+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application help!!!

Dazz1981

Apr 19, 2010
I am from the Uk but have been living and working in Canada since last July on a 12 month Working Visa along with my wife Debbie. We are due to leave Canada in July and embark on 7 months travelling before going back to England next Janurary.

We really love it here and have made the decision to apply for permanent residence. This is were I am confused!

Are we better applying now while we are here in Canada or is it better to wait until we are back in the UK?

My wife is a skilled worker and has more than enough points to apply. Do we need to one application each or is one enough as we are a a married couple?

We both have employment here in British Columbia. Do we have to have worked for 12 months for this to be a benefit? (we have both currently worked 9 months)

Would it be an advantage to have a job offer for when the application is approved? Also, can it speed up the process if this is the case?

I have been through a few different websites and am no clearer on the best avenue to follow.
Sorry for the long post!!

Thanks

Darren

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are we better applying now while we are here in Canada or is it better to wait until we are back in the UK?

1. You can apply even when you are in Canada. Your shifting from Canada to UK or remaining in Canada will not effect your application. However these days London visa office is quite slow in processing, so keep your application processing/ visa office in Canada only.

My wife is a skilled worker and has more than enough points to apply. Do we need to one application each or is one enough as we are a a married couple?

2. Your wife can be the main applicant and u can add as spouse. One application only.

We both have employment here in British Columbia. Do we have to have worked for 12 months for this to be a benefit? (we have both currently worked 9 months)

3... 12 months working on work permit is the minumum time to file application for RP.

Would it be an advantage to have a job offer for when the application is approved? Also, can it speed up the process if this is the case?

3. AEO will fetch you 10 points. I dont think it will speed up the process.

home

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
I think those applying from Canada apply through Buffalo, US, which is slower than London. There could be other reasons why Buffalo could be better, but not time line.