanks,

D

ps. for those interested here is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 30, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on September 23, 2009.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Seattle office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Seattle office on September 29, 2009.

We transferred your application to the Seattle office on May 4, 2010.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 10, 2010.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is good news. Processing time is tough to gues but may be 2-3 months. You can assume 6 weeks after you get Passport request

Since they have requested for the past employment references, it conveys that background checks are not complete and it may take some more time before you get the PP request

dsubhi

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
derbeast said:
Hi all,

I received a letter today stating : " We are pleased to inform you that we expect to finalize your application without an interview...." and the letter then went on to request that I complete a medical at this time (forms were included), Pay the Right of Permanent Residence and that I send back some additional documents relating to my previous work employment.

1. I assume this is good news that I received this and I'm wondering now if anyone can provide me with an estimate time when I should receive residency?

2. Will this application take longer since they are still asking for documentation proof of my previous related work employment?

Thanks,

D

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Seattle office. They are pending review.

How did you receive this communication ???
Vis email or regular post ????

Thanks for your kind reply!!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
derbeast said:
Hi all,

Thanks,

D

Everything will depend on how quickly you do your medicals and send the proofs they are asking for. Be focus on your medicals and whatever they are asking you. You are good to go...
Cheers,

Feb 20, 2009
eeek - we have almost the exact timeline as you, fingers crossed we will get something in the mail today too

We received your application for permanent residence on May 28, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 29, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We transferred your application to the Seattle office on August 5, 2009. The Seattle office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the Seattle office on May 4, 2010. The Seattle office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 9, 2010.

dsubhi

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
derbeast said:
I recieved it by regular mail. Sorry, I don't know what ecas means?
I meant, What is on your status on "Client Application Status" page on CIC website ???

bkuper

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Hello Derbest,

timing should work more or less as follows:
Book your medicals with one of the advised clinics as per your letter.
After you have done the medicals, the clinic will courier them to the regional medical officer for your region (in our case it was Singapore).
Again, your letter will tell you this.
Your letter should also mention that if you have not heard anything within 6 weeks, you would then be able to conact the Commission for further information and an update.
We waited for 7 weeks after the medical date and then sent the Commission a letter requesting an update. 5 days later we got a letter of request for the passports, which need to be supplied within 30 days. The latest letter says that the visa stamping will take 5-10 working days.